Pentagenarians & Beyond! W/B 3/22

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

All chores and errands completed yesterday, now still doing houseMax. I did CLX Burn Circuit 1 this morning. The weather is so so...still cold and the sun has gone away.

Linny, it sounds like you need a lot more help at your job! Were people off on vacation or did they call in sick? We had Mexican yesterday too...it's a weekly requirement for my DH. Is your DH in real estate? or is he a contractor for a realtor?

Garance, Josie, Joan, you must be having a busy weekend!

BB tomorrwo, or I may check in a little later to see what is up with you all!;)

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I repeated disk 10 and did 14 min. of the stability ball abs (70 min. total). My arms and shoulders are really fried on this one.

I went to see Duplicity yesterday. Very well done and Julia Roberts is so good. They had to stop the film at one point because it was stuck in the projector and burning. It took awhile to get going again, so the film was running late. About 10 really stupid people came in and saw the ending of the film because they didn't want to wait for the next showing. It ruins the whole film to see the ending first. Duh!

The weather here is very cold and doesn't sound like it will warm up until the end of the week.

Hey Deb, how is your new skin stuff working? Hasn't it been almost 28 days since you started?

Poor Linny! It sounds like another intense job experience, and you have definitely had your share.

Hi to Josie and Joan!

It's Monday...Again!

Morning all,

No workout today, tired again. I sure hope this week in Mexico gets my body back to where it should be. I will be bringing workout clothes and my MP3 player to use on the treadmill, but otherwise should be getting some rest.

Did everyone get the e-mail from Cathe about the new series pre-order? I have decided not to get it, at least for now! I hope all the hype doesn't change my mind. I would like the Travel workout, for obvious reasons, but otherwise, her cardio is not for me.

Garance, will you be pre-ordering? She said filming will take 6 months!! That could mean another year of waiting. NOT! I didn't think that movie houses used actual reel film any longer..I thought it was all digital?Regarding the new Olay stuff, I like the eye cream, and may replace that when it runs out, but I would get it on Ebay, because it is not worth $40+. It has caffine in it, and the reviews say that is what makes the crowfeet wrinkles appear to be less. Let me know if you want to try it, and how much you want to spend...I think I can get it on Ebay and have it shipped to you directly.

Joan, Josie, Linny, I hope your weekend went well!

This morning I did 5 miles with Leslie (63 min.).

I will order the new cardio the end of this week--I want it to go on my next month's credit card so I don't have to pay for it until May. I wish Cathe would have one exerciser who does modifications--the way Kelly C-M does. That would make it even better for me. I simply cannot do all that wild jumping anymore. I also have to make a lot of modifications on the disks for legs because of knee issues.

Deb, I am definitely in the market for a new eye cream. I have been using the essential-c eye cream from Murad, but I don't think it makes a crow's foot's worth of difference in my fine lines. Just let me know what you pay for it on ebay, and pm me with your address, and I will do the same. I hope your upcoming vacation is just the charge you need to get over general weariness. Do they even make Geritol anymore? Maybe you have "tired blood."

I couldn't believe my ears this morning. I think I have mentioned that I am a Sylvia Plath scholar. So I am driving to the meeting with academic presses listening to NPR and the BBC reporter says that her son, Nicholas, committed suicide yesterday. Plath committed suicide in 1963 when Nicholas was barely a year old. I thought he was the one person in the whole story that had somehow managed to break free from this long, tragic saga. (His father Ted Hughes was having an affair with another woman when Plath killed herself, and 6 years later this woman killed herself AND her daughter by Hughes. Hughes then told his mother, and she died 2 weeks later from a heart attack.) Unlike his sister, he did not seek publicity and had a career as a marine biologist in Alaska. He was really handsome. How sad. I am now getting tons of e-mails from former students who worked with me on Plath and Hughes.

Hi to Linny, Josie, and Joan--where are you guys??

Hi everyone,

Last week was crazy and today was worse. Everyone must realize they need to get taxes in - March 28 is my deadline. I have 84 more to come in with 50 in I still have to complete.

I just read other forum about new series. I'm not sure I would do all wo but I would like travel one. Or maybe that's wishful thinking I probably only plan to wo and leave it in the suitcase.

Tomorrow is the big day. Dh has meeting with vp of company about his cutbacks. We'll see if they really just want to outsource or if they will give him a chance to make product cheaper.

Back to work.

