Pentagenarians & Beyond: ((The Weekend!))

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

It's the weekend and the last chance to get those last minute gifts, ingredients for making scrumptous food. It's also a nightmare out there! The traffic is at a standstill, people in parking lots are not nice . I went to buy DH something yesterday and I could not wait to get home.

Josie:
Thank you for posting that! Have a great vacation and a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Garance:
I may go over to that site again and try to see what I would fit into etc. With Zappos, it really is never the size that makes me send them back, but how they look when I put them on. I really want to try that ciment. If I don;t win the one I am bidding on now, I will probably go to the site and order it.

Jen:
You sound like you are heavily into the last minute Christmas rush of things to do. DH and I go to others houses for Christmas Eve and Christmas day so we make things and bring them over. My stress is Thanksgiving.. I am so glad it is over!

Have a wonderful day..and try to relax!;-)

Deb

Hi Deb and all--if any--later posters--

Today is my off day, so I cleaned house and got beds made for my returning sons. I will go grocery shopping later today and stock up for their ravenous appetites.

Good luck, Jen, on getting some exercise in tomorrow. It sounds like you are really busy. I am fairly relaxed. We will go out for dinner tomorrow night, and all I am making for Christmas Eve dinner is scalloped potatoes to go with a ham my DH is baking. He also bought the kahlua cheesecake for dessert and we'll have a big salad and another vegetable and that's it, so I am not worried.

Thanks Josie for the Christmas wishes.

Enjoy the weekend, ladies!

I actually managed to exercise yesterday! We went to DD's house yesterday morning for Christmas gifts and dinner. DS and family were also there. It was chaos with a 2-year-old, 1-year-old, and 10-month-old, but everyone had lots of fun, although naps were severely messed up, and crankiness ensued during the last hour.

DH and I got home around 3:30, went out immediately to do weekly grocery shopping, came home, and I did Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step while DH mowed the yard. I took a shower, got all ready to relax, and DS and family came over, saying ''We're bored.'' We had just spent the day with them! Oh, well I'm glad they actually want to spend time with their parents/in-laws.

Today, I'm planning to do Power Circuit with 6.5-pound weights. Starting tomorrow, 8-pounders, woo-hoo!

The weather here is gorgeous - low this morning was 32, expected high is 56, and not a cloud in the sky.

Enjoy this holiday weekend,

Jen

Good Morning!

Today I did a new I-Tread called "Armed & Dangerous". It is supposed to be a circuit workout using the treadmill and weights for 45 minutes, alternating between the two. All I can say is, "yawn". The weight work is pretty sad, very high reps, with 3 lb dumbells and a body bar. I guess if I do it again, I will do every other rep and use heavier weights. I will also up my speed on the treadmill.

The weather here today is scary.. in the 40's with very high winds. Things are blowing off houses, like wreaths etc.

Garance:
You will love this.. DH is having a hard time figuring out what to get me for Christmas, so I told him to buy me a couple of pairs of shoes that I have in "my favorites" on Zappos. He says great idea, just order them and I will pay for them. I went on to order 2 pair that I have wanted for a while, and they don;t have my size x( . I think it will be a Cathe gift certificate now. Your ham dinner sounds lovely. :9

Jen:
Good for you on the excercising! A little at a time and you will be back in full swing.. I am so jealous of your weather.

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.