Pentagenarians and Beyond--Another freezing Monday!

garance

Cathlete
Thought I would start things off since Deb is gone.

I did 4ds HIS with Chest and Back. Love this workout now that I have the step routine down cold. Cathe miscues on this one, which is why, I believe, people have trouble on that final little step routine.

Wind chill around here is sub-zero. Last night the winds were howling. A good night to cuddle.

Linny, your DH is right, There Will Be Blood is 2 hours and 40 min. There could have been more editing. Really interesting article in EW on No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood in terms of their ghastly humor and lack of a backstory for either film's villain. They were both shot in the same part of west Texas apparently--bleak country for sure, with its own kind of austere beauty.

Watched the first half of Pride and Prejudice last night--it's the Colin Firth as Darcy version. Sooo good.

Happy Monday, All,

Well, I lasted through about 10 minutes of Strength, Balance, and Flexibility yesterday before I had to quit - just couldn't heft the weights around. I guess maybe I should have started back in with cardio, not weights.

I did go for a long walk later though, with DH - the weather was gorgeous, with highs in the low 70s. It's way too warm for February here - the redbuds and azaleas are blooming - that shouldn't begin until March.

I was sure I didn't want STS until I saw the blog pictures - now I want it! I don't know what DH will think about $200 though, but when will I ever get these again for $5 apiece if I don't preorder? The blog pictures looked a lot like Tracy Long's TLT series, which I love.

I may try another few minutes of weight work later this afternoon. Not exercising for so long didn't help, but I think my main problem has been lack of sleep from constant coughing. That is starting to disappear.

Garance and Deb, you preordered STS, right? Josie and Linny, what about you?

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.