Pentagenarians & Beyond ((( Friday )))

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

The Hellions actually let me sleep a little later. I woke up at 3:50 and once they heard that I was awake, ( must be the difference in breathing or something), they were up and ready to go! I did an I-Tread and one of the Abs of Steel workouts. I think she even has leg warmers on for these!

Jen:
I think you would like the 4DS series. If you can do Cathe's step, you will even like it better! I only use the one cardio ( Kickbox) and all the weight work is worth the price of the series. Maybe try Ebay? I am an Ebay Junkie. There is one on Ebay right now for $74.95 pluss $2.88 shipping. I may look at that mixer for travelling. Don't tell us about 60 degree weather. x( . I am so jealous!It is cold and windy here.

Garance:
I am glad to hear that you are able to do the workouts without any pain returning. I have never seen Project Runway.. a dress of Twizzlers?? LOL must have been pretty funny. I think the Timesaver is a little like 4DS only may have more impact. I sold mine on Ebay becasue I hated the cardio and the weight work was too short I think. You should go over and look it up in the DVD secion here. There is one on Ebay right now for $15 including shipping.

Linny: I hope you feel better today.

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Happy Friday, All,

Garance, I love the Timesavers! It's 5 sessions from the Body Blast series, all mixed up, for instance:

Warm-up from SJP, hi-lo from KPC, etc., and each one has 1 or 2 body parts added. The one I did yesterday, Timesaver 2, had 1 step segment, 2 hi-lo segments, back and core. The strength segments are partly from the Body Blast series, and partly new footage.

All 5 include a warm-up and stretch. The shortest one is 38 minutes and I think the longest is 48 minutes. If the copy Deb mentioned for $15 on Ebay is still available, I'd grab it - it's well worth it.

Today, I'm going straight from work to DD's house to baby-sit while they go out to dinner and a movie. Tonight's workout will be chasing after a toddler and a 10-month-old.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and any later posters--

I did 4ds HIS with the chest and back weight work. I almost have the third little step routine. Cathe could cue this better by saying "shuffle forward, turn, then hitch kick." Instead, I have been shuffling backwards, because this is what she does both in LIS and in Rhythmic Step, and she just says, "Shuffle, turn." Once I figured that out, I managed to do it the last time and again when she goes through all of the routines. I have to modify some of the blasts when she's jumping over the step with 2 feet, but the first blast is really fun. On Sunday, I will be doing the Kickbox with legs.

I forgot to tell you, Deb, that on the Kimberly Spreen Absolute Kickboxing I use my old Firm Barbell without weights. It's 10 pounds and padded. I probably should buy a shorter bar. I like the premix where she alternates kickbox with bodybar routines.

I cannot buy anything on ebay because of my snafu with the account. But I did order 4 new workouts from Collage, which I will try to cycle into 4ds for variety when they arrive.

Watched a netflix copy of The Kingdom last night. This is an excellent thriller. I much preferred it to the Bourne Ultimatum.

Oh, Deb, I really love Project Runway. You should try it. It's on Bravo on Wednesdays, and they usually do reruns of the previous week before doing the next. The twizzler dress was really HOT.

Jen, we must have been posting simultaneously. Gee, I think I will have to check out the Timesaver. It sounds perfect for me for short days, and I love the Body Blast series, especially the cardio. I wish I could buy it on ebay!!

Hi Ladies:
TGIF!!! I had the week from HELL. So glad its over. We use laptops when we go out to see patients and mine was so screwed up. The calibration was way of. It stinks when your trying to but info in the computer and give your full attention to your patientx(
Deb: You must have thought you were in heaven sleeping till 3:50am. That heasdache I had was pretty strange. My b/p has still been up the past few days 160/100. I think I internalize things too much.
Jen: I agree I think I should have purchased the 4DS set too. I'm getting jealous with all this talk of 4DS.
Garance:I don't think I saw The King,who's in it? I'm not one to get headaches either. Thats why this one had me worried. Sometimes seeing flashing bright lights is a signal for impending strokes.So happy its gone. Have you checked Amazon.com with the Timesaver? They have been carrying some of Cathe's dvds.
Have a good night~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.