Pentagenarians & Beyond: Wednesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

hope everyone had a nice & quiet New Year's Day. Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread. The darn dogs got me up at 3:45. . Well it's back to work today. At least it's a short week.

Garance:
It sounds like you are really getting into the 4DS series! It is pretty good ( except for all that darn step LOL). Your NYE dinner sounds great and very healthy. ( we won;t count the Manhattens!lol) You are one lucky lady... going to work at 11:00!! I am jealous. It is funny that you mention Regis & Kelly. I used to tape and watch that every day. When Dancing with the Stars came on, and I started taping that along with All My Children, it was just too much TV to watch for me so I cut out Regis & Kelly. I like the way they interact, and it was the only way I learned anything about what was going on in the Enterntainment world.

Linny:
You had a nice relaxing evening for NYE too! On the morning workout, could you get at 5:00 to work out if you keep the workouts around 50 minutes? would that leave enough time to shower, eat etc?

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen, and any other posters who show up--

I did the 4ds Kickbox with the legwork and abs. This is a little long (71 min.), but I guess if you had to shorten it, you could either just do the kickbox (30 min.), the kickbox and legwork (approx. 60 min.). I just think this abs routine is one of her best. I really, really feel it when she is targeting either the lower abs with those leg pushes in and out, or the upper abs when you are lying flat and reaching, or that one where you do sit ups with a couple punches.

I'm going to cycle through 4ds again, beginning with LIS tomorrow. The thing is, I had just received 4ds before I left for Oxford, and when I got back I was injured, and then injured again, so now I feel up to them, and I like to get my money's worth. I like step, and I want to master these, and the only way to do that is to be pretty repetitive.

Hey Linny, you are lucky to have good Chinese. We have one extremely lousy Chinese restaurant in town--but we have a good Thai restaurant, and an Asian fusion restaurant, too. Both of them serve great sushi.

DH and I are partied OUT. We both looked at each other last night and sighed with relief. It's just that we had three consecutive evenings out, I guess. Fun, but somehow it just screws me up. I cannot remember what day of the week it is. At least it was an early party (4-7), so I rented La Vie en Rose (biopic of Edith Piaf), while my husband watched some football. The film was pretty good, but all biopics seem the same to me in some ways.

Watched this guy on the Today show this morning who said you could get in shape with three 20-minute workouts per week. I was in a hurry to shower, so I didn't catch it all, but I'll go to their website and check it out. Sounds too good to be true.

Cold and snowy here. Hope it lasts til Friday when I have some time for snowshoeing.

Happy Wednesday, All,

Deb and all, I'm going to try the getting-up-early thing Friday. I was off for New Year's, and am off tomorrow for working last Sunday. I knew this morning that I would have lots of time this evening to work out because I can stay up late even if a grandbaby shows up, and tomorrow I can work out during the day. It will be hard Friday, but the dread factor may be worse than the actual thing.

Yesterday I did Pyramid Lower Body - I was glad when it was over, it seemed pretty boring. This evening, I'm doing Christi's 7002 Step, and a Classical Stretch - Posture.

Linny, yes, I got a flu shot this year, and last year I got a pneumonia shot that's supposed to last 10 years, so I hope this will be nothing more than a cold. I feel a little better today.

I imagine most of you read the thread about BSN Lean Dessert protein powder on the Open Forum. I bought some and it's actually good! I have tried countless brands of protein powder, and couldn't stand any of them, so I am excited about this.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Ladies:
Another late night here. I'm starting to get worn down.Tonite I kept seeing flashing lights on my L side, I thought someone had a flashlight and turning it on and off. My husband thought I was nuts,because he didn't see anything.Well I think I figured it out.Started getting a headache and took blood pressure 160/100. Took some aleve andfeel alittle better.I think I was having an aura before migraine.Hope thats all it was.
Deb:OMG! Up at 3:45am!I think I would have turned over and stuck in my ear plugs.I do try to get up at 5:30am,I know 5am would be better but its tough going if I can't go to bed till after 10:30pm.
Garance: Maybe one of these days I'll get enough courage to try sushi.I know quite a few people who love it.I like the idea of 20 minute workouts. Then I could get up even later:)
Jen: Glad you are feeling better. I will have to check out the open forum about this BSN Lean dessert.Thanks for the info.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.