Joan

Hi Ladies:
Another late one tonite.Worked 8am to 6pm,no lunch no break.These 10 hour days kill me,it wouldn't be so bad if I could take a break. We had 2 admissions one after another so it was pretty crazy.The unit they were admitted on has started renovations,so the hallways were full of beds and patients belongings.What a mess!
Deb:How long till Mexico? Today would have been a nice day to be there.It was low 20's when I went to work.BRRRRR! I'm not sure about new Cathe dvd,I'll have to check it out.
Garance: I did hear about Nicholas Plath today and thought thats the author Garance teaches.I didn't realize what a tragic life that family had,thats so sad.
JoanC: Good luck to your DH tomorrow.Sounds like you're really winding down on those tax returns:D
Josie: How are you doing?
My DD told me she plans on getting married this October and wants to look at wedding gowns this coming weekend.Sounds like fun!!
Have a great night~Linny~

It's Tuesday!

Good Morning all,

Another night on the couch...what do I do when we are in Mexico? go on the terrace? ugh...he claims that I snored the night before and kept him awake, :rolleyes:...whatever.

Garance, I am surprised that you are getting into another loong pre-order thing after the STS wait. I also think it would be a good idea for her to have someone in the crew doing modified impact. There are a lot of people asking for this over at the new forum. Cathe has to know that there are a lot of people that just can't do that high impact any longer for a variety of reasons. Very sad story about Sylvia Path's son, and the whole past family. I did not watch DWTS yet from last night, will watch tonight hopefully.

Joan, :eek:...you must be very tired, just think, after one more week you may be done!! Sending you ((HUGS)) regarding DG's job situation. Hope it works out ok.

Linny, how can they expect you to not take even one break? Can you at least take comp time at the end of the week? We leave Friday morning at 6:00 am:eek:, flying through Atlanta. Was the news about your DD a surprise? Sounds like you will have a wedding to plan this summer.

Hi to Josie..

Have a good one!

Hi Ladies,

I had a nice weekend with my DS and DG. That kid loves rollercoasters (he calls them collarosters). He is not afraid of anything and wanted to get on all of them, but he is to short still.

I did not get work out at all this weekend because I had to drive them both to San Diego, so I ended up on my butt on Sunday. Today I will be walking with my friend for 90 mimutes.

Joan, I'm glad the end is in sight for you.

Deb, I hope that you have a restful vacation and come back re-energized. My DH and I are planning on a vacation to NY from May 14 through the 18th. We just want to hang out and check out the new jazz clubs and maybe catch a Broadway show or two. My DH is a banker and you know that he has been under a lot of stress.

Garance, I think that I also need some Geritol.

Linny, Are they planning on hiring another person to help you out? You need to take your lunch time at least. If you continue like this you might need to go out on stress leave.

Have to get back to work.

Josie

This morning I did disk 11 for the second time (54 min.).

Deb, maybe I'm kidding myself, but I don't think the wait on this one will be as long, since it's only 11 disks. I did add my voice to the chorus asking for a modifier. I usually come up with my own modifications for her workouts, but I really like to see one exerciser doing something easier as a model.

Linny, my DS is getting married on October 15 in Phuket, Thailand. Only her family from Hong Kong and on this side, my younger son and I will be attending. DH says it's the busiest time of the year for him and does not want to go. I think I will make it a week-long vacation with son in a 5 star resort and do some sightseeing. I think the whole idea is zany, but my new dil has her own ideas and it's her wedding. You need to have a break at some point in your job. I just plain think it's against the law. Is there anyone you can complain to??

Josie, maybe your grandson will feel differently after one time on a roller coaster. When one of my sons kept nagging me to go on one in Wildwood with him, I finally did and felt totally dizzy for the rest of the day. I don't think he was all that thrilled--or at least he stopped nagging me to go with him.

Joan, sounds like mayhem for you. Hope your husband can save those jobs for here.

It's Hump Day Ladies!

Good Morning,

I had a good night's sleep, but did not work out. I think the stress of getting ready for this trip is what is doing this to me. Deep down I am not a traveler, even though I travel a lot for business etc. It does not help that work is crazy right now too, and getting ready to be off for more than a week is hard.

Josie, your weekend sounds like fun. I loved roller coasters when younger, not sure if I would go on one now! I always wanted to go to NY and just hang out for a long weekend. It's so close and cheap by air, we just never planned it.

Garance, check your PM's. Is this the son that you were looking for a place for a reception for his wedding around your area? I hear Thailand is beautiful.

LInny, I hope you are getting some well deserved rest!:confused:

Joan, it's almost over!;)

Good Morning Ladies,

My walk last night was very nice. It smells like spring and the beach was beautiful.
We are walking again this evening because I have a black tie affair to go to tomorrow.

Garance. My GS has gotten on several roller coasters that he barely made the height.
He just loves them.

Linny, How are your? Are you getting enough rest, how is your bp?

Deb, I also hate getting ready for a vacation. There is alway so much to do just before you leave.

Hi Joan!

Josie

This morning I did Kelly C-M's kickbox (53 min.).

