Pentagenarians & Beyond: Friday & Sat

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I will start the thread for today and tomorrow then on Sunday start one for the week. I hope the others come back to check in and let us know how things are going with new jobs etc. It looks like we are going to get another storm this weekend.. will it ever end?

Garance:
I will be thinking of you when I do the 4DS workout on Sunday! Then I think I will do the 2 upper body Pure Strength's intermixed with I-Treads. Hopefully this cough will be gone and I will have the eneryg. It's hard to get back into it when you stop for so long..

Linny:
The new job sounds very busy. Hopefully it will settle down when all the orientation etc is done. Yes, the new avatar picture is one of Clancy...it really looks blurry and fuzzy, not as good as the real picture..

Jen, Josie: hope all is well with you..

Have a good day

Deb

Hi Deb and later posters--

Today I did Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled again. It's a good weight workout, and I especially like the fact that there are older women in the background.

Linny, I have an older 5-mile Leslie Sansone that takes about 70 min. if you do the whole thing. You can do just three miles, with the two fast ones included. I really prefer the music on this Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles, and the new one I bought has better music too.

Clancy is so cute in that picture--a little dandy! You can tell that he must have had a big personality. I would miss him too.

I'll be thinking of you, too, Deb on Sunday. Do you do those low plane lunges? I just do regular lunges.

It feels like spring here today. Yummy.

Hi Ladies,

Life has given me a few things to worry about lately and have not had the enery to post. I was also given more responsibilities at work and am swamped cleaning other peoples mistakes.

I did manage to workout a couple of days and today I will be doing a boot camp class at my Gym and tomorrow I will be working out with my trainer. I hired her once a week so that she can check up on me every Saturday. I need to be acountable otherwise it does not work.

On Sunday I will be doing the dunes and maybe running a couple of miles.

Deb, Sorry to hear about Clancy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Deb: I think thats a good idea on the starting a post on sunday and cary it through the week. Be sure to take it nice and slow sunday,don't want you to be getting hurt.
Garance: I think I'll pull out my Jari Love this weekend and give it another shot. I'm still undecided about ordering a dvd by Leslie Sansone.Do you really get a good sweat going with her dvd's?
Josie:Have fun doing your boot camp tomorrow. My new job is going to have a 12 week program to lose weight and have hired a personal trainer to come in once week with diets and exercise programs. I'm hoping to meet with her,hopefully she comes in early so I can see her before I go home after working all night.
Ladies have a wonderful weekend,I'll be checking in.~Linny~

Good Morning !

It's snowing here, we had about a foot overnight and it's not stopping.. DH is out snowblowing right now. I had to dig a path from the back door so Kelsey could go out and do her business. It was over her head! Not too much planned for today. I think I will just go to the library and return books and get more to read. This is going to be a lazy weekend for me. I hope to do my workout tomorrow and just chores around here.

Garance:
Yes I do the low plane lunges.. actually I find them easier than the regular static lunges.. not sure why.

Josie:
I hope you feel better... life does that to us periodically and we just have to hold on to those that we love until we get through it..I am sending {{{{hugs}}}} your way.

Linny:
How lucky for you to have a weight program and personal trainer right at work! Is there a place to work out as well? Even just someone to help with nutrition and diet would be interesting for me.

Have a great day and stay warm!

Deb

Hi Deb and later posters--

This is my day off, so I cleaned house and am now in my office planning a full afternoon of work before going to a matinee of The Savages and out for sushi tonight with DH.

Linny, I have two of Sansone's DVDs, but I just ordered another--the Walk Slim Fast and Firm: 4 Really Big Miles with the band. The reviews looked good. Of the two I have, I would say the 4 Fast Miles is excellent in working up a sweat, because she does 5 intervals, with jogging, pendulum swings, knee hops, etc. The five mile one is more steady state, although two of the miles are pretty good.

It's pouring rain here, with thunder and lightning.

I haven't even tried to do those low plane lunges, Deb. Maybe I'm underestimating my knees, but I doubt it.

Nice to see you back, Josie. Hope everything settles down for you.

Hi Fellow Pentagenarians:
Just got back from seeing Miss Pettigrew.I think its more of a chick flick(especially from DH's view). I thought the actors did a believable job.I'd give it a C+ or B-. We're trying to figure out a good restaraunt to eat tonight.DH is having some coldsore issues in his mouth though.So I don't think Mexican will be a choice.
Deb: Oh my God! A foot of snow,I didn't realize that any snow was coming your way.We have just had tons of rain,last night and right now.Lots of places worried about flooding. I am hoping to meet with this personal trainer.Especially need help in the nutrition dept.I bought my DH some books on antiinflammatory foods and a book on 150 best foods you can eat.We'll see if that helps.
Garance:I'm not much good in the jogging area. Bladder doesn't hold up well with too much jumping.Maybe I shouldn't get dvd by her.I am going to do some Jari Love tomorrow.Today I did a Cathe oldie-BodyMax-the cardio portion then back and ab portion too.
I wonder how Jen doing in her new job?
Josie: Deep breathe,this too will pass.I bet you were saying TGIF yesterday:) ~Linny~

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie, and Jen if you show up--

It was hard to haul myself out of bed this morning, but I did get up and do 4ds Kickbox with legs and abs.

I went to see The Savages yesterday. A really fine film with moving performances by all, but especially Laura Linney. A great ending for dog lovers, too, and really welcome after the strange mix of sadness and comedy in the film. We went out to dinner last night and had sushi appetizers and then a delicious Chilean sea bass dinner.

Today it's about 20 degrees colder today than yesterday--and really, really windy, but at least it's not pouring rain. Yesterday was a deluge.

How is everyone doing with daylight savings?

Hi all,

I guess I will start the new thread for the week tomorrow morning. I did 4DS today but only the weight work, and part of the core and the cool down. I thought that was pretty good considering I still have this cough. I told DH that I was going to beat it down with working out! Glad you liked the movies, DH is really hard to get to the movies...we have some DVD's that a friend lent to me, and we were going to make popcorn and watch one last night but he looked at them and frowned, said, I'd rather read a book! Oh well...

I hope everyone had a good weekend...DH made chicken soup for dinner tonight yum!

Deb

Hi Ladies:
Garance: I broke out the Jari Love dvd and did the best I could.I had to modify some of the cardio,especially those football spikes.Wow! Nice to see that you saw a good movie. My DH went and saw Bankjob,which he thought was better than Miss Pettigrew.
Deb: Hope you shake that cough soon.Are you all dug out from your snowstorm? Like Garance says it was very windy last night and today.The weather man said it was 104mph on Mt Washington,eek.What a dear hubby making you some chicken soup.Get well soon.
Hi Josie and Jen.
I'll check in tomorrow~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.