Pentagenarians & Beyond: Thursday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Another I-Train and the 4DS shoulder, calves & core workout today. The dogs got me up at 3:45 to go outside, so I just stayed up and did my workout. Going to Canada again today to visit clients. I'll be in Wooodbridge and Oakville. Hopefully back by 5:30 as I have a hair cut apt then. The menu for today is a little short since I will be on the road all day. Hopefully I will be able to make good choices!

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: Protein shake
B: Cheerios w/strawberries, skim milk

S: WW ice cream bar or almonds

Josie:
I love getting homemade treats as gifts! I don't know how you fit all that baking and running in!

Garance:
I think next week I will pull out that PS series. What are turtle bars? they sound like my favorite candy! Your DH's nog sounds
deadly!}( My hair doesn't break, it just falls out! I lose so much when I wash it that I can;t believe what I pick up in the shower. It is really thick though so I don;t notice the difference at all ( yet!). I usually use Pureology for color treated hair.

Jen:
glad you were able to do that workout.. maybe a little too fast or something that made you sick? Does the AMA have a website that may list members within certain specialties?

Linny:
When do you get the new car? I think that movie would be too violent for me. I would like to see a nice comedy or something.. any suggestions?

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Happy Thursday, All,

It's wonderfully cool in Houston - finally feels like the Christmas season.

Deb, I envy you your thick hair - mine is so fine and thin. It's not a menopause thing, though - it's always been like that.

I finally got a call back from the office of the doctor who won't see me - they ''found'' an immunologist for me - in a town an hour away! Uh, I'm going to have to get a little more desperate before I drive that far in Houston traffic.

I did Power Hour last night, and was nauseous, but no more so than I had been several times during the day when I was sitting still. Today, I plan to do Dance It Off with Jennifer Galardi (I think it's from Prevention).

Ladies, I found the most amazing web site - www.quiethourstoys.com

I clicked on it from someone's blog, and spent money I shouldn't have on my grandchildren, even though I told DH yesterday that I had completely finished Christmas shopping and wouldn't use the credit card for the rest of the year - Hah! I defy anyone to go to that site and not be completely enchanted!

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen and later posters--

This morning I did Gin Miller's Simply Step (63 min.) on a 4 inch step. Very pleased with myself. This is the most aerobics I have done in over two weeks, and it felt okay.

I envy your thick hair too, Deb. Like you, Jen, my hair has always been fine and thin. I found an article in my MORE magazine about "hair repair," and thought I would try one of their recommendations from Kerastase--Ciment Thermique, a "styling cream, heat protector and breakage fighter in one." Found it online, and if you register at kerastase.com, they give you free shipping and free samples. It was 34 dollars, and I thought it might be worth it. I will let you know.

Turtle bars are very much like the candy, but they have a brown sugar, flour, and butter underlying crust, a layer of whole pecans, baked with a brown sugar and butter melted and boiled syrup, and then topped with milk chocolate chips when they come out of the oven. Made my lemon curd bars this morning. That's enough baking for me. I'm making my Chinese pork dumplings tomorrow, DH is making the ham, and the rest is catered.

If you are looking for a comedy, Deb, it sounds like Enchanted or Charlie Wilson's War might be good--Golden Globe nominations this morning.

Snowing hard here at the moment, but it's light, fluffy stuff--very pretty.

Just got my T Is for Trespass yesterday and am devouring it. Love Sue Grafton!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.