Pentagenarians+ TGIF!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning !

Well I am so glad it is Friday! I was going to take the day off today, because DH took half a day, but work got crazy yesterday so I am going in this morning, hopefully to get out at noon and do something with DH...

BB in a bit

Deb

I'm back!

Hi,

Just got back from walking the dogs. No workout again today, and of course yesterday's eating was horrible again. I am getting my mind set to start this week off Sunday with working out again and hopefully better eating.

Carol:
What's a Burpee? Maybe I can google it and see how to do them!;)..How is that 25 minute workout? Is there decent music? The only thing I don;t like about Lauren's DVD is the horrible music..it is not uplifting at all!

Garance:
PM your address to me and I will send you that stuff you liked that I got on Ebay..too much for my hair which is thick and course..I checked out that site with the dresses..very nice. I don;t really wear dresses very often, our workplace is "business" casual...which is really borderline casual.

LaLa: How are you feeling?

Hello to : Rhonda, Linny and anyone else I missed..

Have a great day!

Deb

Perpetual motion......Perhaps that should be my nickname

During the Summer is when I catch up. I don't have time or energy to do deep cleaning during the school year. In the morning, I do best at the jobs I dread...which is almost all house work. When I get home from working, I would rather exercise than do housework with whatever energy I have left.

I have a blue and gold Macaw. He is around 19 and I have had him for about 17 years.

Yesturday I did all but the lower body circuit of BM1. Today I am doing Cardio-Fusion and some core.

The baseball game was great because the weather was wonderful. We left in the ninth inning when the Nationals were loosing 7 to 3. It ended up being 9 to 3.

Take care all.

Rhonda

Attachments

• Old Memory Stick 007.jpg
    Old Memory Stick 007.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2
Good morning!! Today was Jari's Slim & Lean. Man I hate that workout. I really do. I'd forgotten how much I hate it. It's annoying. I barely finished it. That leaves only TWO out of her five that I like to do. This makes my wait for STS all that much more urgent!!!! :D

A burpee is like a squat thrust I suppose. You squat, jump back into plank, then immediately jump to your squat again, then jump up. HTH!!

The Kettlebell Goddess workouts have no music. Just Andrea Du Cane, Kristann Heinz, and Nicole Du Cane, who are all RKC, showing perfect form and taking you through the workouts. There's not a lot of banter either. In fact, there's no banter. A lot of people don't like this DVD for that reason. I'm not a person who needs spiffy sets, playful banter, coordinated outfit, or even music to workout, so this doesn't bother me. I love this DVD because of the seriousness of the work. The workouts are solid, well-presented kettlebell workouts, and that's all I was looking for. Andrea is very comfortable in front of the camera, and her voice is pleasant. Her form is also impeccable. I learn more just watching her than I could learn from most of the other kettlebell DVD's I have. HTH!!

Carol
:)

Drizzly Friday!

Hi Deb, Rhonda, Carol and any later posters--

This morning I did cackle and shriek (60 Min.)--aka Leslie's 4 Fast and Firm miles, where she neglected to provide the music only option.

I remember burpees from p.e. in school as being identical to squat thrusts.

Are you a Baltimore Orioles fan, Rhonda? For me it's the Red Sox. DH and I have thought about flying into Baltimore to see a Red Sox game against the Orioles (easier to get tickets there than in Fenway), and then seeing some old friends who live in Baltimore.

I agree with you Deb about Lauren's music--not very upbeat. But I need some music. One of the things I really love about 4ds and Christi's Dance Fit, too, is the music. Leslie's music has improved immensely, although she still does that "Everybody!" when she is doing her "boosted walking" thing. Did you ever decide what to tell your hairdresser?

I guess I will check Youtube for the STS link.

I want to see Tropic Thunder. It looks hilarious from the clips and trailer I have seen.

Off to Jacob's Pillow tomorrow--another ballet company.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.