PYGFO August 17-23

LauraR

Cathlete
Hey, girls. Starting a new week about 8 hours ahead of you all over here in Uganda! ;)

I did do B&G yesterday, and the way I was feeling tight last night, I was afraid of serious DOMS today. But it's not bad at all. My muscles must've recuperated in the night. Hurray. I love that workout because it fries your legs but you don't have to lift much heavy weight--which is great for me with my wrist right now.

Speaking of my wrist, Lara, I haven't done any weighted wrist curls yet, though I have regularly been doing gentle curls and stretches without weight. So far, any time I have a weight in my hand, I've tried to keep my wrist "fixed and straight" as Cathe said. When I get just a little further along, I'd thought about doing some curls. Glad to know you think that's a good idea. Glad for any other input you have. :)

Gin, sorry about the goodbyes. DD is starting daily preschool in 2 weeks. She went 2 days a week last year. Both DSs were already in school, but she was still at home. Now I'm going to have an empty house, all morning, every school day. Wow. It's not the same step as yours, but it is a step and I'm not sure my heart is quite ready!!

Hello to Liann, Robin, Randi, Heather, and any other PYGFOs who stop by!

Hi Laura. I finally figured out how to get to your MyCatheSpace and see your pictures. Your garden is so lovely! I wish, wish, wish I liked to garden. I love the results, but don't like the work. I don't mind sweating and getting dirty or bug-bitten, but I just don't know what I'm doing. Plus I have really bad dirt - rock filled clay - that doesn't grow much besides dandelions.

Gin, when do your kindergardeners start school? My DH starts teaching tomorrow. DD starts classes tomorrow too. In fact, I think Greyor is going to a sitter for a few hours and I may actually have the whole house to myself for a bit. I honestly can't remember the last time that happened.

I'm not sure where my workouts will take me this week. Last week I did a CTX rotation, since I was really time challenged with Bible school every evening. I still feel exhausted from last week and am not very motivated. I guess I'll just have to open the closet door, close my eyes and grab a DVD.

Hi to Kara, Liann, Carolyn, Heather, Randi and anyone else who drops by.

Hi.

I finally got a workout in today. I did LoMax plus all blast premix. I wanted to do weights also, but I was too tired. I haven't been getting to sleep until between 3-4 in the morning. Then, I toss and turn and have to get up and go to the bathroom, and I wake up early. I guess I am destined to never sleep again...especially when the baby gets here.
I have another dr appt tomorrow--I am hoping for some progess!!

Laura...Keep doing what feels best to your wrist! That is good you are keeping your wrists straight with all weighted work. When you are ready, you could add light weights (1-3 pound range for both wrist flexion and extension). But...definitely don't push it, just do what feels comfortable!

Robin...So, what workout did you pick out? I may have to try your method sometime when I can't figure out what I want to do!! I hope you enjoy your alone time tomorrow:)

My schools start back tomorrow also. I think I am working a half day before my doctor appt, then I have patients till 7. It will be a busy day. I hope I can sleep tonight!!
Have a great night!!

Good Morning PYGFOers!

I just came home from running and plan to do MIC in a minute. Haven't done that one in ages!

Laura~I'm sorry that your wrist is still bothering you.:( Loved the beautiful pics of Uganda. Thank you for sharing them. It is an adjustment when your kids start school, at any age. Will your dd be in school every morning?

Robin~I'm with you there on the gardening. I love a beautiful garden, but I do not have a green thumb, at all!:( The students first day of school is Aug 25 (next Monday). What does your DH teach? I hope you can enjoy the quiet in your house when everyone is at school /sitter tomorrow. What workout are you planning on doing today? Do you have Timesaver?

Lara~I am so impressed that you can do LoMax and then blast only premix when nearly 9 months pg!!:eek: And how are you functioning with so little sleep?? I'm so sorry about that. So after your shower, do you have everything you need for dd? It's getting so close!:)

Have a great day ladies!

When I said I was going to start CTX this week, I forgot that I had planned a shopping trip to Kampala. So that will start next week.

Today I ran 2 miles (yikes, that is SO different in tropical heat on uneven roads going up and down hill than it is in AC on a treadmill). I was TIRED after 2 miles, and I had been doing 3 on a treadmill. Wow.

Then I did back exercises at the tiny gym at a local hotel. They don't have much equipment, but they do have a few machines, and several are for back. That's nice since you need heavy weights and I don't want to lift them manually yet.

I'll be out of pocket tomorrow and Wednesday. I'll post again on Thursday.

Hopefully I can get lots of walking in, because I won't be working out.

Laura

Hello!

I wasn't able to workout today (again:(). I went to one of my school districts this morning to start scheduling and to treat a few kiddos. I had my doctor's appointment in the afternoon, and then had patients until 7. DH and I went out to eat veggie burgers after that. I am worn out!!

