Pentagenarians + It's Hump DAy!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

No workout for me today, the Little K got me up at 2:20 and I did not get back to bed until 3:00...so the alarm was turned off!

I need a clean eating intervention! I have been snacking at work with sugar laden things from the vending machine! I almost do this in a trance and don;t realize I have done it until they are gone! what to do??

Carol:
Wow that HIIT workout sounds hard! I would never make it through it!:eek:

Garance:
Have to check out those dresses! Is the site Boden.com? Were these the wrap dresses? Is this the site that you have to send in all your measurements?...Yes the Murad has become my HG for skin care! I love the way it feels, I want to slather it on but I restrain myself because of the price! I was outbid on one of my Ebay bids for it, ( I set a price that I will pay including shipping and I won;t bid over that)..hopefully I will get the other one. Now if I could only find a foundation that I like as well.

Linny: We miss you! What is going on with your job? Please post and let us know how you are doing?

Josie: where are you? is everythink ok?

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Good morning!!! I did Jari Love's Ripped to the Core this morning. The entire thing. For the first time EVER!!! I also added creatine to my workout drink this AM, for the first time. Um ... can we say HUGE DIFFERENCE???? Oh yeah!!! :D:D

Carol
:)

Pretty day at last!

Hi to Deb and Carol and any later posters--

This morning I did the double step cardio on 4ds again (57 min.).

Deb--so now it's Little K and Big K? Love it--although it sounds like Little K rules. Have you seen any difference in your skin since using the essential-C renewal complex yet? I really love that stuff--silky. And you really don't need much. Maybe you should go back to writing down all of your food again and that will stop you from the snack-sabotage.

Carol, I read your HIIT routine from yesterday. Yikes!! How can you keep track of the time? Even more important, how can you do it? I got tired just reading it. I do Jari Love's Get Chiseled and Ripped every now and then. Is Ripped to the Core harder? I find her a little silly-solemn in her occasional pronouncements--"The secret to success is getting started." But I try to ignore her.

Anyone watching the Olympics here? Michael Phelps is just plain phenomenal.

Sounds like both sons and fiancee are coming home this weekend. Busy!

Where art thou, Linny! Deb and I both miss you. Josie--hope you are not too sad about your daughter off to college on this side of the continent.

ttfn

Garance, I use a stop watch to track the time. The entire thing takes me 22 minutes. I have tended to avoid HIIT like the plague, and I know how important it is to my training, so I finally decided to stop acting like a big baby and just DO IT!! :D I chose the things I really need to work on, and that way I knew I would stick to it. Since the running and plyos/jacks are only 30 seconds, I also knew that little bit of impact would not hurt me. The burpees are actually more difficult than any of it. I don't know what it is about those things, but they are SO challenging for me.

Jari does get a bit silly with her "carb it up" stuff, but her workouts thoroughly kick my behind. I'm finding it nice and challenging to do them right now, which is good. I think it's good to switch things up every few weeks or so. Ripped to the Core is all compound exercises - squats with front raises, overhead presses with step ups, and things like that. I think it's more difficult because of that. And she's moving too fast to lift heavy, but I still feel the work because of the number of reps. RTTC and R&C are my two favorites. I threw in Slim & Lean to have a third one for the week.

I cannot STAND the original Ripped because of a certain background exerciser who, IMHO, is not inspiring in the least. She just gets on my last nerve to the point I cannot even do the workout. Ripped 1000 is a circuit workout, and right now I'm not up to having an hour long circuit in my rotation.

Deb, STOP SNACKING!!!! :D:p

Carol
:)

Potting Plants and Cleaning Bird Cage........

Been repotting plants...focusing on the Orchids, which are not looking well. Also sanitizing bird cage and cleaning up from the daughters. The bird cage is 7 feet tall and takes up a good part of my kitchen. But Squeakerman is worth it.

Tomorrow I may strip a floor..who knows? Work starts in 6 days. It may prove easier than this.

Went to the dentist yesterday. Have to get a cerac replaced with a cap. So will spend my last day of freedom, Monday, at the dentist. Could find a lot of better ways to spend time and money. Hopefully my dental insurance will cover a big part of it.

Been staying up late watching the Olympics. Go Michael Phelps...go. Since I live just south of Baltimore, there has been major happiness here.

Deb: I have been eating to much junk food also. Been trying to get control, but it is not pretty. Very stressed about new job and everything I want to get done before Tuesday. Lets team up on maintaining good eating habits.

Going to National Baseball game tomorrow night. That should be fun and give me a chance to sit and have a knitting frenzy.

Going downstairs to do a yoga workout and then 30 minutes on a stationary bike. Yesterday did High Step Challenge. Even though I am not eating right, I am still exercising. Wish Cathe's new weight workout would come out. My muscles could use a shock. Also, would give me three months of pre-programmed weight workouts...no decision making.

Regards to all,

Rhonda

Hi all! I´ve been keeping up with my walking :). I have to remind myself that my body needs to heal. Yesterday I did a walk/jog and today can hardly walk down the steps!! It has been so long since I´ve jogged :confused:.

I love HIIT workouts: you get a lot done in a little time!

Rhonda, I´m a teacher, too. What do you teach?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.