Pentagenarians & Beyond: It's Hump Day!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well the alarm went off this morning and although I could not get back to sleep, there was a huge dread factor thinking about doing that KB workout..just too tired to lift anything this morning....I think it's the heat that is getting to me.

I have a computer type question for anyone here...does anyone know how to get the posts/screen smaller so that when reading posts, you don't have to scroll back and forth? I can put the thread in "printable version", but you lose all colors, smilies etc. It was not like this on the old forum.

Carol:
I am the same on the impact. It's not worth it when it does things to your knees and back!:(...do you have Low Max? That's a pretty good step workout with little if, no impact. I don;t do step any more...Cathe's was too complicated for me, although I have a lot of her step workouts..

LaLa1:
When does "S" start again for you? What kind of dog do you have?

Garance:
I am in agreement with you and getting irritated when I think about STS. I think maybe Cathe took on too much with this one. I know it will be a good series, but it seems this is going a little too far. When do you have to go back to work? I know that it is probably before the students actually have to go back, to get things in order etc

Linny: where are you?

HI to Rhonda, Josie, and any anyone else I missed!

Deb:)

Ah .. I WISH I had the room to do workouts like Low Max, but I have very limited space right now in which to workout. Most of Cathe's step workouts take up more room than I have ... unfortunately ... :( Pretty much all impact is out, unless it's on my rebounder. It's a challenge ... but I deal with it. :D Leslie is always an option, but (and I don't mean to sound nasty here at all!!!) I get so BORED with that so quickly.

This evening will be Gym Styles Back, Shoulders & Biceps. I think this is my favorites of the Gym Styles!!

Carol
:)

Morning Carol,

It's just you and me for now...I will be leaving for work in about 10 minutes..

Deb

Feel like I'm living in the tropics.

Hi Deb, Carol, Lala, Linny (I miss your hives updates!), Kathy, Rhonda, and Josie--

This morning I did the upperbody premix from 4ds (67 min.).

Deb, I wish I could help you on the computer question. I am not having that problem with the new forums, but I can understand how irritating that is.

DH is having so much trouble getting his second-cut hay in. Every day it rains--and sometimes it's a total downpour. I feel like I'm living in the tropics.

Carol: Have you tried Leslie's two recent DVDs? 4 fast miles and 4 fast and firm miles. They are definitely better than some of her old ones. The music is better, the studio is better, and on the 4 fast miles you can turn her off and just do the music. I know what you mean, though--I prefer the challenge of step choreography.

School starts right after Labor Day here. At least this year I won't have any first-year advisees because I will be going on sabbatical in 2009.

ttfn

Hi Ladies:
Sorry haven't posted,busy with trying to find new job and having medical issues. The last couple of months my fingertip pads have been painful. This weekend my index finger turned purple and cold to touch.I did think Raynauds disease and went to see MD yesterday,she thinks I have it too.Great,something else to worry about.Going for blood test monday if negative than I ned to go to neurologist.
Garance:Wow,its seems like you just started vacation and its almost time to go back.It seems like the older we get the quicker time goes:(
Deb:How are Keegan and Kelsey doing?Hoping that the little is letting you get some sleep.
A BIG hello to LaLa,Josie,Kathy,Carol and Rhonda(hope I didn't miss anyone.~Linny~

My husband wants to be a kept man....if he is depending on me he is in big trouble!!!

I have Raynauds in my fingers. All my tests were fine. The Docs think it is from repetitive stress injuries associated with knitting and typing. It is aggravated by cold and stress. I try not to let my fingers get very cold. Usually gets better in the summer. Try to keep my hands out of freezers...have to use gloves.

Daughters coming in this weekend. Going up to PA to celebrate my dear Mother in Law's 90th birthday. This should be fun.

Back to work on August 19th. Excited about going to new school. Trying to take care of all kinds of crazy details around the house and in my life before I go back.....this is not good for my OCD.

Went to a party last Friday night. Unfortuately something was wrong with the food. Both DH and I got really ill on Saturday. Been sick since. Don't know anybody from party well enough to call and ask how they are. Has messed up my exercising and eating. Had been doing really well. Just feeling better today. Hopefully will begin eating properly and exercising with gusto tomorrow. Not exercising makes my aches and pains feel worse.

To get the post screen smaller, you might want to check out your resolution.

Regards,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.