My doctor said I was 1.5 cm dilated (yeah--first time I have been dilated) and 50% effaced. She said she wouldn't be surprised if DD came this week:eek:!! Of course, it is hard to tell when she will decide to show up. I am just hoping it is b/f my next scheduled appointment (Monday). These cervical checks are VERY painful!! I am not enjoying these late appointments at all!! At least I have made progress and know that she will be here soon:).

Gin...Wow, you go!! I haven't done MIC in forever, but I do remember how hard it is!! Especially after a run!! I have never been the best sleeper (I worry and stress too much at night), but this is getting to me a little bit. I think we have the basics, but I still need to go out and get a few things. She definitely has lots of clothes!! Little girl clothes are so fun to shop for.

Laura...I haven't ever been able to run as far outside as I can on my TM. It always hurts me so much more when I am outdoors. It is too bad b/c I would rather run outside, but usually head for the TM instead! Have fun on your shopping trip.

I plan on working out tomorrow after work---unless I am in the hospital!! Have a great Tuesday!

Lara, great news about the dialation!!! I'm so excited for you. Your schedule sounds crazy. Don't worry about not getting a workout in. Oh, and by the way, if you worry and stress at night now, just wait until DD is in the world. No one told me babies mean a life of worry!

Gin, my DH teaches Industrial Manufacturing (machine shop) at the local community college. Yesterday's peace and quiet was lovely, but too short. I ended up just doing some weight work.

Laura, yes, running outside is harder than on a treadmill, but so much more worth it, to me. I get so bored on treadmills, or exercise machines of any sort. Enjoy your shopping trip.

I have a meeting at church this evening that should be interesting. First off, we have a huge deficet, due to heating costs, and will be addressing possible ways to cut costs. Secondly, someone new to my church had a wedding there last weekend, and they had a DJ and dancing at the reception in Fellowship Hall. (We are Baptists. For some reason, we don't dance?!?!?) Someone who wasn't even at the reception got wind of this and fired off a letter to the Pastor. Sheesh. People are killing each other with suicide bombs, the environment sucks, children are being abused, and this woman is upset because some folks danced in church. Oy! Anyway, I'll be doing something cardio before the meeting to help stave off undue stress and anger.

Hi Girls!

Just a quick post to say hi. I just finished Terminator Guantlet...WHEW! I was good and was having fun until that last cardio segment and then I was TOAST!:p

Laura~Enjoy your shopping trip! Did the children folllow you when you were running, saying, "How are you? How are you?":D

Lara~So excited for you!! I'm pretty sure that your labor will go faster if you have already started to dilate and efface. I did and my labor went very quickly both times. I am thinking about you!!:)

Robin~Sorry about the stress at your church. I guess it is kind of funny. (about the dancing at the reception):eek:

Have a great day!!

Hello.

I am still here! No hospital yet. I, of course, did not sleep last night. I wrote thank you notes from 4 until 7 this morning. I did get a little nap from 715-815 this morning, but it was not enough!! I took it a little easier at work today and just did some scheduling. I have a very full day tomorrow, so I hope I at least get a few good hours of sleep tonight!!
Since I was so tired, I didn't do any Cathe today. DH and I took our dog on a walk in the park. It was only 2 miles, but at least it was something, and Sophie enjoyed it.

Robin...I can only imagine how much I will worry when DD is actually here!! I get lots of rolled eyes from DH just from worring so much about our dog!! How did your meeting go? I just can't imagine a wedding reception without some dancing!! Now that I think about it, I have been to a few without dancing, and I think the receptions were at Baptist churches. I hope you were able to work out some of your anger and aggression!!

Gin...I can only wish that my labor will go as smoothly as yours!! Thanks for thinking about me:). Sounds like you had another good workout!! I can't wait to have my body all to myself again so I can kick my workouts back up!! Plus, that will mean she is finally here!!

Have a great Wednesday!!

Morning all.

Just a quick note to let you all know the meeting at church went well last night. The concerns raised about the dancing issue were legit and we decided to write some guidelines about the use of Fellowship Hall for the next group who requests it's use. The people involved just wanted to be sure our church doesn't become a "social hall."

Lara, you and the baby will be uppermost in my prayers until her arrival.

Laura, how was the shopping?

Gin, I struggled through Step Blast last night and the only thing that kept me going was pretending I was at the Four Seasons.

Hi to any other PYGFOers who drop by.

Hi Robin. I am glad the meeting went well last night. Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers!!

I had a long day at work, so no workout. I was "playing" all day with the kiddos and was on my feet most of the day, but it was no Cathe!! I need to keep moving so this baby will decide to come on her own!! My doctor said if she didn't come by Mon, she would talk about inducing. I want her to come naturally, so hopefully that will happen!!

I hope everyone had a great day!

Hello. I'm back. We had a good shopping trip and picked up a new teacher for our kids' school.

We have a small guest house at the back of our compound, and one of the single women on our team is moving into it. It needed some work and sprucing up, so we were shopping for material to make curtains for her house.

I'm also redoing our office. It's going to be "grapevine" tones--dusky purples and sage. I found some great material and am working on choosing the paint.

