Pentagenarians ++..It's Tuesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

No workout for me today...Last night my Dad had to use his medic alert because he was having trouble breathing...they called me at 2:30 to let me know they were sending the EMT's to his house..and most likely taking him to the emergency room...I spoke with his wife who was waiting for them to come.. I am waiting for a call with an update..

Yesterday I when I left work, I went right to the vet to get some special food for Keegan..The little guy has struvite crystals in his urine and we are trying to figure out what is causing this...the vet had him on anti-biotics for 10 days treating as a UTI, and re-checked the urine yesterday, still crystals..he said he has never seen a puppy be so resistant to anti-biotics. Now we have him on a special food that "acidifies the urine"...? to regulate the PH or something....poor little guy...I have had bladder infections over the years and I know how they are! :confused:

Carol:
Good for you for getting that workout in early! I love how that feels at the end of the day, when you know it is behind you.

Garance:
So sorry about your BFF's nephew..That place for the wedding sounds lovely! I will also have to do modifications for push ups for STS...and I am a little annoyed at the 1RM instructions...and the tool in the Workout Manager doesn't always work right...I agree with you...there is nothing that can be so unique that it would take this long to make these workouts...

Lala:
Our dog club has a member that is a tester for Therapy Dogs International and we have held testing sessions at our club frequently..I love helping with those! Greyhounds are so gentle they make great therapy dogs! Which "Grace" outdoor do you have?

Linny:
So glad to hear from you! It sounds like you have had some problems with DH and DS..sorry to hear about the diagnosis..I am sending you ((HUGS)) hoping you can get this identified and under control. Did you order STS? My friend with Parkinson's is pretty advanced..she is in a wheelchair and can hardly speak..so sad...

Rhonda: Hope you are doing ok.

Have a great day ladies!

Deb

Last edited:
Tired Tuesday

Hi Deb, Linny (yes!), Carol, Lala, and any later posters--

This morning I had to drag myself out of bed to do Lauren's kettlebell workout. It was raining again and very grey. I just wanted to pull up the covers and sleep.

Sounds like we're having another round of woes--physical, familial, and friends. (((Hugs))) all around. I still wonder at times about Jen.

So happy you are back, Linny. Sorry to hear about your husband and son not getting along. Is this your first husband? Were they living together? Or is this the ongoing conflict between your son and your current husband? Let us know about the rheumatoid arthritis. You haven't mentioned the joint pain before so this seems like a whole new set of issues. I have been trying to get a little out of my exercise rut lately by pulling out an oldie here and there and buying a kettlebell and DVD. Still waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting ad nauseam for STS.

Mt. Hope is not available, apparently, for anything not related to the college (Darn!). It's in the deed as a condition of transfer. So now I am checking out tents on a college field and the Faculty House. If cows were not so unreliable in terms of their odor, we could definitely have the reception here. The views are beautiful, but I wouldn't want to be worrying about my guests' sensitive noses. The wedding isn't until 2010. DS still has to meet her parents at some point in Hong Kong (!).

Deb, let us know about your father. Emergencies always take their toll on nerves. Is little K in pain with his UTI?

Enough of my nattering. ttfn

Good morning!! Today was my HIIT circuit, followed by Ramping Cardio Challenge. Total workout time was 55 minutes.

Linny, I'm sorry you're going through those family issues. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Deb, I'm hoping and praying your dad is all right!!

Garance, send some rain down here please???? We haven't had any in about a month ... :(

Waving HELLO to everyone else!! Have a great day, ladies!!

Carol
:)

Hi Deb,Garance,Carol and those to follow:
Deb: Prayers for your Dad.Thank God for those Medic Alert buttons.They saved many a resident where I use to work.Poor little Keegan,no wonder he has to pee all the time.I hope he doesn't end up with kidney stones,push the fluids.
Actually my DS is living with my 1st husband(alcohol problems).He has been living with him for a little over a year. I did order STS and am anxiously waiting.Looks tougher than I thought,hope they have plenty of modifications.:p. I have a patient with P.D. and some days his speech is wonderful than the next its so garbled that you can not understand a thing he says.So Sad.Prayers for your friend.
Garance:No rain here today.It was high 60's,yesterday was about 90(weird).Yep,you're right its the 1st husband.Its a money issue.He tells DS don't worry about rent pay me next week than he goes on a alcohol binge and forgets all about telling him this.I think alcohol its killing all his brain cells.
Too bad about Mt Hope,I had to laugh about your comment regarding about unpredictable cows.You could always have future DIL throw a cow patty instead of a bouquet.:eek:
Regarding arthritis,I never had joint pain until this new disorder of Raynauds disease.I had an occcasional joint twinge but thats about it.Now my index finger on left hand has pain with any pressure and sometimes aches.I have read that a high Rheumatoid Factor can be one of many diseases(Lupus,bacterial or viral infection,cancer ,ect;) I so hope its just an infection and can be treated with antibiotics.
Carol: Sounds like you are another energizer bunny.Josie is another,where is that girl anyway?
Josie:Where are you??
Hi to Rhonda and LaLa1
Have a good night ladies~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.