Pentagenarians & Beyond::The Day After!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Today I did Pyramid Upper Body. It has been a while since I did this workout. I really like the pyramid style training ( reminds me of BFL). I just wish Cathe had slowed this one down so you could use heavier weights without having to pause after every set. She goes so fast on this one that I hardly have a chance to put down a weight and pick up the next one!

Back to the grind today. At least there are only 3 days until the weekend!

Deb
;-)

Hi Deb and any later posters--

Had a great holiday, but now it's back to work. On Sunday, I did Gin Miller's Simply Step on a 6-inch step (a little over 60 min.). On Monday, I did P/P double upperbody (46 min.). Slept in yesterday and today I did LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver (47 1/2 min.).

I agree with you on PUB. Cathe moves too fast on this one, except for the biceps, and I'm not sure why. Is it because it's an endurance workout?? I don't think so.

So what did everyone get?? My favorite gifts were 1) a ring from DH with three little diamonds nestled in two swirls of gold--one yellow gold, one white gold; 2)a really pretty wool shawl in red, russet, and black from DS's woman friend; and 3)a whole array of socks from my sons in a variety of patterns and textures. I'm wearing some grey angora mix ones today. Very cuddly. Oh--I also have a gift certificate from Zappos, so now I have to do some shoe hunting.

A party on Dec. 30. Out for dinner on New Year's Eve and then a party on New Year's Day. Yikes!! I'm going to be completely tuckered before Winter Study even begins.

ttfn

Happy Wednesday, All,

Christmas Eve day I did Step Fit. I didn't exercise yesterday because I had company all day long. Today is my wedding anniversary, so we're going out to a nice restaurant after work. Tomorrow, I plan to do Gym Style Chest and Triceps (or is it Biceps - I can't remember).

My DD and SIL gave me a quilt hanging that had my grandsons' handprints and footprints quilted into the pattern, plus a photo of the grandsons that had been scanned onto the quilt material, and was actually part of the quilt pattern. I'd never seen anything like that before. They also gave me a necklace, and an insulated coffee holder with the University of Texas logo on it.

My DS and DIL had an agreement with us that we wouldn't exchange gifts, but I did get my grandson gifts, of course, and DIL baked for us. She brought us pumpkin bread and 2 kinds of pecans - sweet and spicy (mostly spicy) and cinnamon sugar.

My Christmas gift from DH didn't arrive yet - he says it will arrive today. My anniversary gift was a diamond and aquamarine necklace, which is beautiful.

Have a wonderful day after,

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.