Pentagenarians & Beyond: ++The Weekend!++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

Well the dogs got me up at 3:00 to go outside. I did that, then left them downstairs to "fend for themselves" and went back to bed. DH got up around 5:30 and I slept until 7:00! I needed the rest.

No workout for me today as this is my rest day. My cousin is an Erie County Legislature (sp) and she gets sworn in this morning so I am headed off to that. Otherwise, no plans yet for the rest of the weekend other than "House Max".

Jen:
You are such a nice Mom to give "the kids" a night out!

Garance:
Which workouts did you get? I never had a Firm barbell. I may use my Troy Lite at first ( 5 lbs) but I think it is too long too. The Timesavers on Ebay that are cheap are used. If you want, I could bid on one for you and it I get it, have it shipped to you and you could send me a check. Just let me know. Like Linny said, Amazon also has the Timesaver, both new and used..

Linny:
Sorry to hear about your computer problems! There is nothing worse than trying to do your job without good equipment. x( .

p.s anyone thinking of buying the slanted risers that Cathe is now selling? ( see Blog update)

Have a great weekend!

Deb :)

Hi Deb and later posters--

Today is my day off as well, so I cleaned house. I may go snowshoeing later if DH gives me a call.

Deb, that's really kind of you. Let me check Amazon first about the Timesaver, since there I am not persona non grata. Let's see--I sent for Leslie Sansone's 4 mile walk because it received such good reviews and the music sounds good--or at least much better than her 5 miler. I sent for a circuit routine from Patrick Goudeau, a new Petra Kolber step tape, and a weight workout with Jari Love. I cannot remember which one. I'll have to check the blog on those slanted risers, but why not just lower one side of your step?

Linny, I had a friend who saw flashing lights and her problem was a detached retina. The Kingdom has Jamie Fox and Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, and another actor who is really good, but I cannot remember his name. You are in New Hampshire, aren't you? How's the political excitement there? While cleaning, I leave on MSNBC, and it sounds pretty intense.

Watched Sicko last night--another Netflix. Boy is that an eye-opener on our healthcare system compared to everyone else.

Next Saturday, dinner with Jhumpa Lahiri, author of The Namesake and a collection of short stories. She's here for a reading.

The rest of the weekend looks very quiet for me--a welcome change.

Hi Ladies:
Deb: I'll have to check the blog about the slanted risers. Sounds like something I'd fall off and kill myself. But I'll check.Glad to hear that you got caught up on your sleep.
Garance: My phone is constantly ringing with political calls. Have alot of political supporters knocking on the door. Can't wait till primary's are over. I have heard of detached retinas with flashing lights. I haven't had any more problems since that night but I think I will schedule a opthalmologist appt. My eyesight has been declining pretty quickly.
I am still waiting for my new car. They called today and because of all the snow storms in the west some bridges were non passable.My DH bought me a car starter for Christmas and it was suppose to be installed this coming tuesday,I guess that won't be happening. I've been waiting since the beginning of Nov.:(
Oh Well whats ya going do?
Tonight going to do Mexican with a few friends. I love Mexican food! Especially gucacmole.Have a great night ladies~Linny~

Happy Saturday, All,

My exercise for today was walking, walking, more walking, oh, and did I mention walking?

I slept late this morning after getting home quite late last night after baby-sitting. Today we met my DD and family for brunch, then sent DH and SIL home with the grandbabies while DD and I went to Toys 'R Us to register the grandbabies' wish lists for their birthdays. The store wouldn't give us both a scanner (they only have one), so we had to go throughout the store and register for the 1-year-old, then do it again for the soon-to-be 3-year old. I walked for about 3 hours getting all that done. I also purchased the presents from me and DH for the 1-year-old's party on Feb. 9, plus some clothes for DS' grandbaby due later this month. Tomorrow, I really hope to ''hide out'' and do Walk the Walk by Leslie Sansone, plus a Classical Stretch - Pain Relief.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Jen

Good Afternoon!

I did get up early today ( 5:40) and did 4DS Legs only. I had to go to our dog club and do Canine Good Citizen testing. I love doing this stuff! Anyway I am back now and get to do stuff around the house before the week starts.

I am drooling over some of the pictures in the Clean Eating magazine. I hear that you can download the recipies but I don;t know where to go yet for them.

Garance:
I hope you are enjoying your quiet weekend! We all need these once in a while.

Linny:
I agree about the slanted risers! They also seem expensive for what they are. You can just take one or two out of one side and get the same thing! I am going to save the money and put it towards the STS series. Too bad about your car..you have been waiting for so
long!;( I love Mexican food too!

Jen:
I didn;t realize that people were now registering for birthdays! That makes it easier for people like me with no kids or grandkids to pick out something that at least you know they would want.

Have a great day and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Deb

Hi Deb, Jen, Linny--

Today I did 4ds Kickbox with legs and abs (71 min.). Yesterday afternoon, I also went snowshoeing for 90 min. It was perfect--about 35 degrees, still, and the snow was still fluffy. We walked through our woods to the pond, and it was just beautiful. Since we were out there from 4-5:30, it gradually turned to dusk--that blue time of the day. DH was hilarious--demonstrating how wonderful his wool pants were in shedding snow, he did an angel in the snow. I had to point out to him that if he did the legs as well as the arms, it turns into a full circle with a head. So he did just the wings the second time. Today it is warming up, so it would not have been so good.

I bought the Timesaver DVD from a seller at Amazon for 28 dollars. Sounds like it has been barely used, and the seller has a good rating.

I looked at the slanted risers, and I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. It also says you have to buy two of them. This really doesn't make sense to me unless you want to turn your step into a slide or teeter-totter. Sheesh--anything to make a buck I guess. Or--maybe I'm missing something.

Quiet Sunday--nice! Hope all is well with everyone.

Hi Fellow Pentagenerians:
Deb:Is the Clean-Eating magazine done by the same author of The Eat-Clean Diet? Had my Mexican food fix last night:) Margarita,Nachos, and Chimis Oh My! I was totally surprised that scale wasn't up this morning.
Jen: You are such a good Grammy.I never thought of registering for presents,hmmmm...
Garance:Boy you are quite the bundle of energy this weekend. Snow-shoeing sounds like fun. DH and I try to go snow skiing a few times but I'm notable this year due to my "cold hives":-(
I'm am hoping my car comes in tomorrow so I don't miss my car starter installation on tuesday. Hope you all have a great night!~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.