Yes, the wedding is in Phuket, Thailand. Because DH and I never go anywhere, I have enough miles for both sons, dil, and myself roundtrip. The wedding is in a resort--Aleenta--and the younger son and I have our own suite, which includes a private pool. Looks great!

I always get nervous before a trip, too, Deb, and worry about preparing for every eventuality. And my last international trip, if you remember, was a disaster. The money in my wallet stolen, probably by the woman who was seated next to me, and a bad fall the evening before I returned so that my knee was a mess. Hence, my qualms.

Share your outfit for the red carpet, Josie! I have never been to a black tie affair. Is it any fun? On the other hand, I lived in NYC, and I'm sure you will have a great time. One restaurant recommendation: Boeuf ala Mode on the upper east side. A very old family-owned French restaurant. They have great prices, too--compared to other classy French restaurants.

Hi to Linny and Joan, the workaholics!

Hi Ladies:
Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in last night.I worked till 4:45pm then ran home threw down some food and had to go to a inservice on wounds till almost 8:30.Makes for a long day.
Deb:Glad to hear you finally got a good night sleep.What are you going to do on vacation with snoring hubby?
Garance:My DD hasn't picked an actual date in October yet.They both love wine and went to a vineyard this past weekend and loved it there.It has a nice function hall and they do weddings there on occasion. Your DH won't be going to DS's wedding? I hope this trip turns out better than that last one.
Josie:I wish they would hire another person to do some of the paperwork there.The other unit manager at least has a charge nurse and nurse on each unit.I only have a nurse on each unit,so alot of the paperwork falls on my shoulders.Hope you have a great time at the black tie affair,tell us what wonderful food they serve. How old is your DGS?
JoanC: Hope you're almost done with those tax returns.Sending tax fairies your way to help;)
~Linny~

Thursday!

Hi all,

I am rushing right now to get ready for work...big stress yesterday, maybe more to come while I am away...between the scare of going down there and what is happening at work, I wish we would have gotten the insurance...I seriously may have condidered cancelling/re-scheduling the trip..

Please keep the thread going, while I am away ok?

Gotta get to work, only working this morning then taking the dogs to our friends who are watching them while we are gone, I have not even gotten the suitcases down from the attic yet....

Have a great week!

This morning I did disk 12 for the second time (54 min.). The bonus floor section on the stability ball is nasty--especially the roll-ins with butt in the air.

Deb, I have only had a few snatches of news about Mexico, but won't you be far away from the border area? I have been to Cancun and Cozumel, and they seemed very safe for tourists. Your post sounded breathless. I will keep the thread going--Promise!

Linny, you sound like you have too much responsibility for one person--and no one to delegate some of your work to. A vineyard sounds like a great place for a wedding. A lot more sensible than a resort in Phuket. I made plane reservations yesterday for my younger son and me and it takes forever to get there and forever to get back. I'm glad he wants to go, though, because there is no way I would do this alone. DH cannot be persuaded because of the date.

Hi to Josie and Joan!

Hi Ladies:
Another night of working late.No as bad as other nights though.MDs don't come in until their offices close and write a bunch of orders.One patient went out to wound center and luckily another nurse stayed to help me put the wound vac back on her abdomen.
Deb:I quess you must be on your way to Mexico.Have a safe trip and don't drink the water:p
Garance:I was telling my DH this morning that maybe I should have gone with my gut feeling and took night shift job.If they had a unit manager before I came maybe things would have been more organized for me.I have been thinking about asking director if I could work on an occasional weekend and take time off during week.That way I can lock myself into the office and get some work done.
This is my DD's first wedding and my DS says I'll be crying like a baby:(.I told him that I'll just be happy that she finally decided to get married to someone:D.She has been engaged 2 other times,and broke them both off. Phuket sounds like a very romantic place for a wedding.What happens in October that your DH can't go?
Josie:How was your black tie event? Tell us all about the food and fun you had.
JoanC:Must be getting down to the nitty gritty of those tax returns.
~Linny~

Hi Linny, Josie, and Joan--

This morning I did AOS Providence (50 min.).

Deb is probably landed by now and languishing in the sun. I hope the trip soothes her. She sounded stressed in her last post and worried about drug cartel violence.

Linny, October is when DH is dealing with an onslaught of wood orders, the slaughter of half of his calves and all of the pigs (15 this year), and working as a soccer referee. I know, though, that he hates travel anyway, unless it's nonstop and short on planes. It sounds like you are stressed, too. In fact, everyone here is stressed and I feel like a lout because I am not stressed AT ALL. Just plugging along on my writing.

I may not post anything tomorrow, because it's my day off. But I will start the thread on Sunday. I am moving into Mesocycle 2. I think I am seeing some improvement in my upper body. Lower body remains the big problem. I just cannot do a lot of Cathe's moves with her intensity or range of motion on the lower body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.