Pentagenarians & Beyond: It's Tuesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I was up at 3:40 with the little "hellions" again who cannot sleep more than 6 hours any more without having to go outside. I think that it must be because they are getting older. Just like us! LOL:D

Today I did Gym Style Legs, one of the timesaver pre-mixes. I hope it is not as cold as yesterday.

Jen:
How do you pick what workout you are going to do each day? Do you do a split eg, 3 day weights, cardio etc? I have a lot of the older Firm tapes, but they are the original crew.. p.s How is your back?

Garance:
Sounds like you are really enjoying the 4DS series..What was the movie about?

Linny:
are you On Call all the time or is there a published schedule? It got up to 18 degrees here yesterday as the "high" LOL! ;-)

Have a nice day and stay warm!

Deb:)

Happy Tuesday, All,

Deb, my upper back, lower back, and neck are much better - my mid-back is still messed up, but I'm just going to live with it. The physical therapy sessions taught me what exercises to do. I think those plus Classical Stretch tapes will do as much as can be done. Oh, yeah, I bet dropping 20 pounds would help too!

Deb, My DVDs and tapes are in order and I go through the whole cycle before repeating. I don't do weights for the same body parts 2 days in a row, and I try to separate the cardio a little - for example, not doing kickbox 3 days in a row, etc. I also try not to do abs 2 days in a row.

Anytime I buy new DVDs, I usually end up having to rearrange the whole thing! It seems to be very hard to find a place where I can slot them in without messing up my rules. That's why I haven't done my 2 new Kimberly Spreens yet - ahem, don't tell DH, but I recently ordered 4 DVDs from Collage, so I'm waiting until I have all 6 before I rearrange. I don't even remember what all the latest 4 are. I'll post that info tomorrow!

BTW, I never order from Collage unless I order at least 4 DVDs. You get the cheapest shipping deal that way, plus you get to subtract $3 from your total order.

Last night my exercise consisted of keeping 2 of the grandsons entertained. I usually refer to these 2 as Little Peanut and The Whirling Dervish.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen, and Josie--

This morning I did Petra Kolber's Step Moves--New Grooves for the second time. I almost have it down. Definitely Intermediate and not-too-hard choreo. 53 min. Yes, I really like 4ds. My current plan is to cycle 4ds with Kolber, Love tomorrow, Sansone on Thursday, and then go back to LIS.

Linny, Cat's Eye is a Margaret Atwood novel. It's pretty harrowing during the first half because it's about how little girls can be vicious with one another.

Juno is about teen-aged pregnancy. The actress playing Juno (Ellen Page) just got nominated for an Oscar, and the screenwriter Diablo Cody for the script, and the director, and the movie. It's a small indie film. I find it very worrisome in its handling of this issue. Juno goes ahead with the pregnancy, but chooses to give the baby up to a soon-to-be divorced yuppie (Jennifer Garner).

Teaching this afternoon!

I am trying to stay warm, and not entirely succeeding!

Hi Ladies,

It has been a bit cold for us here in LA also, not as bad as the rest of you, but we are not used to it over here.

I will not be working out today. My DH and I have a meeting at our DD's school

I spent the weekend at my DS house in San Diego and had a good time visiting with my two GS's. I also call one of them my little peanut and the new one Alex I will call him my little cricket. That is what he sounds like when he sleeps.

Have a great evening everyone!

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Deb: We do have a published On Call schedule. I just hope if I get called in on 11-7 shift, that means I don't work the next day.I'll have to ask before the time comes. I've been becoming more discouraged with my job. Been thinking of going back to working at nursing home third shift where the stress is less. DH is worried because looks like we're heading for a recession and he is a builder and usually they are the first to be effected. So he isn't to happy about me looking again. It was a little warmer today low 30's,I can deal with that.
Garance: I didn't know they had another Cats Eye. I went and saw Atonement yesterday, I was kind of disappointment with ending.I quess I'm a romantic and like happy endings.
Jen: Chasing after 2 munchkins sounds like quite the workout in itself.
Josie:I watched Ocean ? at Huntington Beach last night on tv. That restaraunt at the end of pier(Ruby's) has the best freench toast I ever ate.It probably was 1000 calories but well worth it.Glad got to visit your GS's~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.