Pentagenarians & Beyond: ^^ Monday ^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning All!

Yahoo, I am down 1 1/2 pounds! I lost the 1/2 I gained and another one.. not sure how this happened. It must be that all that salty junk food was making me retain water? Anyway I am not arguing about it. I'll take it!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread. Looking forward to having a nice quiet dinner with DH. He loves making New Year's eve dinner. We will be having crab legs, squash, and spinach salad. Maybe a glass of champagne.

Garance:
I finally did get the Kerastase stuff on a "Buy It Now" auction. It was $23 with shipping. She had 5 available at the time, not sure if you are into Ebay or not.

Linny:
Welcome Back.. we missed you! I think the scale was a nice gift. It shows that DH is supporting you. If you want to get the weight tracker over to your Cathe signature, let me know and I will get the directions to you.

Happy New Year!

Deb ;-)

Hi Deb and later posters--

I did HIS from 4ds with the back and chest work. The step routine is very tricky in parts, but I will eventually get it. I think I will cycle through 4ds several times now that my knees are feeling pretty good. I will try Boot Camp tomorrow--something totally new for the new year.

Congrats on your weight loss, Deb! A really big achievement during the holidays. My weight went back to where it was, so I am still at 137. Gee, I would love to get down to 130. Maybe I will start trying again. I just read in my January Vogue that a recent U. of California study showed that the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to cut your portions in half every other day--so if you ordinarily have a cup of cereal, cut it to 1/2 a cup every other day. I think I might give this a try.

No--I don't do ebay, because my account was hijacked a few years ago, and they won't let me. They closed it. I could probably try to straighten the whole thing out, but it's too much trouble. It's also one less temptation for me in terms of online browsing. I did start the account, though, to sell old exercise DVDs, and managed to make quite a bit on them, in addition to uncluttering some shelves.

Hi Linny--so glad you are back! What kind of scale did you get?? I have been thinking of replacing ours because it is so old.

I'm wearing my red dress tonight, ladies, and kicking up my heels with a little dancing. Happy New Year and let the bubbles flow!

Happy New Year's Eve, All,

Deb, yes, 3fatchicks has great stuff, but I think they have too much stuff on a possibly old server, so it gets hung up A LOT.

The cold is worse - now my chest hurts too - great. I am so ready to get my butt in gear and get serious again with diet and exercise. I'm going to try eating 5 mini-meals a day, with each one containing a protein and a complex carbohydrate. This should keep my blood sugar steady. Supposedly, this way you avoid the blood sugar fluctuations that make you ravenous. It sounds like a lot of work, especially with everything I'll have to bring to work, but I'm going to try.

I'm also toying with the idea of switching to morning exercise, but I would have to get up at 3:30 - not sure if I can do it! So many times, there's a grandbaby at my house when I get home, and none of them is old enough to understand Granny going into the exercise room and shutting the door. I don't want to either, I want to play with them.

I think I'll do the diet thing for a week, then start the morning exercise when I'm completely over my cold.

Sounds like we're all in ``getting-serious'' mode - good luck to all of us!

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.