Pentagenarians & Beyond: It's Thursday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I think we have finally solved the dog waking up early problem with taking out all the batteries from the extra travel alarms! I woke up at 4:07 and they were sleeping soundly. I did end up getting up because once I am awake, I usually cannot go back to sleep. I did Pure Strength Back, Biceps & Abs. I really like this weeks workouts, too bad I will be on the road for the next 2 weeks and will most likely only be able to do cardio

Garance:
The weather was crazy here yesterday! all kinds of localized white outs and the wind gusts up to 80 mph! Lots of damage to houses, luckily we had none. Regarding the calories burned, I have a Polar F6 Heart rate monitor that I wear for every workout. I love it! You put in your birthday, weight etc when setting it up. It keeps track of the time and your heart rate all during the workout. AT the end, it gives you how many calories you burned. I keep track of them on my Cathe calendar, so I can see that it is pretty consistent depending on the workout I do. I love the visual of you and your DH practicing the dancing! It reminds me of my parents who used to play around and dance in the kitchen after dinner when we were just kids.

Linny:
It sounds like you had crazy weather too.. did you lose power for any length of time?

Hi to Josie, and Jen!

Have a great day and STAY WARM!

Deb

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen, and Josie--

This morning I did Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim 4 fast miles. About 50 min. I'm going to check on that heart rate monitor thing. Where did you buy it, Deb?

Linny, it may sound like it's only 2 work days per week, but that's just classroom time. I have to get my lectures ready, study and discussion questions, paper-grading, committee meetings, and so on and on. It's just that I have more control of my time than people in other jobs. As a result, I sometimes procrastinate (especially on paper-grading), and I almost never get any of my scholarly writing done during the regular semester. It's just too fragmented. But I would hate a 9-to-5 job I'm sure, and your schedule sounds wicked.

Tonight we learn the foxtrot and review swing. We were getting very good last night, especially to a couple of the faster tunes.

Weather never got as wild here as it did where you are Deb and Linny, but we did have some pretty strong winds.

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen and Garance,

I love to dance, but my DH can only dance disco and salsa and merenge. I love to dance swing and can do it quite well.

Today I will be running and abs. The weather here in LA has been cold for us and a bit windy.

Josie

Happy Thursday, All,

Tuesday, I felt so bad when I got home from work that I went straight to bed. I didn't go to work yesterday. I think that day of rest is what I needed, because I feel almost human today for the first time in over a week. I'm still coughing like crazy and have no energy, but I think I can make it today and tomorrow. I plan to do as little as possible this weekend. Of course, DIL is overdue now, so there's a distinct possibility I'll be spending time at the hospital and/or taking care of their oldest.

I'm not at all feeling the need for anything from Cathe's new equipment line. How about you?

I am pretty intrigued by her next taping after STS. Sounds like it may be mixed martial arts. I think I would really enjoy that.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Evening Ladies:
Deb: Thats great that you solved the waking dog dilemna:) Something as simple as travel clocks. Yep,yesterdays weather was crazy but we were lucky and only had a few second outage.
Garance: I didn't even think about all that paperwork and being prepared for class.Probably is close to working daily,with all that homework.Have fun dancing tonight:D
Josie: When my DH and I did dancing lessons,swing was my favorite too.Stay warm!
Jen: Boy, It seems like you've been sick for some time now.You might be better off not going near the hospital,your resistance is probably down and who knows you might pick up something there.Get well soon!~Linny~

Back Again: I forgot to report that I have a job interview next tuesday. Its at a Rehab facility,working third shift.I know the Director of Nursing and she was excited about the prospect of me working there. I don't have to work weekends and there is a $3000 sign on bonus. The only problem is it being third shift,I remember that there were times I didn't feel very well. So I have to weigh out the mucho stress and extra long days at present job or being sick to my stomach.Decisions,decisions. Help!!~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.