Pentagenarians & Beyond: + TGIF ! +

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I got up at 4:00 ( no beeps!) but DH had to get up at 3:30 for a bio break which of course woke the dogs up. I was able to get them to lie back down until 4:00 then we all got up. I did an I-Tread 30 minute workout. We took all the batteries out of the travel alarms that were on the nightstand.. tell me why I have 5 travel alarms there? I use one that is set for 4:30 and has not had to go off in months! The other 4 are just extra ones. They always give them out as "gifts" when you travel to a seminar or meeting. I also have a clock radio alarm that is set for 5:45 for DH. So no beeps today, so I am guessing that the one that was set for 3:30 ( my time to get up when I go to DC for the day) may have been trying to go off or the battery was low or something...

Jen:
Thanks so much for the info on Dallas. If there is anything I hate more it's humidity x( . It will be humid enough in Mexico when I go in 3 weeks. Is the Tamilee Webb workout you did cardio?

Garance:
Please give details on the ballroom dancing! What have you learned so far? The turtlenecks sound nice and comfy! I hope you get your Timesaver soon..have you e-mailed the seller?

Hi to Josie & Linny!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Happy Friday, All,

Garance, I would not be at all happy either. Maybe you can get Amazon to help you out with this? I would think they'd have to have some responsibility since this was advertised on their site.

Deb, yes, Motown Moves is cardio - and it's hilarious. Tammilee is completely different in this one from her usual serious self. It's a great change of pace.

Yesterday, I didn't feel well, and kept getting worse through the day. By the end of the workday, I was having trouble breathing. I went to the urgent care clinic - diagnosis: acute bronchitis. I was prescribed Levaquin and something for cough, and already can breathe better this morning, although not well enough to go to work. If I keep improving at this rate, I should be able to go to work Monday. There will be no exercising until Monday, however - one of the medications, I suspect the one for cough, makes me woozy.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jen

Hi Deb, Jen, Linny, and Josie--

This morning I did LIS with shoulders, calves, and abs from 4ds. I just really like the step routines on this series more and more now that I know them. I love this little hip-hop thing she does in the warm-up and the "Madonna" on the final routine.

Last night was swing dancing--the Lindy with twirls and wraps. DH has to start over every year, because he really doesn't have a good sense of rhythm. What comes naturally for me (e.g., like knowing when to begin on the downbeat) is hard for him. But he really likes it, and the two teachers are great. Next week we review swing and move on to foxtrot, which DH keeps saying he has to learn for weddings. We'll also do cha-cha, waltz, and my favorite, tango. Then we won't dance for another year and start over again I bet.

Deb, I forgot--there really is no core work on the Jari Love. I get in two cores per week with my current rotation from the 4ds.

I still have not received my Timesaver, and yes, I did e-mail the seller on Tuesday asking when I could expect to receive the DVD. NO REPLY! I will ask for my money back if I don't have it by January 29, which is what Amazon recommends.

Take care of yourself, Jen. It sounds like one of those colds that wants to travel through the whole body.

Happy Friday everyone!

Today is my day off. Tomorrow I plan to go to the gym, because it is suppose to rain and I do not feel like running in the rain. It has been raining here since Wednesday and it is expected to last until next Monday.

Deb, what par of Mexico are you visitig?

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.