PYGFO - Friday 1/4

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
Hi girls. Hope you are having a great day. It is cold here...brrr. I am sure some of you are dealing with colder weather than I am so I won't complain too much. So my neighbor talked me into having a jewelry party on 1/15. I am actually kind of looking forward to it. I don't get to entertain much so it's nice to just spend some time with the girls. If any of you like jewelry and you want to browse the catalog, just let me know. :) No workout yesterday for me. I didn't get up this morning and work out either. I have no excuse. I'm just lazy and pathetic. :+

Robin - did you get better sleep last night? How was your CC workout last night? Any update on your knee?

Lara - I love the way you shared the news with your family. I bet they were so shocked and ecstatic. I would have to know if it was a boy or a girl also.

Carolyn - is the 12 week challenge an eating clean challenge? I must have missed that one. I need to do that too. :( My eating has been way out of control lately. My jeans are feeling tight.

Vicki - Did you get my message last night? No pressure to call me back. :p

Michelle - what's new with you girlie? Haven't chatted with you in awhile. Are you finally calming down after the holiday madness?

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Yesterday was GS "ouchie mama" Legs and today is Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power Yoga.:)
Had a headache dr.'s appt yesterday and he told me that my hormone levels were way done, so thought that was the cause of my headaches. He now has me on lots of pills (hormones) and cross your fingers that they help!:)
Glad that I don't go back to school until Monday because I slept 4 hours last night!x( I am tiderd!

Robin--How is the knee today? Hope you slept better. Let us know what the MRI shows. Which Cardio Coach do you have and like best? I'm just thinking....

Lara--Love the way you told your family! So cute! You must be feeling good, right?:) Are you due in the summer? Hope you will still post with us!

Carolyn--I have looked a the 12 week challenge thread, but I'm overwhelmed with so many people. I certainly SHOULD do it!

Hi to Michelle, Vicki and Tess!!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Morning Tess and Gin,

The 12-week challenge is Body for Life. Do you guys remember meeting Gayle (Banslug) at the road trip? She has just completed challenge 1 and posted her results. I looked at them and was amazed at her transformation in just 12 weeks. I emailed her a couple of times to get more info about it and I decided to start on 12/31. I got the book from the library and also the Eating for Life book. It has great and simple receipes. I am mainly interested in the mid meal snacks.
It is basically eating clean 6 meals a day and drinking lots of water. Gayle followed the w/o's in the book, but I found it was basically the pyramid system so I am rotating between Cathe's pyramids and GS for the first month and then will change it up. 3 heavy weight w/o's and 3 30 minute cardio days a week and one rest day.
I did take measurements and am keeping a w/o-food journal. No before and after pics to post.
My eating and workouts had gotten so out of control during the holidays I decided to just do it. It has only been 5 days but I feel so much better.

Wish me luck..

Carolyn

Hi gals,
Tess, have fun with your party. The workout out was good. I used my HRM and seemed to be right where I should.

Gin, I have vol 2 revised, 6 and 7, but I've only done 2 so far. I'm planning on doing 6 or 7 on Saturday. Good luck with the hormones. I know you have trouble with meds, so be careful.

Carolyn, I was disappointed not to be able to join in the 12 week challenge, but with my knee and my current checking in with 2 or 3 challenges, I didn't think it was managable. I did get the book and cookbook out of the library too. Good luck to you.

Yeah, Michelle, where the heck are you. Having too much fun with you family to spend time with us?

Vicki, hey you.

Same to Laura, Lara, Allison Heather etc.

My MRI was not fun, just because it is hard to lay perfectly still for 30 minutes. They said my doctor would get the report today, so I'm going to give the office a call later this afternoon.

I'm planning on an upper body workout of some sort this evening. I'll have to double check my calender and see what parts need doing, but I think it's back and shoulders. I should do some ab work too.

Well, I just called the doctor's office and they can't (or won't?) give me any information about my MRI until my appointment next Friday. I hate waiting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.