Pentagenarians & Beyond: ++Wednesday++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning!

I decided to take a rest day today and not do my usual treadmill workout. I did something to my knee while sitting for so long at the computer last night.. I don;t want to push it.

Jen:
your workout strategy is and interesting one..at least you are using all your DVD's. I seem to go to the same ones over and over.. some I forget I have. Like the Gym STyles I am doing now. I have not done them since 2006. I keep all the workout sheets so I know what weight to use the next time and they are dated. What new ones did you order from Collage? I will be going to Dallas 2 weeks from now. what do you think the weather will be like? I know you are in Houston but its still Texas!

Garance:
Thanks for the info on the movie. I don;t think it would be something I would like to see, although it is nominated for an Oscar.

Josie:
How old is your DD? Peanut & cricket! so cute :)

Linny:
Sorry to hear the job is not working out. Maybe the nursing home one would be better. I worked midnight to 8 for a while in late 70's and it takes some getting used to! If you are in a house that has no one around during the day, you can sleep while everone else is at work, then be up with them when they come home, and off to work you go at 11 pm or midnight. If you have a house where there are people around all day, it is much harder to get the sleep you need. I used to get out of work at 8:00 am, was home by 8:15 and asleep by 8:30! Up around 2-400pm to eat (breakfast!), then I did things with family etc until 11:30 pm...sometimes I took an evening nap..the weekends are harder though because you are trying to be on everyone else's schedule and you really can't!

Have a great day and stay warm!

Deb;-)

Happy Wednesday, All,

Deb, from Collage I ordered Reach by Kari Anderson, Fat Burning Fusion by Ellen Barrett, and 2 by Tanja Djelevic: Cardio BalanceBall, and Cardio Toning Fusion. Ellen and Tanja are new to me.

Today is my day off, but Little Peanut and the Whirling Dervish will be here any minute. Their mommy is having her well-woman checkup, so I'm keeping them. I'm guzzling down my third cup of coffee so I'll be adequately caffeinated!

Josie, Little Cricket - how cute is that? I bet that is a mighty sweet noise he makes.

Linny, my DH is also self-employed, but in home repair, not construction, so his job is not as affected by the economy. I bet it's really scary in the construction field right now. One good thing about living in the swamp is the constant need to replace rotten wood!

Must go get dressed quickly!
Jen

Hi Ladies,

Today I will be spinning and abs. My lower abs are getting so weak and it is affecting my back. I can feel it when I run.

Deb, my DD is 17 and won't turn 18 until October. I'm already missing her and she has not even left. I though that it would be easier because I already experienced this when my son left 7 years ago.

Jen, you are not kidding about the things the little ones do that meke you smile and love them even more.

Lynny, sorry to hear about your job, but things will get better, just wait and see.

Josie

Hi Deb, Jen, Josie, and Linny--

This morning I did Jari Love's Chiseled and Ripped (a little over 60 min.). Deb, I need to correct what I told you. There are no premixes on this, and I don't know why I thought there were. The chaptering, though, is excellent, with pauses between each exercise, so even the time starts over again, and each unit is about 3.5-4 min.

Linny, Atonement shouldn't have a happy ending if it is faithful to the novel.

Sounds like grandchildren are fun. I wonder when or if my sons will settle down. They still seem to be enjoying the bachelors' life and are too absorbed in advancing in their careers. But they are young--about to turn 26 and 24.

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies:
Today I was suppose to have a mtg with my manager and director regarding productivity and time management. I had told my manager last week that DH and I were getting tired of the 12 hr shifts. I was outside the directors office,waiting for my meeting and working on my computer.I overheard director giving another nurse a hard time about her productivity and sounded like nurse was getting pretty upset.I've heard from other nurses that the director wants you in and out of home ASAP and some nurses are afraid of putting all of they time in because they don't want to get yelled at. I quess I'll see what happens tomorrow because she had to reschedule because my manager had to do some visits.
Deb: I did work 3rd shift for 8 yrs. I did have some rough days(nausea) when I didn't get all my sleep. But working nights there was alot less stress. I use to sleep 9-1:30pm pick up my son at school then go back to sleep at 8 to 10p. I know that people that work 3rd shift have a shorter life span but I feel if I keep going this way with stress I'll have a shorter life anyway.I hope you put some ice on that knee and try a ace wrap.Good luck.
Jen: DH does a just about everything from roofing,renovations,framing,from the ground up. Just dosen't seem like people on the east coast are doing much right now. Have a great time with your GS's.
Josie: Sounds like you'll have the empty nest syndrome soon. Better get a hobby.
Garance: I've done bits and pieces of Jari Love's dvds. She's pretty strong for a wee bitty thing.You're right about Atonement I quess it was faithful to novel. Have a great night~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.