::Pentagenarians & Beyond: Friday::

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well it's Friday and the weekend is coming. . Does anyone have any exciting plans? We will be going to see my father ( lives about 60 miles away), as he could not come in to see us Christmas due to weather.

Today I did High Step Circuit, as a cardio workout. This was pretty easy, I did not burn a lot of calories. Next time I will do High Step Circuit-Advanced. I hear there are a lot of leg presses in this one. That really gets your heart rate up!

Jen:
That dinner sounds great! :9 , I am going over to that website to check it out. I am intrigued by the mixer you mentioned. Let us know if it works well. I use my old standby Oster blender every moring to mix my protein drink. But if I travel, I don;t have any good way to mix it. I also read about the BSN Lean Dessert protein. Did you see the recipe for Bananna Nut bread? yum.. that is the one I would get so I could try it out. I have a case of Larabars that I got on Ebay.. a little too sweet for me an lots of calories.. some are better than others. Let me know what you think of them too.

Garance:
I think I will follow your lead and use the PP double upper body for my upper workout next week. I am going to request that book from our library.

Have a great day !

Deb;-)

Hi Deb and any later posters--

I did the 4ds Kickbox and lower body today. I really like this Kickbox and my knees felt good. I did a lot of modifying on the lower body workout--lower weights, fewer risers, and forget those low plane lunges. I just did back lunges, and given my recent knee issues, I did not go all that low. I want to do this routine once a week, though, because I feel like I need to strengthen my legs after such a long time of not doing them. The Abs workout on this one is a doozie--but really good.

DH and I are going to a party on Dec. 30, out for dinner with friends on New Year's Eve, and one final party on New Year's Day.

Any New Year's resolutions this year? Mine is to stop doing so much shopping online when I'm feeling bored. I spend too much money on clothes, shoes, etc.

By the way, that Kerastase Ciment Thermique is terrific. Shinier and stronger hair. Even DH said something yesterday. I wish I could afford the whole regimen, but over 30 dollars for mousse, shampoo, hairspray is ridiculous. I will continue though with the Ciment.

Rented Waitress on cable last night. This is actually the second time for me. I enjoyed the film both times, but I just cannot believe that she ever married that jerk of a husband, Earl.

Have a fun weekend ladies. I will probably check in some time.

Happy Friday, All,

Deb, uh-oh the Larabars are too sweet, huh? I bought 3 different flavors - stupid, stupid, stupid. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm not breaking out any of that stuff until Jan. 2.

Garance, my New Year's resolution is to not stress so much, and try to live in the present moment. I don't think I'll be able to sustain it, though.

I'm working this weekend, so nothing fun. There will be no workout today - we're going to the grocery store and running other errands after work since I'll be busy all weekend. Tomorrow, after work, I plan to do PLB.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.