PYGFO October 5-11

LauraR

Cathlete
Did I miss this thread somewhere? I can't believe it's Wednesday and nobody has started us!

I've been having internet woes, which is why I haven't posted till now. It's just par for the course here in Uganda, but it's still frustrating.

I'm getting back into workouts gradually. It's a slower process than I had hoped for. I obviously had a very potent bug! I did a VERY modified Imax3 on Monday and then didn't feel good enough to work out yesterday. I'm hoping to do some upper body work today.

How is everybody?

Laura

I didn't do upper body yesterday but I did just finish SS upper body premix today. The work feels pretty wimpy right now for my muscles, but I can tell that I'm wise to go slowly for my wrist. It doesn't hurt anymore, but, for example, by the end of all those bicep concentration curls, I can just feel that it's fatigued. I'm thrilled to be doing upper body weight work again, though!

It's Independence Day here in Uganda, so everyone's celebrating.

Happy October 9 to all of you!

Laura

Good morning Laura. I've been very busy. Several people have been off work this week due to illness and family losses. A very generous friend got me a kettlebell, so I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Hi to any other slacker PYGFOers!

Hi Girls!

I'm here, I'm here! Just finished DM cardio and upper body. I have had an icky cold this week, but still plodding through my workouts. Priorities, right? DS21 and 9 of his college fraternity brothers and some of their parents are coming over for dinner tonight and some of the guys are staying here over night. Then going to the TX-OU football game Sat. in Dallas.

Laura~Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Thanks for starting the thread.

Robin~So glad to see that you have your old "Robin" avatar back. How do you like my dog? She looks cute, but looks can be deceiving with her!! Enjoy your kettlebell.

Hi all other PYGFOers!

PYGFO Check-in

PYGFO Sisters:

I am still here! I am so happy to see this thread. I started checking in with the Peeps, but I want to keep checking in here too. Y’all are very special to me!

This was an unplanned recovery week. I have been spending my free time curling up with a heating pad and cramps this week. I wanted to do Muscle Max Tuesday morning, but I had a sharp pain in my left knee when I attempted to do any kind of squat or lunge. I am learning through intuitive eating to listen to my body, and I am applying that to exercise as well. I have been enjoying the CTX cardio segments this week (modified for impact and on the floor for the step combinations). I have a general game plan for a rotation, but my goal is to keep moving and have fun when my body has other ideas. Even 30 minutes of cardio is better than nothing at all!

I had fun at my Zumba class last night. My feet were crying after class, and it was not because of impact. It is time for new shoes. I do not have any money in my fitness savings since STS was so expensive, so I need to take some old shoes to the consignment shop before I buy new ones. The shoes I wear to work need to be replaced too. I can always tell when it is time for new shoes because my feet are sore all the time. Losing this extra weight I am hauling around would help too.

Why is it that I can gain 30 pounds in 4 weeks, but it takes 4 months to lose it? I read an article earlier this week about needing 3 hours of exercise a day to conquer genetic obesity. I believe it! The only time I have weighed less than 200 pounds since I started my fitness journey was when I was exercising 3 hours a day or after a 40-day juice fast. Fasting is not the answer because it results in a temporary loss of mostly water weight that returns as fast as it left when I start eating again. If I spend most of my workout time in the pool or on a recumbent bike, I think I can handle twice daily cardio without hurting myself. This is not about vanity or the size of my butt. I want to feel good, have consistent energy, and be free from constant pain in my feet. I have been hauling this weight around for too long. I am thankful that I am making consistent progress in the right direction. I lost 20 pounds between the 4th of July and my birthday and another 6 pounds last month. If I keep taking baby steps in the right direction, I will reach a healthy weight and size. I need to keep my focus and game face on and keep pressing on.

My friend who stays in touch with former contestants from The Biggest Loser shared with me that many of them continue to devote hours a day to exercise to maintain their weight. I am facing the music and accepting the truth that there is a big genetic element to this battle. This is war, and this weight is not going down without a fight! I want exercise to be a joy and not a job, so I want to start by adding more fun activity like water jogging, rebounding, and dancy hi-lo workouts to my rotation. There are creative ways to add more physical activity to my lifestyle while enjoying the journey and maintaining a healthy balance.

Laura, I hope you had a fun holiday! I love Supersets! It is a light and fun workout.

Robin, have fun with your new fitness toy!

Gin, I hope you feel better. Did you visit the state fair this year?

Hugs to Lara and Finley!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning:)
How is everyone? Still doing they 4DS rotation this week:) Yesterday did Bootcamp cardio only Butts and Guts floor work only then4DS shoulders and calves:) NOt sure what i'm doin this morning:) It's 5am I think i'm going back to bed, don't have to be at work till noon:)
Love ya'll!
Randi

This has turned into an Imax week for me since I began the week still recuperating from the tummy bug but at the same time am trying to work back into the intensity of running. So, right now I'm about to do IM2. LOVE that work out--so it's nice to really look forward to working out, even when it's a toughie. :D

Robin and Gin--love your new avatars.

Robin--I've seen those kettlebells but just haven't known how it was really different than using plain 'ole weights. Let me know if you love yours.

