Pentagenarians+ It's the Weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good afternoon!

Not sure if anyone is going to be around this weekend... We were very busy today and this is the first time I have sat down and looked at the computer. Errands and housework..:confused: no workout for me today as this is my "rest" day...yeah right..I would rather workout!

How is everyone doing? any exciting things going on?

Carol: thanks for the little weight lifter guy! I love him~

Deb

fabulous weekend weather here

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, Lala, Carol, Rhonda, and Kathy--

This morning (Sunday) I did Christi Taylor's Dance Fit (70 min.).

On Friday they fixed my lights in my new office. The lights turn on triggered by a motion sensor. If you are quietly reading, they turn off, so you have to prove you are alive every now and then. Anyway, it turns out that they had crossed my wires with the office next door, and every time I moved in my office, the lights next door would be on. If the faculty member who is going to be in his office had been around, he would have triggered my lights to go on. It reminded me of that ad where the husband keeps asking his (totally inattentive) wife "What's this switch for? On...Off....on...off!" and you cut to this poor woman with her garage door slamming up and down on her car.

Went to Jacob's Pillow yesterday for Stockholm 59 degrees north (that's their longitude--or is it latitude?--in Stockholm I guess). Excellent--although the final piece, titled Castrati, was about the barbaric custom of castrating boy sopranos to prevent the development of vocal chords in the 17th-early 19th centuries. A little kinky, but beautiful music (Vivaldi), and believe me, the gorgeous male dancers did not look castrated---more like an abundance of testosterone on the stage.

Lovely weather for a change here--i.e., no rain. Lovely birthday dinner for FIL yesterday evening, too. Is it only my MIL, or do women in their 70s (she is 78), despite being superb cooks, housekeepers, gardeners, feel called upon ALWAYS to demur when offered a compliment, or even worse, try to call attention to these nonexistent flaws in their cooking--"Oh, my cake is too dry this time! Did I overcook the lamb chops--again? I didn't have time to make an hors d'oeuvre, so this Brie will have to do. Sorry!"

Josie--what can we do to cheer you on? Maybe if Kathy shows up, you can commiserate one another over an empty nest.

Still opening boxes here. Lovely surprise though--new keyboards and very large new computer screens.

:DYeah!! Deb and I have matching avatars!! :D

Today was a rest day for me, at least as far workouts go. We took the past two years' DVD's of band shows over for our friends to watch. Their daughter is a freshman at the same school where Nicole is now a senior, and both the girls are in band. Samantha is a bit scared of the whole thing, so we thought it would help if she watched the past shows. Her parents were both in band in high school, and they were simply blown away by the shows. Hopefully it helped Samantha realize that all that hard work the past two weeks at band camp is for a reason!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Carol
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.