Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/12

fox2star

Cathlete
Happy Easter all!

We had my nieces and their families for brunch today. All bad, bad food, oh maybe the fruit salad was good for you food!

The kids liked their gifts, especially the singing rabbit and duck...

I hope everyone had a good day..see you in the am..:D

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

I did disk 16 yesterday for chest, shoulders, and triceps (64 min.), and really pushed on the weights. So I am feeling sore today. This morning I did Gay Gasper's All-Out Infused Step (63 min.).

Very cold Easter--or maybe "brisk." Only went up into the low 40s. April had her calf yesterday morning, and now only Mary is still pregnant.

We had a lovely Easter brunch with sil, bil, and 3 nieces. Would have liked to see my sons, but they won't be here until Mother's Day. I didn't eat any Easter candy. I'm just not that into sweets.

Hope all of you did some exercise this weekend!

Hi Ladies,

I did my spinning class and yoga on sturday and spinning on Sunday. I'm sore today from yoga, but It feel good. I'm not sure what I want to do today, I will figure it out by the time I get home.

My weekedn was great! I got to see my gs's and my parents and a couple of my db's.
We celebrated my dm 71st birthday.

Have a great evening. Have to get back to work.

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter.My DH's daughter and boyfriend came over and we had a nice quiet day.My youngest DS was going to come over because he had a fight with girlfriend and he would have been home alone for holiday.But she changed her mind at last minute and they had to go out and buy ham and the fixings and had meal at home.He wants her to move out but everytime they talk about it she starts to cry.He said Sunday morning she kicked a hole in bedroom door and when he went in there was a knife on the chair.He asked if she plannned on stabbing him,she said no but she just gets upset.I wish she would just leave,I feel very nervous with her being there.
On a good note my DD found her wedding dress saturday.She looked beautiful in it.
Deb: I was very bad also yesterday.Between the wine and chocolate:eek:
I started the Atkins diet today,I have to make this work.Today I didn't have any problem with it.
Garance: Good Job with the no candy.I made sure I ate it all to get it out of the house.
Josie:Boy,I still wish I had your energy.~Linny~

Tuesday

Good Morning!

Not much going on around here...the weather is still cold, it's 39 degrees right now. I can't wait to be able to sit or work in the yard. When will spring get here?

Garance you are doing so well with STS...I wish I didn't like candy..or anything with sugar...:confused:..how do you like the Olay stuff?

Josie, sounds like you had a nice weekend...your Mom is 71? Do you see her often?

Linny, we are "2 peas in a pod" as they say..I love candy and I thought the same thing yesterday..."I better eat this stuff so there is none around to eat"....:rolleyes:..your DS's girlfriend sounds like she is having some sort of breakdown. Does she have family he can call on to help? Does he own the house? If not, maybe he should move out..

Joan, I hope you are almost done, or as close to it as possible!

Have a great day!

This morning I did disk 17 for legs (48 min.). I am improving on the paper plate exercises--heavier weights and much lower slides. I really do think these workouts are having an impact. I work up quite a sweat on them, even though it's not cardio.

Deb, the eye cream seems very light and absorbs easily, but I don't really see much change. Same ol' same ol' crow's feet. Unfortunately, Shakespeare had to be wrong about Cleopatra: "Age cannot wither her, / Nor custom stale her infinite variety." I'm not yet in the stale and withered condition, but slowly getting there.

My blood work came back and it was excellent. I also had a new test: Cardio Risk something. It came back 0.14, which I guess was great. I will have to look it up. Apparently if it's bad, my doctor would have recommended some drug that has the side effect of making you feel achy. Since I have enough aches and pains, I'm glad it was good.

Linny, is the crazy girlfriend that older woman one of your sons is seeing? Or is this the son who was living with his father and was kicked out? I would definitely be worried if she starts brandishing a knife. Good for you on the Atkins! Maybe it's just what you need to give you a fast start.

Hi to Josie and Joan!

Hi Ladies,

Today I will be walking for 90 minutes. It is cloudy but nice out today the beach should be nice and cool.

My DD got her new car this weekend, she got a Pontiac G6 2 door. My DH got her a very good deal.

Deb, I see my DM & DD at least once per month, but we talk to each other 4-5 times per week. My DD is still working, but will retire next month. He is a truck driver.

Garance and Deb, I have been using the ANEW products from Avon for years and me and my DM love them. My DM still has beautiful skin, so I have nothing to worry about as long as I keep using them.

Linny, How are you? I'm sending you some energy.

Hi Joan!

Josie

Gooad afternoon all,

I'm all done with personal returns I still have a corporate return to do tonight and some payroll taxes. Tomorrow I will look at my return so I can figure out how much to pay with my extension.

Thursday will be back to normal-Assuming I wake up sometime on Thursday. I may just sleep until Friday.

