Pentagenarians & Beyond:::The Weekend:::

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Afternoon!

I did not start the thread earlier as we took a "road trip" to visit my father and I just got back.

Garance:
Don't you love the 4DS Kickbox & leg workout? I use this one because I feel like I get double work done in a little over an hour with core too! That core work is so unique. I got my shoes from Zappos yesterday. I too have to stop ordering so much on line.. too easy for sure. I have still not won the Kerastase stuff yet on Ebay. It's gotten to be a challenge for me now. }( A friend of mine let us the DVD "Night at the Museum". I may try to get DH to watch it with me, however that may be difficult. He is not a TV person.

Jen:
You are not stupid! The Larabars seem sweet to me.. you may feel differently. A lot of people over on the Open forum love them! What is good about them is that they are all natural, fruit and nuts. I keep them in my desk at work and in my tote bag in case I am stuck somewhere with nothing to eat, so I don;t get fast food etc. Like in an airport.

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Hi Deb and any other weekend posters--

Today was my day off, so I cleaned house and I am now at my office, typing up study questions for next week and my annual activity report for the Dean of Faculty.

I received my dress from Myshape.com yesterday. I tried it on and asked DH what he thought. It's a red wrap dress. He LOVED it and insisted I wear it when we go out New Year's! It is very nice to get such a strong reaction. I was somewhat disappointed, though, because I thought it might work as a dress for teaching, but it is clearly too bright and sexy. I won't get to wear it as much as I had hoped. Very comfortable, though.

What shoes did you get from Zappos, Deb? I still have my gift certificate to use.

Question for everyone: does your DH have a favorite body part or parts on you?? Legs? Breasts? Butt? (my DH likes my shoulders and my butt)

Hi,

These are the shoes I got from Zappos. I got these to go with a nice black pantsuit I have for work functions.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7260551/c/3.html

Can you post a link to the dress? I like wrap dresses and a nice dressy one in black or a bright color is good to have for a quick dress up or a wedding etc. DH does not favor any body parts in particular...I guess you can say he likes them all;-)

Deb

Happy Weekend, All,

Cute shoes, Deb!

Garance, my husband is a boob man - he always insists he was attracted to my eyes first, but I have my doubts, as I am rather well-endowed!

Also, I forgot to answer your earlier question - yep, a Hurricane is a lethal drink - goes down smoothly but packs a punch - it's several kinds of rum and several kinds of fruit juices.

I have a pretty bad cold, so just couldn't muster up the energy to exercise after work yesterday. I'm working today as well - we'll see how it goes when I get home.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

P.S. Deb, I keep forgetting to ask you - I see the 3fatchicks ticker on your signature - I love their web site, but every time I try to click on something there, the search takes forever, and sometimes gets hung up. Do you have that problem?

Hi Deb and Jen--

I did LIS today with the shoulders, calves, and core. I just about have mastered the step routine--a little trouble on the third one. I like this whole routine. I will try the HIS with the weight work tomorrow, but lower my step to 4 inches. This is the one everybody seems to have trouble with.

Deb, there's not really a link to the dress, but if you go to myshape.com and look at the first page of the M shape, it's right there, and on sale. I love those shoes in the bordeaux. Not sure I could wear them from the reviews describing pinched toes, though. I have a small bunion on my left foot that would probably scream at me.

Sorry about the cold, Jen. I have been so fortunate this winter--no colds. I wonder if it's because I have exhausted all of the rhinoviruses around. Age has to have some benefits. Maybe you could kill the cold with a couple of those Hurricanes. Sounds like the rum punches my roommate and I would make in grad school for parties. We would get a buzz on every night as we "tested" for the right formula of rum with various other things.

DH was funny last night when I mentioned my question about body parts. He says it's not the butt, but the outside curve and the two little dimples above the buttocks that he likes. He likes my shoulders because they are very cut from all my Cathe work. He calls me his brown-eyed girl--we like to dance to that song.

Good Afternoon!

I just sat down at the computer after doing errands, cleaning, laundry and taking the tree down! I am exhausted.. oh and I did 4DS Kickbox & Legs this morning too. Now to rest..

Jen:
I actually never go on to the 3 fat chicks site. I went there to get the tracker. Is it good?

Garance:
I will pop over and look at that dress. I also like the shoes in the Bordeaux color, but figured I would have more things to wear the black with. Your DH sounds like a real romantic guy!

Have a great "rest of the weekend".. I am working until 3:00 tomorrow, then off Tuesday.

Deb;-)

Hi Ladies: Long time no hear. I'm going to try and be better about posting now that the holidays are pretty much over. I have to start buckling down with the working out and eating better. My daughter bought The Clean-eating cookbook for me, I'll have to start reading it.
My DH bought me a scale for Christmas, I didn't know if I should be insulted and hit him over the head with it. But I'm the one that always talking about losing weight so.... This scale supposedly measures bodyfat and hydration.
Deb: Cute shoes! I also have tried to download 3fatchick ticker and wasn't able to. My DH is a Boob and Butt man.(I've got plenty of both right now).
Garance: I just checked out MyShape.com, they have some cute stuff. I'm very partial to wrap styles, I think they are very flattering on most bodystyles. I bet you'll be one hot mama with your red wrap New Years eve.
Jen: So sorry to hear you have a cold. I hope you can ring in the new year cold free. ~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.