Pentagenarians & Beyind: Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did a 20 minute I-Climb on the eliptical followed by 4DS triceps & biceps. WOW that eliptical workout can be tough. I was not able to keep up so I just stayed at my own pace listening to the music.

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: Protein shake
B: Cheerios w/strawberries, skim milk
S: cottage cheese w/applesauce
L: chicken on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: apple & stringster cheese
D: Leftover pot roast
S: WW ice cream bar, almonds

Have a great day and a good start to the week! Countdown to vacation!

Deb
:)

Hi Deb and later posters--

Yesterday I did the GS BShBi followed by the ab routine from MIS on Ab Hits. My back was surprisingly sore yesterday for awhile, I think from the first sets with 2 20's. Not working out today because I am off to Smith to work in the Plath archive.

Ugly weather here today--so gray.

Saw No Country for Old Men by the Coen brothers yesterday. Excellent film, but unrelenting and dark--not for anyone who gets upset by movie violence. Based on the Cormac McCarthy book, so it's not their fault. Javier Bardem is one of the best villains I've seen on film for a long time--absolutely convincing psychopath.

Have a great day everyone!!

Happy Monday, All

Garance, I tried to read one Cormac McCarthy book, and quickly realized that I couldn't do it, although he's a wonderful writer. I just can't stand to read about violence, especially torture.

I wanted you guys to know I'm still around, although it seems the universe isn't quite through playing sick little jokes on me yet. Let's see, since September I've had a freakish elevator accident, with subsequent medical, work and legal hassles, a frozen thumb and subsequent surgery, and a bad allergic reaction with itching from hell and no idea of the cause. Now, for the past week, I've had overwhelming waves of nausea that appear then disappear then appear again . . . also fatigue like I've never experienced before, oh, and low-grade fevers that appear and disappear just like the nausea.

I really hope this is just some lingering bug, because my big fear is that my immune system is on the rampage again. I guess it's not enough for my retarded antibodies that they've destroyed my pancreas and thyroid. I'm afraid they may have started on my liver now. This scares me because I can take insulin for diabetes and thyroid pills for Hashimoto's Syndrome, but I don't know of anything I can take to make my liver all better.

I asked my endocrinologist last week to recommend an immunologist, and she said there used to be one in the medical center, but he's in jail for tax evasion. Alrighty then! In a town this big, you'd think there might be one immunologist who's not a jailbird. I'll continue to look, but I suspect the only thing to do now may be to take supplements (vitamins, herbs, etc.) that support the immune system and do some major clean eating.

Oh, and it's the Christmas season and even though I haven't missed any work, I don't even have the energy to fold and put away the laundry.

Well, this has turned into quite a tale of woe, when I just wanted you guys to know that I really do have a reason not to exercise lately. I'm going to try it tonight, though, on the theory that I can't feel any worse and it might help.

Sorry to be such a downer,

Jen

Jen: I hope you fell better. Know that you are in our thoughts for a speedy recovery. These thing seem to happen in multiples. Hopefully you will be over this soon.

It is grey and wet here, but at least the temperature is in the 50's. I just came in from doing some outdoor stuff.

It appears that I will have to find a new position within my school system next year. They are going to be transferring 3 teaching stations from my school. I may not get transferred out of my school but into a position working with a population that I don't prefer. So this is an opportunity to make a move. Open season starts in March. I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.