Randi--have fun with 4DS

Heather--I've learned that listening to our own bodies is very wise. Good for you.

Weekend plans anyone? DH is out of town, so my weekend will be low key. Might try to sneak in an extra workout because of all my unplanned days off.

Laura

Hello.

I am still here, too!! I haven't had much time to read the forums this week. I worked a couple of half days this week and had lots of paperwork to catch up on.
I was able to do PP upper body 3x, B&G, LIC lower body circuit, and a C&W premix this week. It feels so good to slowly get back into Cathe workouts!! I wasn't able to w/o the last 2 days. I am hoping to find time tomorrow!!
We are busy with DH's 20th reunion this weekend. I can't believe it has been 20 years for him!!

Laura...Thanks for what you said on last weeks thread!! It sounds like you are feeling better!! I can't wait to do the IMAXes again!! I am sure I will have to modify them a little bit. I am glad your wrist is cooperating so you can do upper body. I hope you enjoy your extra workout!

Robin...I tried to be one of your peeps, but by the time I read all of the posts, Finley usually requires attention and I can't reply. I am glad you are still popping in over here.

Gin...Wow, it sounds like you had a housefull!! I hope OU will give you a better game than we did. We are SO bad this year!! I hope you are completely recovered from your cold.

Heather...I will give Finley a big hug from you:). I am finding that I am happy to fit in any workout right now, even if it is for 30 minutes!! I really want to workout longer, but just doing somethin makes me feel so much better.

Randi...I hope you were able to "nap" this morning. I can't wait to do 4DS BC again either!! I love that one!!

I am so glad to see everyone here. Time to go change Finley and *hopefully* start her bedtime routine so she will get tired!!!

Oh, wow. Imax2 yesterday was SO FUN. I hadn't done it yet since returning to Uganda, so it'd been over a year. Fun, fun. I was doing the happy Pina Colada dance yesterday afternoon after making it through with NO PAUSES. Having done Imax 3 on Monday, and still feeling sluggish, I was a little down on myself. But, wow, the longer breaks in Imax2 make it much more do-able than Imax3. Yikes!

Today was ME. This was my first time to do weight work for legs and arms together since injuring my wrist. I would say that I am at 95% of normal now. I made it through the whole workout with NO wrist fatigue. I even did the short push-up segment--my first time to do push-ups in 4 months. Wow.

It's a little humbling to be doing the low weights that I am, but I think I'll be able to work back up, now that my wrist can support the work.

Happy Weekend.
Laura

Good Morning!

Today I ran and walked 5 miles with a friend. We are slowly training for a Half marathon in Feb. I am hoping to have the energy to do ME lower body premix in a bit. AND I SHOULD do some stretching! Hard to fit it all in sometimes.
We had a housefull of OU fans for dinner Thursday night and several of the guys stayed over. When I came home for work yesterday there were big boys asleep on every sofa taking a nap!!
I am still recovering form a bad cold and was up all night coughing!:(

Heather~The only time I have ever been to the TX State Fair was in college. Not sure I have any interest in going there now. I like your statement about taking baby steps in the right direction to being healthier. Sounds like a good plan.

Laura~IMAX2 is also one of my favs. It is tough, but I always feel so good when I complete it. Are you still planning on training for a Half M in Feb? I found a training schedule on runnersworld.com where you run 3x a week (one long run a week) and I like that.:)

Lara~How was going back to work? Is your mother keeping Finley? My 30th HS reunion is next weekend! YIKES! That's how old I am!! Don't think I am going, though. Yeah to your dedication to keeping up with your workouts! I started doing workouts at home when my boys were very young so I could do it when they napped.

Hi Randi and Robin and Liann all other PYGFOers!

Have a great day!

I suppose I should go ahead and start a new thread, but since I'm responding to previous posts, I'm going to post one more time on this thread. :)

Gin--I haven't formalized any plan or started talking to anyone else, but yes, I'm still planning to run a 1/2 marathon in Feb. At the least, DH said he'd run the distance with me. I'd like to organize something a little more formal and get some of the community involved. But I haven't done that yet. I saw that same 3-day training schedule. I really liked it, too. If I use that schedule, then I could tack upper body work onto one or both of the "shorter" run days. Then I could still use one day for step and one day for lower body weight work, and still work out just 5 days a week (which is pretty much my max). That's the general plan I have in mind.

Lara--I'm glad you appreciated what I had to say last week. I didn't want to sound like I was up on a soap box, so I'm glad it was encouraging. I know that for me, even now, I can become more "obsessive" than simply "committed" to my workouts and I lose the fun and the enjoyment of having "me-time." You have so much on your plate right now with a new baby and getting back to work. Obviously, those can become easy excuses for simply not working out at all. But with your dedication and fitness level, I just don't think that will be an issue! :D You'll be back to your previous fitness level in no time, I just know.

I think that today I'll do Imax (the original). Tomorrow will be BM2, but without the upper body. Then Tuesday I'll run and tack the BM2 upper body on afterwards. Wed and Friday with also be runs, perhaps with more upper body tacked on on Friday. And Saturday will be lower body weights.

Have a good Sunday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.