Joan

Ove the Hump!

Good Morning,

It is only Wednesday? This week is dragging for sure. I think we need some warn spring weather to get me moving.

Garance, I think the eye cream works temporarily. I can see it sort of smoothing right when I put it on. Maybe it is made to fill crevices! ;)..Then by the end of the day, they look about the same. You have only had it a few weeks though, so maybe it will work better after a bit. Nice news on the blood work. :D

Josie, which Anew product do you use? I am a skin product junkie and will try everything!

Joan, I say sleep until you wake up..no matter what day it is! You deserve the rest!:D

Linny, I hope you are having a "calm" week at work, with no fights etc..

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies,

I will be spinning for 45 minutes and then yoga for 1 hour. My friend and I decided to do yoga twice per week.

Deb, My DM uses Utimate day age repair cream with spf 25 and the Ultimate eye cream.
They are both on sale for $49.99 on their campaign 9 book. I have been using their Advance all in one moisturizer for years it has spf 15 and I have never had a sun burn even during my marathon days. I will be buying their Alternative intensive age treatment and the eye cream also on sale now and their Anew Age-transfroming foundation. I love these products and if you don't like them you can get your money back.

Joan, I agree with Deb. Sleep until you have to.

Linny, Where are you?

Garance, What STS dvd did you use this morning?

Josie

This morning I did 5 miles with Leslie, including 5 2-minute jogging intervals (63 min.).

Josie, I did disk 17 yesterday for legs. I really think this second mesocycle has a good effect on my sleep. I did not wake up even once last night, and slept straight through from 10:30 to 6:00. Tomorrow is disk 18 for back and bis. I am doing a 6 month STS rotation, so I will repeat 16, 17, and 18 next week.

The extended blood work I did is called a "Cardiovascular Risk Panel." It's meant to ascertain inflammation even if cholesterol is good, which mine is because the HDL is much larger than the LDL.

Did you watch DWTS elimination last night, Deb? I think it was definitely time for Steve-o to get the heave-ho.

Joan, you should do whatever it takes to de-stress, and if that is hibernation, so be it.

How's the Atkins diet going, Linny? I know you like to cook, and I just have to tell you, Ina Garten's (aka Barefoot Contessa) Back to Basics is absolutely wonderful! Everything I have made from it has been easy and sooooo good. Just made her roasted potato and leek soup and DH said it was the best soup he has ever had. Problem: Ina looks like she enjoys her food a bit too much and I don't want to look like Ina. She goes a bit too heavy on the butter in her shrimp scampi, and loves her kosher salt.

Thursday

Good Morning,

Josie, thanks for the info on the Anew creams etc. I will be looking into them for sure!

Garance, You are doing so well with STS...WTG! I watched DWTS results last night and was glad to see Steve-O go! There are a lot of them that can go right now...I thought Gilles and Cheryl got a terrible song to do the Jive to, that is why they did not stay on top...it was a bit frantic like Len said but what else could they do with that music? I think they should be able to pick their own songs.

Joan, I hope you are sleeping in!

Linny, how is the Atkins going? where are you?

Have a great day!

Good morning Deb, Garance, Josie and Linny,

I just got up.

I did do Low Impact circuit yesterday. I may try to do rest of sts 8-12 . I still plan to start over with sts the week of May 3. I'm going to try a three months of watching diet and trying to follow rotation faithfully.

I leave for vacation Tuesday the 21st and will get back late Tuesday the 28th.

Joan

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie and Joan--

This morning I did disk 18 for back and bis (60 min.). I have muscle soreness NOW. I am using my woody bands for pullups from the floor. I am doing 45 lb. barbell rows and I am using 15 lb. dumbbells and a 30 lb barbell for curls. This is more than I usually have used in the past. I think my woody band technique--I sit on the floor and literally pull myself up to standing--is really working because I managed to do one pull up on my bar.

It's so beautiful here today, and it sounds like tomorrow as well. Even if I haven't lost any weight, I always feel lighter after removing some of those heavy winter clothes.

I agree with you Deb on that awful song for Gilles and Cheryl. I still think they are the best, though.

Joan, you definitely deserve a vacation after tax season is over. DH does our return and he always gets a bit cranky. But he's the one with the complicated business.

Josie, I just use retin-a at night. I don't have any big wrinkles or any age spots, but I do have crow's feet around my eyes. I keep looking for a good eye cream.

Hope all is well with you, Linny!

Hi Ladies,

I will be walking for 90 minutes tonight. It is also very beautiful here today, the last couple of days it has been cold and windy.

Garance, I don't have crows feet yet because of my oily skin, but I do have light age spots on my cheeks and that is from my years of marathoning. My DM does not have age spots even at her age. I cover them up with yellow concealer and Jane Airedale powder foundation. Before the age spots came up I used to just use blush and nothing else. I miss those days!