So I had fun--lots of girl talk and shopping and staying up late, but no workouts. I'm happy to be back, though.

Gin--I'm sure the children were following me and saying "How are you?" (Yeah for you remembering that little piece of info! :D) HOWEVER--I have this great new (to me) piece of technology--an Ipod shuffle! So I can plug into my music and be completely oblivious to all the verbal harassment. I'm so thrilled. I think that I have finally recovered the ability to run here! Woo hoo. We've had an Ipod for years, and my husband had had a shuffle. But somehow I just hadn't made the connection that I could regain "my own little world" by putting on those headphones. It's really great.

Robin--Sorry for the 'ugh' meeting at church. It's sad that there was a legitimate complaint, but at the same time, it's good that it wasn't a fuss about nothing. I grew up in a church with no dancing, too. But things are a little different here in Africa. LOL. ;) Dancing is an integral part of every church service!

Lara--Hurray for you and the late-pregnancy workouts, and also for knowing when you're tired and need to not workout. I worked out through all my pregnancies and really feel that it helped throughout the pregnancy and recovery!

Hello to Heather and Liann and any others who pop in.

Laura

Hey All:)
Sorry I can't be on here more often. When I am I sneek on it at work!
This weeks schedule
Today MIS upperbody and abs then 4DS KB warm up only then legs only
8/21 Kick max cardio and blast only
8/22 GS Back and Bis CM tough abs
8/23 4DS HIS cardio ony
8/24 Chest and Tris CM #1
8/25 GS Legs I'll try to be on here more:)
Have a great rest of the week
Randi
progress.gif

Hello.

Laura...It sounds like you had a great time! I wish I were good at redecorating. I always need input from others!! My sister is great at it, but I did not get any of that talent. I am still trying to pick out a paint color for our kitchen that we started renevating last year:(. I am really hoping that working out will help with labor. I have heard several people say they thought it did, but I am still nervous about it!! Have fun with the office!!

Randi...Nice to see you. It looks like you will have great workouts this week (as usual).

Still no baby!! Maybe this weekend:)

Good MOrning
Lara you are so close!! How exciting!
It's 5:30 am getting ready to workout b/4 work I'm not really following my rotation, I just do what ever I feel like. But it's still GS this month mixed in with 4DS. I'm getting ready to supersets C and T maybe core max tough core we'll see:)
Have a good day ladies:)
Randi

Okay, girls.....this working fulltime is really getting in the way of my exercise and checking the boards.:( How do you girls do it?? I did run my usual MWF 3 miles this morning, but Laura, there was no time for any extra cardio today. I have to leave for work in a minute.

Lara~I am so excited for you. Maybe this weekend! How long will you take off to stay at home with her?

Laura~Glad you have that ipod to run with so the children don't bother you! Pennie and Jean and I met last night for dinner and your name came up.:) Pennie was in town to take her ds to school. It ws great to see them.

Hi Robin, Randi, Liann, Heather and all others who pop by.

Gotta go......
Have a great day!

I think I'm going to take a little rest time. My mind and body are pretty worn out from all this settling in, etc. I feel bad taking a "break" since I've already had trouble keeping up with regular workouts while unpacking, but I do think I need a total rest. I've declared a rest from any kind of work on my house until the kids' start school Sept 3. I don't think that I'll take that long of a break from workouts. But I do need some kind of mental break. I've been pushing myself pretty hard. I want to mentally rest as well as spend some time with my kids before they start school. Once they start, it'll be easier to keep a regular schedule. Plus, I'll have time to myself in the morning with all of them gone. Wow.

I may sneak in a run for fun or do something else when I just "feel" like it. But I'm going to give myself permission to take it easy. One thing I learned on this furlough is that I tend to be hard on myself and not take breaks, so I'm going to try to change that. I need to relax before school starts, and I'm going to do it!

Hello.

I am still having the typical 3rd trimester insomnia. At least I slept from 1-5 am. I haven't slept that long in awhile! The lack of sleep and working are taking a toll on my workouts also. I look forward to getting back to it this weekend.

Randi...Hope you had a good workout this morning. I should have done my workout at 5 am since I wasn't sleeping!!

Gin...I say I will take 6-8 weeks off from work. I really don't know for sure. I am a contract worker, so I will not be paid during my time off. That may influence me to go back sooner. We'll see. DH is putting no pressure on me to return. He just wants me to do what I want. This week has been less than stellar for my workouts, too. It really is hard to fit it all in when you work long hours!! Good job on fitting in your 3 runs!!

Laura...Good for you for deciding to rest and spend time with your kiddos before school starts. I am like you, I am really hard on myself for missing workouts. My DH has had to hear me complain all week about it. I don't really get much sympathy from him! I just keep telling myself that it is OK (and even good for you) to take a break!! Happy relaxing!!

Have a great Saturday!!

Lara--I barely slept the last month of my first pregnancy, so I really feel for you. It was so frustrating because I knew that things weren't particularly going to get better once the baby came! LOL. ;)

Hope you can get some rest in there somewhere!

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.