Pentagenarians & Beyond: Happy New Year!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy New Year to all!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy time last night. DH and I had our crab leg dinner which turned out well. He woke up with a terrible cold yesterday morning so he was not in the celebrating mood. I hope he is not in a "generous" mood with this cold! We were both in bed and asleep by 9:30!

I will be doing PUB in a little while. There is a new book a lot of people are talking about called: The New Rules of Lifting for Women" It is supposed to promote heavy lifting for women, says this is better than endurance lifting.. and has some nutrition info that may be good too. I am going to request it from the library to see what it is like.

Garance:
It sounds like you are really getting into the 4DS series! I like it a lot, even though I only do the kickbox cardio one. The weight work is great! I am still doing the Kickbox & Leg workout as my Lower body work in my rotation. I did that one Sunday and still have DOMS! The portion cutting theory sounds like the "calorie staggering" theory that is also one that people use to lose weight. What happens when your Ebay account is hijacked? sounds scary! I am sure you had a good time in that red dress!;-)

Jen:
I hope you feel better! It looks like this chest cold is going around the country..Sounds like your plan for eating is a good one. It is not too hard to take "good" snacks with you to work. I have one of those insulated cooler lunch boxes that I use. I take my lunch and 2 snacks in it every day. I am a firm believer in the protein/carb combo for keeping blood sugar levels even. Sugar is my downfall and if I didn;t do this, I would crave it all day. Yes.. it takes a while to get used to morning excercise. I thought 4:00 am was early! 3:30 is a killer. When do you have to leave for work in the am?

Rhonda:
Happy New Year.. we miss you!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Deb :)

Happy 2008, All!

We had a quiet night also, Deb - I'm so sorry about your DH. Colds are a drag.

I had my last glass of wine last night for a while - forgot to mention that's another thing I'm going to give up. I love a glass of wine after supper - besides the yummy taste, I think that's my signal to relax after all chores are done. Unfortunately, it turns to pure sugar in my system. Giving it up will probably help the weight-loss quest.

I leave for work at 7, Deb - what about you? Wow, I didn't realize you were getting up at 4 - do you eat anything before working out? I'm thinking the best thing is just water until afterward. Oh, I guess your food list for the day just answered my question - do you have your protein smoothie right after working out, or do you shower/get dressed first?

Just got a phone call from DD - she, SIL, and kids are coming over here so we can all go to lunch together - let's see how well I do with healthy choices!

Have a wonderful year,

Jen

Hi Again!

I thought I would pop back in before taking an nap!

Jen:
I have to be at work at 8:00 am. So I leave the house by 7:35-7:40. I have my alarm set for 4:30, but usually wake up anywhere between 4:00-4:30 anyway so I just get up. The dogs take meds that have to be on an empty stomach so this is my "push" to get up. They are all ready to get up at that time anyway and start whining if they realize I am awake. I don;t have anything except water during the workout, then have the protein shake right afterwards, which is what I use to take supplements. I shower, etc then I eat breakfast around 6-6:15. Walk dogs at 6:30..then usually just hang around on the computer until I have to leave for work. I am one that can't just get up and get ready for work and go...

You may want to start using Fitday.com or some other nutrition log in site. It really helped me in the beginning.

Deb

Hi Deb and Jen--

Happy New Year!! I got up this morning at 7:30 and did the 4ds Bootcamp with Bis and Tris. A LOT of modifications to take out as much impact as possible. Six or seven years ago I would have scoffed at all the modifications, but not anymore. The weight work is really good on this. Tomorrow it's the Kickbox and legs. Then I plan to cycle through 4ds again.

We had a lovely dinner out last night: sea bass in a sesame-soy sauce, cooked to absolute perfection, moist, not overdone, and with noodles and bok choy. A spinach salad with walnuts and gorgonzola. Had my Manhattans, too. DH had creme caramel with some kind of pistachio thing in it. I had a smidgen, and it was really good. We came home and watched an old Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers film--the Gay Divorcee. We have another party this evening. DH says he is tired of going out, and I am too. Loved wearing my red dress, though. Another dress-up tonight.

Reading your posts, I almost feel guilty about getting up at 6:15 A.M. to exercise. I don't go to my office until about 11, so I usually spend an hour knitting or sewing with Regis and Kelly on, and then I do a little reading and head out.

On the ebay thing, someone was trying to sell things with my account. I would have straightened it out, but at the same time I was getting spammed to death and I had to get OIT here to come and get rid of some sort of virus. Maybe it was related to the ebay thing, I don't know. But I just never fixed it, and they canceled my account altogether.

Enjoy the first day of a new year, everyone!

Happy New Year Ladies:
DH,DS and I did Chinese food for our celebration.My husband thinks everyone was doing Chinese,take out line was all the way out to parking lot. DS went to party and DH and I stayed home and watched a movie.Nice and quiet,almost made it to midnite,fell asleep about 15minutes before the hour.
Deb: Congrats on your weight loss. WTG! The more I hear of 4DS from you and Garance I might purchase. I am so with you on not being able to get up and go to work in the morning. I NEED to do my workout and not be rushed.
Garance: I bet you were the belle of the ball with your red dress.Your dinner sounds delicious.Have fun at party tonite too. That scale that DH gave me is a Health-O-Meter. Measures fat and hydration.
Jen: Get well soon. Chest colds especially stink.Did you get a flu shot this year?
Hi Rhonda and Josie! ~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.