Pentagenarians +..It's Thursday!

Good morning!! Last evening was Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps. This evening I will attempt Firepower, a kettlebell workout led by the YUMMY Anthony ... :D I haven't yet tried this one.

We have an all-day meeting at work so I probably won't have time to post online. Wishing all of you a FANTASTIC day!!!

Carol
:)

I'm back!

Hi again...

Well I did Lauren's KB sculpting workout this morning...got to the last round before the core work and had to stop...this one really gets the heart rate up! I'm afraid to even look at the cardio one! :eek: I like the core part..short and to the point!

Carol:
I love the little guy with the weights as your avatar......how did you get that? How was the Gym Style workout yesterday?

Garance:
Wow...I give you high ^^'s for getting through that 4DS upper body pre-mix! I should try that one..I hear you on the rain thing...it's over the top! This has been a pretty bad summer for weather.

Linny:
Welcome back! We missed you girl!:)..so sorry to hear about your medical problem! Could this be linked to the hives?..I guess from your post about the job hunt, you have given up on the current place.. At least you know with your skills, you should be able to find another job. What happened with the last place that you were considering going back to?

Rhonda:
It seems like this disease is more common than I knew. Now Linny has someone to get some support from that has been there.. not that we don;t support her, but to be able to talk with someone that has the experience is so much better...What did you eat at the party that you believe made you and DH sick? What about calling the hostess? ...how do I check out my resolution..

Hello to LaLa2, Josie Kathy S...and anyone I missed!

Have a great day!

Deb

Big cardio day

Hi Deb, Linny, Carol, Josie, Rhonda, Lala, and Kathy--

I did the all step premix on 4ds (57 min.). Phew!! I was really sweating up a storm on this one. I have never done this premix before and was surprised that it was so much more intense than each of the routines when done alone.

Carol, let us know how that kettlebell workout is for you. Deb and I have just started with the kettlebell, and we are doing the Lauren DVD.

Deb--do you do the short or the long workout with Lauren? I agree totally on the heartrate going up. I was surprised by this from just previewing it. It's very different from the usual weight workout.

Ahhh--Linny, so sorry to hear you have yet another medical issue. What exactly is Raynaud's disease? From what Rhonda said, it sounds like it may be related to your hives. Cold temps seem to be the problem for both of you. I agree with Deb--you two can be your own little support group.

I think I can start unpacking my office today. I went to pick up my key yesterday and while I was there watched my red chair wheeled by, on its way to my new office. The new drama is office-envy. Our department secretary is really unhappy with the special treatment given to the History dept--which seems to be the result of our Dean of Faculty being a member of the History dept and the one who decided which floor would go to which dept. Their offices are much bigger, much airier (more glass), and up on the third floor they have views of the mountains. I'm just happy to get this move over with. I did quickly get a gorgeous seminar room for one of my classes by asking for it from the registrar.

ttfn

Hi Ladies:
Deb:How's Keegan and Kelsey? Hope they are becoming best friends.That Lauren KB workout sounds pretty tough.Does Cathe's STS use kettlebells?
I did call administrator of old job the otheer day and she called me right back,she sounded very happy to hear from me.The only jobs they have avaiable right now are 3-11 or 11-7 every weekend(No thanks).They are in the process of building another facility and it should be open in the spring.
Carol: I agree with Deb"love that little weight-lifting guy".
Rhonda: How Long have you been diagnosed with Raynauds?I have to go for labs on monday,if not Raynauds I have to see a neurologist. I read that birth control pills can bring on attacks so I took myself off.Keep those fingers warm.
Garance:Rain,rain go away.....! I feel likeI'm going to start growing mold:confused:Sounds like you've been getting in some great workouts.Raynauds disease is a rare blood disorder that effects blood vessels causing them to constrict.Usually stress or cold will bring on an attack.Severe cases can result in sores or necrotic tissue,due to lack of circulation to fingers.Enough about my problems. So glad your office is almost ready,how did the unpacking go today?
Hi to Kathy,LaLa and Josie
~Linny~

Yea Thursday, but as I write this it's *almost* Friday! My DH is taking a day off tomorrow, so it s/b nice. Another walk for me today :). Saw my surgeon and he said it looks like things are healing nicely, although he didn't seem so keen on my walking intensity :(. I really do need to take care. Tonight starts the school thing with a student athlete meeting. Summer is sooo short!

Deb, sounds like a good workout. Now who is Lauren??!!

Carol, don't you just LOVE GS? Can't wait to get back to those...slowly, of course ;)

Garance, you'll have to catch me up on the office move thing. But happy for you that you have lots of windows and that you got a good seminar room!

Linny and Rhonda, It seems like my BIL has Reynauds. They don't really talk much about it. He and my sister live in FL and he pretty much refuses to go any more north than that during the winter!!

Hi to Kathy and Josie, looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for not checking in. It has been a rough July and now August.

My 89 year old grandmother died on Wednesday, but she started with a stroke on July 31st and now I'm getting ready to take my DD to college and my son in on deployment.

I feel lonely! I have not been able to work out consistently because I'm a bit depressed. I know that things will get better, but right now I'm out or sorts.

I will not be checking in here very often, but I will be back when I feel better.

Thank you ladies for all of the support that you have given me in the past.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.