Pentagenarians + It's Thursday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Wow again no workout for me...I am getting so lazy, I have to give myself a big kick in the "you know what "and stop this trend. I think I goes along with the bad eating..and all the sugar I am consuming.

Question for the day..not fitness related"

Well I go for a haircut this evening and I want to try a different style. However, I am never happy with anything when it has to do with my hair...so I have to ask:...Do you love your hair? Has it changed since the "Big M"? Have you used the same stylist for years and don't know how to tell her you don't like anything she does?

Carol:
You and Garance are tempting me big time with these Jari Love workout reviews...I am so disappointed in the time it has taken for STS. I said I would not get another workout after I pre-orderd it and have since bought KB's and a new DVD to go with it.. now I want something else. I really wanted a heavy weight workout, similar to S&H..that is why I orderd STS..
I see you do some running and plyo jacks in your HIIT...I can run but can no longer jump around...any ideas on subs for squat thrusts? Lauren does these in her KB workout and there is no way I am trying those!..I do the mountain climbers one leg at a time real slow!..Thank for the snacking wake up!

Garance:
You are right about Little K ruling. The whole household revolves around him and his " habbits" good and bad!:D...I like your suggestion about writing down the food again...it was when I did my best in the weight challenge!..yeah for sons and SO's coming to see you this w/e...I bet you will have a great time and knowing you, you will cook something fabulous!
Do you do the squat thrusts in Lauren's DVD? If not, do you sub with somthing?..

Rhonda:
You have a bird? what kind and how old? I have a parrot that is about 27 years old...LOL on your dentist comment...my DH is a dentist and he hears this all the time...kind of gives him a complex sometimes!:D..I would love to team up on the clean eating challenge...how do you want to do it?..I was thinking the same thing about STS...no having to decide on what workout to do...oh well, here we sit and wait month after month...:confused:

LaLa1
How do you feel? I think I waited at least 8 weeks before trying to lift weights again, and then went really light..and no core or ab work...Be careful!

Have a great day ladies!

Deb ;)

Deb, the running is only for 30 seconds, and I do it on my rebounder. The plyos and jacks are also only for 30 seconds, but I do those on the floor. This little bit of impact doesn't seem to bother me. I hate squat thrusts almost as much as burpees!!! :p Actually, I think burpees might be a good sub for squat thrusts, although I think both are equally challenging.

This morning was Athena, a 25 minute kettlebell workout from The Kettlebell Goddess DVD, followed by Leslie Sansone's WATP 2 mile walk. Total workout time 55 minutes.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Carol
:)

Kettlebell Thursday

Hi Deb, Carol, Rhonda, Lala and any later posters--

This morning I did my one kettlebell DVD--Lauren (45 min.).

Deb, I have always been unhappy with my hair. It's very fine and thin, and since menopause, it seems to be even thinner and finer. I have to set it everyday, and in this constantly humid weather, it doesn't take much to turn it into cotton candy. I wear it up in a chignon to keep it from its flyaway nature, and I have blonde highlights. I'm always looking for something to give it body, but nothing ultimately works. I forgot to mention that site where I bought the dresses. It's bodenusa.com. I bought the easy chic dress and the vintage tieback dress, the first in the cranberry background, and the second in black with the pansies. They have a really good sizing conversion and you can also check the garment measurements. I've had good luck with them. I might buy a jacket later, too. Yeah--I am really tired of waiting for STS, too. After all this waiting and build-up, I wonder if it will really meet the expectations or if it's just a lot of hype over another conventional weight workout. Enough grouching!

I am really with both of you (Deb and Carol) on those squat thrusts. I do a rather botched job of them and many fewer than Lauren. I end up panting anyway, so I figure there is some value.

Rhonda, you sound like a perpetual motion machine! Wasn't it last summer that you were tearing through old files and cleaning like a whirling dervish?

Take care, Lala!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.