Pentgenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/31

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

Just getting us started...Need to get a workout in. I have to do something about this slump I am in.

Back alittle later.

:)

Good morning again,

Today I did KCM's Weight workout #1 Chest, Back and Legs.

Right now the dog food is cooking, and I am relaxing for a bit before starting on another thing on the list. Does anyone else make a list of "to do's"?

Judy, keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Yes, Hospice is wonderful. Is your SIL there too?

Lori, send some of that "sudden urge" productive stuff my way please! It is so humid here, I can't imagine sitting by a fire, but if that relaxes you, go for it! :)

HI to Lynda, Caitlin, Josie, and Valerie,

Hope everyone is having a great end of summer weekend.

Take care,

Morning Deb.. great you got in a workout! I also like to have something else going on while I work out, something in the oven, or the wash going. that's about as much multitasking as I do.
Did Burnsets ch, ba, sh plus core 1 yesterday. we'd wanted to ride today but so far looks kind of damp. will decide later this morning. we can

we are having marginal weather, the usual for labor day. we never plan anything especially for this weekend. always a zoo, and the drive home from anywhere is always awful. we're getting things ready to head to Canada on Tuesday. going to jasper for some hiking and mt biking. weather doesn't look perfect but better than it was 2 weeks ago when we originally planned to go.

the chubby guy in the yoga link was funny..... I can relate to some of his early moves and balance issues! quite the transformation.

Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers. Jim (FIL) is unresponsive now. Chris (DH) and I are with him, saying goodbye. He was a great man and he lived a great life.

Judy

Hi Deb, Josie, Valerie, Lori, Judy, and Caitlin--

This morning I did RK with 1 lb gloves (55:16), and last night took Max for a 3 mile walk.

Judy, you and your DH and SIL have been with Jim through every step in this painful decline and did your very best to support his dignity and independence. Sad, but also inspiring.

Lori, I hope your therapy sessions help. Maybe it is just too much stress wearing your down.

Deb, it's very humid here as well.

DH and Max are off to get piglets. His new chicks seem to be doing well in the brooder.

Tomorrow we are off to look at 2014 Honda CRVs.

Wasn't humid at all last night here. Was kind of nice by the fire.

About to take chester for a walk and that may be all I do today. Legs are tired from yesterdays workout and rearranging!

Here are two pictures but of course I can only upload one at a time. It looks cute. Decided to give it some color so I went with purple.

Lynda...oh piglets are just so cute. Have fund car shopping.

Deb...I make up to do lists too. :)

Valerie...labor day traffic is terrible. Don't blame you for staying home. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Have a great day ladies! Hi to Josie and Caitlin!

Judy you and DH did a terrific job trying to keep things going as well as possible for FIL. even if he's not aware, you will know you did the best you could for him. Hoping this proceeds smoothly and that he has no discomfort.

Lori ... I also make 'to do" lists. It's the only way big things don't get overlooked. every trip we make I make a shopping list, menu list, and errand list that I can cross off as things get done. we do too many small trips to keep it straight otherwise. I hate to complain about this but when we did 2 trips a year it was easier. doing several dozen small trips... well you start forgetting obvious things, or thinking you did something but it was for a previous trip. so lists and more lists.
I think you're wise to give your legs a rest. can't work a body part full bore day after day.. you will get too tired or injured.

Last edited:
Ok...I give up...not sure what is going on as I never had this issue before. Not doing anything different. Oh well.

Good morning & Happy Labor Day!

Today I did Sprint 8 and Horizontal Conditioning, workout #1. This one just does not get any easier for me. :(.

Lori, I found that the only good way to post pics on any forum board is to open a free account with picturetrail.com ( or any of those picture sites) and upload to them first. It's really easy, if I can do it, anyone can! :).

Valerie, I make a "to do" list every weekend, it keeps me on track, and makes me feel like I have accomplished something and did not waste 2 days. Glad you like the article, I really like Dr. Mercola. Some of his stuff is extreme, but he is right on for most of it.

Judy, I am glad your FIL is in resting peacefully and out of pain. You and your DH have done your best with him, he is very lucky to have a son and DIL like you.

Lynda, I would love to see the piglets! Post a pic if you can.

Hi to Josie & Caitlin,

We will be going to the training hall this morning for our last team practice. :)

Jim passed peacefully around 9:30 last night.

This is a photo we took last year around Thanksgiving.

Judy

Attachments

• Thanksgiving 2013.jpg
    Thanksgiving 2013.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2
Judy,

So sorry for your loss. But it can comfort you to know that he is in peace now with no pain. You and Chris are in my thoughts.

Judy so sorry but it is good this is over. we went thru a very long process with my FIL (many weeks) and MIL after they were unresponsive. I was hoping it wouldn't turn out like that for you and your husband and for your FIL.

I had this idea I was going to post a couple pics but I can't view any of the ones Lori or Judy posted... so will wait a bit. I can't find the cord to hook my phone up the computer anyway, so DH must have it somewhere.

yesterday did the bi's, tris part of burnsets, and core 1.

Deb, is there a place to see a segment of Horizontal conditioning anywhere? it's one of the things I like about yoga... doing things from a plank /semi plank position seems to build overall strength quickly for me. my yoga instructor has us do lots of things from that position, and it's workable for me, versus moves involving open hips, which are not possible for me. ETA.. never mind, that wasn't hard to find. which workout do you have?

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I will be spinning today. I took the day off yesterday and did absolutely nothing :). My DH and I just went out to lunch and took a trip to IKEA. We need a new coffee table.

Judy, my condolences to you and your DH and SIL. All of you took great care of him on his last days.

Lori, send us the picture through e-mail :).

Hi to Valerie, Garance and Caitlin!

Josie

Judy,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know you and your husband have been through a lot this year and it seems to be a blessing that he has passed by the way you have described things the past few months. Saying this though does not diminish the pain that you feel that you lost your FIL and your DH his Dad. It still hurts just the same. Again even more prayers and hugs coming your way.

Lori

Good evening ladies,

Yesterday I ended up giving my legs a rest and decided to do STS meso 2 ch,sh,tris. I do not remember exactly which disc # it was. Today was 45 minutes of Cathe Barre I made up from workout blender then walked chester. Was thinking about some yoga later but might not get to it.

Valerie...I thought it was me because I am unable to open Judy's picture either. Very weird that I can not attached nor open. I get the same error message. Are you trying on your Ipad? Perhaps there is an issue as I am on mine also.

Josie...I have never been to an IKEA. I hear they are a really fun store to visit. There isn't one close by and I have not had the need to travel to one. Some day I would like to though.

Have a great night all. Back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

I'm not good at pictures but no way (??) without the cord.. DH must have put it somewhere. oh well, in a week I'll look again.
Did Cardio supersets and was reminded about those burpee type moves. I did NOT get them all. been too long. not possible to keep everything tuned up to 100% I guess.
I'll check back in in about a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.