Linny, How are you doing with the Atkins diet. I had a co-worker that was on it and it was so restricted the I could not be able to ever do that one. She also went overboard with it and she looked anorexic.

Deb, Have you gotten over your vacation? It is always hard to get back on track after a vacation.

Joan, I'm glad that you got some rest.

Have a great evening!

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Sorry haven't posted last couple of days.I've been feeling tired and stressed with all the demands of work.Seems like everyday something is added to my plate. Some of the nurses are idiots and I feel like I'm constantly chasing them to do their work.I figured out my hours today and since I started in January I have worked 43 hrs overtime.Of course its unpaid due to being salary.:(
Deb: Atkins working pretty well right now.I've lost 4 pds so far.This weekend will be a big test though.I can't have popcorn at movie theater,I'm going to freak. So happy tomorrow is friday though!!!
Garance:You must be getting pretty buff with all that STS you're doing. That potato and leek soup sounds good but I can't have potatoes(too many carbs).
Josie:I don't think I'll ever look anorexic,30 pds less would be nice.We are suppose to have temps in the 70's tomorrow.Wish I could skip work.
JoanC:This sounds like a well deserved vacation with all the work you did this tax season.Have Fun!!
~Linny~

Finally Friday!

Good Morning Fellow Penta +'s!

It's supposed to be warmer and sunny today so I am looking forward to that. Our dog club has an Agility trial this weekend, I will be working at it all day tomorrow. I wanted to sleep in a bit but that will not be possible. Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Joan, you should sleep until you can't any more! STS 8-12...are you saying you are doing 4 workouts in a day???:eek:...Yay for vacation, you certainly deserve it!

Garance, are you thinking of pre-ordering the pull up tower? Do you use the Retin A every night? I have some, keep forgetting to use it. I have so much stuff it's terrible.

Josie, I found the Avon stuff really cheap on Ebay...I got the Ultimate Day cream and the Night cream for $34.50, including shipping. Have you ever gotten stuff from Ebay? Let me know if you want something...I can get it for you and have it shipped to you directly...No, not gotten back to normal yet..I am not sure if it was the vacation. I am in a total workout slump right now. It's a mental thing, not physical,

Linny, it sounds like they need more help there or better help! Can you work on getting other nurses? Do you have disipline procedures? I hope the Atkins works for you. it is too restrictive for me..I love carbs!

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

I'm still on old schedule staying up late but now sleeping in.:D

Deb I meant between now and May 3 when I was home doing the balance of the first meso cycle.

It's amazing all the things I let slide for the last 3 months. I got my haircut yesterday. I have a picture of Jamie Lee Curtis I take in for them to cut my hair. (That's the only thing about me that looks like her.)

Today I will probably clean house. Yesterdays wo was mowing the neighbors yard. I was surprised how many calories I burned mowing but raking burned a lot more.

Linny, great work on the diet. You're better than me I always eat under stress.

Hi Garance and Josie

Joan

Hi Ladies,

Happy Friday! No workout for me today. Tomorrow is spinning and yoga and Sunday spinning only. My DH and I are going to the Conga Room with 3 other couples. It should be fun and an extra wo for me.

Deb, Thank you for your offer. I get my Avon from my sil, so I'm helping her. Regarding my wo, I'm still not doing weight training. I plan to clean my garage now that the weather is nicer and start on Monday. I plan on doing the 4 day split weights only. I have been in a slump also.

Joan, I also have very short hair and have been wearing it like that for 30 years.

Linny, You need to talk to someone regarding your overtine hours. It is not fair!

Garance, Are you and your DH still taking dance lesons?

Josie

This morning I did Kelly C-M's Kickbox (53 min.). My biceps are really sore from STS, and once again, I slept through the whole night without waking even once. I am sure it's how heavy I am lifting on mesocycle 2.

No, Deb, I am not preordering that tower. I think I will wait and see what the reviews are like. Currently I am pulling myself up from a seated position with those woody bands and doing one (!) real pullup.

Good for you on the Atkins diet, Linny! Sometimes all that is needed is a jumpstart that knocks the weight off. I had good success with South Beach a few years ago, but didn't stay on it long enough. I would miss my movie popcorn, too. We are going to see State of Play this weekend. I love a good thriller, and this one has received some very good reviews. I also love Helen Mirren.

Josie, I HAD oily skin and the occasional breakout well into my 50s, but the skin around my eyes was never very oily. I wish the retin-a worked there as well as it does on my forehead and neck. No, DH and I haven't been dancing since the end of January. He's a workaholic and right now it's hard for me to get him even off the farm for a few hours because of all the new calves. One more birth to go, and man is she BIG!!

Joan, you must wear your hair very short if it's like Jamie Lee Curtis. My hair is too fine to wear that short, and my face is very round, so I need some waves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.