Pentagenarians & Beyond: ^The Weekend!^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

The weather is awful here....snowing sideways! . Of course I left my car out! I never do that but last night I picked up some food on the way home from work as DH was feeling so bad he actually closed his office and went home yesterday..so because I was carrying hot food from the car, I thought I would leave it out and put it back later.. right! We have a play to go to tonight, "Twelve Angry Men". I hope it gets better outside by tonight. The dogs woke us up at 3:00, DH was kind enough to get up and let them out. I actually slept until 5:30! Yippee!

Garance:
Hope you stayed awake for that session last night LOL :)

Linny:
12 hour days? do you get overtime? That has to be exhausting for you, especially since it's not a desk job where if you are sitting for that long, it;s not that bad.

Hello to Jen & Josie

Stay warm!

Deb:)

Hi Deb--

Today was my day off, except for cleaning the house.

The retreat was actually very productive and we managed to reach consensus on a variety of issues. When I got home, I settled into watching the final three episodes of the Sopranos with a glass of wine.

Yep, it's going to get really frigid here, and I think that includes Deb, Linny, and me. The warm weather friends are Jen and Josie.

Linny, the 5-miler is 70 min. long, but there are two 3-mile options. The 4-mile one I have liked a lot, because she includes jog intervals that up the intensity, and the music at the beginning (Patti Labelle's "New Attitude") and at the end (James Brown's "I feel good" and something else) are really good. Turn her off or she may drive you nuts. So sorry about 12 hour work days. I just couldn't do it.

ttfn

Hi Deb and Garance:
It's not to cold here yet,my husbands weather station says 34 right now.Not looking forward to the bitter cold tomorrow.
Deb: I wish I could put my car in the garage but the spoiled boat is in there.Hope you get to your plat tonight.Drive safe.
Garance: Glad to hear retreat wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Hmmm,that 5-miler is sounding pretty good.You can turn off her voice and leave music on? Shows you how technically retarded I am:)
I have to finish up the work I didn't get to finish last night. Hopefully by then the weekend supervisor will have left a message on who needs nursing visits tomorrow then I can get a head up on that.Not sure if I'm going out to dinner tonight,we ususally do on saturday but since I have to work tomorrow....
I'll try to check in later~Linny~

Happy Saturday, All,

I'm working this weekend - will be going to Sam's after work (across town), so no workout today. Yesterday, I did IMAX 3.

Linny, I'm with Deb, do you get overtime for those looong days? If not, how do you keep from getting burnout (or even if you do get overtime!)?

We actually had a few sleet pellets this morning in the swamp! It will get colder tonight, about 31, but it's clear, so no messy stuff.

I've been over at the Video Fitness forum, and now I really want Tracie Long's latest DVDs. Must stop making credit card smoke!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hey Ladies;
Deb and Jen: I'm not sure if its over 8hrs aday or over 40hrs aweek that I get the overtime. I need to keep better track of my hrs worked. I don't puncha clock just put the hours I work into computer than transfer info.
I hear ya on the credit card. I have a hard time putting that card away once I start the Xmas shopping usually it takes till summmer to feel comfortable without the ole card.
Went to Margaritas for dinnner. Had the nachos,2 margaritas, and a fried icecream. I did share icecream and nachos with DH but I needed those Margaritas after the week I had.}(
~Linny~

Good Moring & Happy Sunday!

I will be going down to do one of the Gym Styles in a little while. I like the weekend because I get to have coffee before I work out! DH is still feeling bad so we will most likely hang around here today. We did go to the play last night... it was awesome!

Garance:
Wine and the Sopranos sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday night.:)

Linny:
34 is pretty cold! I didn;t realize that you did visits on Sunday as well..In NY it is over 40 hours a week, when overtime has to be paid. If you are working 12 hour days, you are probably working over 40 hours a week. Are you salary or hourly? Yes, you deserved that Mexican dinner!

Jen:
What is the new Tracey Long like? do you have a link to it? She was one of my favorite Firm instructors in the old days of the original Firm people..

Have a great day.. I am off to the basement to work out..

Deb:)

Hi everyone--

Today I did 4ds Kickbox with legs and abs. Excellent workout. I threw myself into the kickbox, so I know I got my heartrate up.

Jen, how in the world do you do IMax 3??? I tried it once or twice, and it was just too much impact for me, and not enough time between the intervals.

I'm prepping Cat's Eye for this week's classes, and then going to a matinee of Juno while DH watches football. Last night I watched the director's (Ridley Scott) cut of Blade Runner. I love this film.

I think I remember that play as a movie, Deb, with Henry Fonda and Lee J. Cobb. Excellent.

Well, color me embarrassed! I went to get the link for you, Deb, and discovered that the Video Fitness folks were talking about Tracey Staehle, not Tracey Long! I read the whole, very long, thread, not realizing that. Her last name was never mentioned. Anyway, in case you still want it, here's the link: http://www.fitbytracey.com/blog.php

These still sound mighty good though - I've never done anything by her. Has anyone here?

Garance, I'll tell you how I do IMAX 3 - I modify big-time! I make almost all of it low-intensity - what, you think I'm actually going to do tuck-jumps? I don't think I could if you held a gun to my head! Cathe's cueing is so bad in this one - well, maybe bad is the wrong word, but she frequently calls out the cue as you're starting the move - that I stumble around on the step too much during some of the step routines, so just kick it out of the way and do the exercises on the floor.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.