Pentagenarians & Beyond: The Weekend!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Afternoon!

Sorry I did not start the thread this am... DH and I got off to an early start as we had a lot of errands to do.

Garance:

Let me know which shoes you got for your party.. I am a shoe junkie and I think you are too! LOL;-) I looked up the brand name but there were so many styles. I am glad you liked the Make Up Alley site. I use it all the time before I buy any new hair or make up products. I am going to see if I can get that Keratase product on Ebay. It sounds amazing for all hair types. I blow dry and flat iron my hair twice a week, so I will try anything that will protect it from the heat damage. Your party must have been wonderful.. with servers even :D

Jen:
I was telling my DH about how you were having a hard time finding an immunologist. He suggested contacting the medical school ( said there is a good, Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, ). He said you can get the best advice from them in any medical field. Usually they are affiliated with a teaching hospital. Did you see Garance's post from the Friday thread on the hair treatment stuff from Keratase? It has rave reviews in Make Up Alley site. see link below:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=89966/Ciment_Thermique/Kerastase/Treatments

Well I am going to run for now.. I may BBL ...

Deb:)

Hi Deb--

It's Onex Kandy. I bought them in gold, but I am tempted to get another pair--maybe in black--because they were so comfortable and the right height of heel.

Happy Weekend, All,

Thanks Garance, and Deb, I did see your post. I've been to the Makeup Alley site and like it a lot - I'll check out the brand you mentioned.

Deb, I'm familiar with Baylor, and will check with them next. Most of my doctors use Methodist, in fact, several of them used to be with Baylor but like the way Methodist runs things better, so I was trying to keep all my eggs in one basket, but that looks like it won't work. Tell your husband thanks for the info.

I had to work unexpectedly very late yesterday, so didn't exercise last night. Today, we drove to see my mother-in-law. She's in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. It's a 90-minute drive each way. Yesterday was her birthday, so we stopped to pick up my daughter and grandsons. After we all visited MIL, we stopped by to see my husband's sister and her husband, who live near the nursing home. Now I'm at my daughter's house, babysitting. She and her husband went to a Christmas party. The kids were invited and there is a bonfire, but they've been in the car basically all day, and it's supposed to get below freezing tonight with a stiff wind. I didn't want the babies out in that, so no exercise DVD today, but I've gotten plenty aerobic chasing around the 2-year-old!

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Good Morning!

Today I did S&H Legs & Shoulders. I will be doing a straight week with the S&H workouts as is, since I am off this week and can spend a little more time working out.

We are getting hit really badly with the snow, freezing rain etc. Some churches even cancelled their services this morning. DH and I decided to make a pot roast in the crock pot while putting up the tree today. We can;t go anywhere so this is a good way to stay warm!

Jen:
I sure hope you are able to get someone to help. Your babysitting sounds like a workout to me! (coming from someone who had not had kid and has not done babysitting since I was in my twenties!)

Have a great day.

Deb;-)

Gosh, it is windy here. The electricity is blinking...Hopefully, I will get to finish this post.

It has been a bizarre weekend. My husband's office cleaner quit and for the job he has been doing and the expense, he decided that we would do it ourselves for awhile.....just came home from janitorial duty.. this is a hell of a way to bond with one's DH.....I am now entitled to buy yarn for an extra sweater.

Went shopping before the ice storm was supposed to happen....Thank goodness it missed us.

Five more days until winter break....My daughters come in on Thursday and Friday....

Everybody should take care and stay warm.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.