PEEPsters!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
The rooster slept until 6am. :eek::eek::eek:

I am still quite tired from the past week so that extra hour felt good!! Now what DVD to do today??? I am getting DH ready to go for a run. That means I keep saying "Go running" until he can't stand my screaching little voice anymore and runs out the door!!! Then I can started on my routine.

What workout is everyone doing today??? I'm still undecided.

I'll be back in a few minutes with a plan, just wanted to get us started
And I'm checking out flylady.com.
ellie

Hey Ellie and all to follow. I just finished a B&G premix, the leg blast one. I hope not to do another walking lunge for a looong time! there must be 4 sets of those in there! Yuck! I added the abs on too and now I'm ready for a shower and work. Well, ready is a relative term.

Good morning Peeps,

I am SOOOOO tired! We are having really strong winds right now with gusts in the 50-60mph range and it kept me up most of the night. I could have put in my earplugs, but I think I was trying to listen to any damage that might be occurring overnight with the winds (yes, they were that bad). I was shocked this morning to find that our satellite dish was not only still on our roof, but still online. I'm really glad that Karin is not getting in until this evening as the winds will have died down by then.

My workout will happen later on this morning. I'm going to have breakfast and then work out about 1 1/2 hours later. Today is a cardio day for me, will probably do Tae Bo.

Jerry, I'm sorry to hear about your back! I can only imagine how frustrating that must be.

For everyone else, I'll BBL for personals and whatnot. I will need a nap today if I am going to make it till bedtime!

Peeps!

boy was my workout last night a sorry excuse! taking 2 weeks completely off is NOT an option for me anymore... not that I think I lost a lot of strength, but my stamina is very lacking!

Ellie: So what did you end up doing? I am thinking something fairly cardio like High Step Circuit... those drugs are starting to make a difference in my knees, so I might try it and see how it goes...

Phyllis: Good for you on B&G! That's always a tough one ~ premixes too! Have a great day at work...

Jill: I must have been dreaming of you last night (well early this morning anyway) as I woke up at 2am and tossed and turned... but my point of this rambling is that I was looking out a big picture window at a big white feild of snow, but for some reason I was SO cold and then realized that a side window was blown open and all the wind was rushing in. It was blowing so hard that I couldn't get to the window to close it! YIKES! :eek: So, see subconsciously I was thinking about you!

Jerry: Take it easy on that back!

BBL! Have a good day fellow Peepsters!

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

I did my steady state cardio this morning--HIS--and I even kind of got the last part!! Whoo hooo, I'm almost there!!

OK, for those who are interested, here is the chicken meatball recipe:

Chicken Meatballs

1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 TBSP milk
1 TBSP ketchup
3/4 cup grated Romano
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
sprinkle of salt if you like
1 lb ground chicken

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, ketchup, Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir gently to combine.

Using a medium-sized cookie scoop (or your hands) roll into meatballs. Put on cookie sheet. Spray meatballs with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes. ENJOY! (If you make smaller meatballs, watch them--they probably will not take 30 minutes to bake.)

*It's THAT EASY. And you can add more flavor to the meatballs by adding: 1 tsp. fennel seeds (will give it a sausage taste) or some finely chopped fresh basil.

*Serving ideas: Alone, with rice and steamed veggies. On whole grain spaghetti with your choice of pasta sauce. They would be easy to freeze, too.

*Ground chicken comes two ways: ground breast (leanest) and ground (with dark meat, higher in fat.) The ground breast will be slightly drier because of lower fat content. This is where the cheese and bread crumbs help to lock in some moisture. I used the regular ground chicken because I like them really moist. You can find ground chicken in with the chicken at the grocery store, or the butcher can grind it for you. Good thing--it's cheap, too! :)

Ellie--THANK YOU so much for the cleaning hints. I get into trouble when I come home--I kick the shoes on to the floor, lop my purse and bag on the table, toss my coat over a chair, and within 10 seconds, the kitchen table is buried with crap...and the previous day's crap...and the day before crap...I like the idea of shredding immediately, too. I stack up all my shredding to do "later" and before I know it, it's a disaster. I'm trying this this week!!

Jill--Oh, you are getting the toughies but goodies of the Cathe collection! Drill Max has really helped my cardio capacity grow. I love it and hate it!!! BC/ME are awesome too. You are going to be very happy with your purchases!!! And I will check out flylady.net TODAY!!

Phyllis--Whooo hooo! B & G sounds so hard! Good for you for taking it on today!!

Jerry--Wise decision to put Low Impact Circuit away. You know your body--listen to it!!

:) Wendy

Wendy, those meatballs sound great! I'm going to print that out and try it soon!

Dani, BRRRRR!!!!! You know, I was about to let me dogs out this morning...they were doing their customary chase each other around the dining room table before running out the back door and I had to slam it shut before they went out...they almost ran into the door! Anyway, I happened to notice that a section of our fence had fallen over in the wind last night! It is part of the 'double' fence, where we had put an inside fence right up on the frame of the original fence to help keep the dogs from getting through, so there was still the other section standing. However, that one had part of one of the boards missing and I didn't want one of my dogs trying to squeeze through. Ugh, what a pain! Thank goodness we didn't have any serious damage to anything, though. The wind has finally died down now and now the temperature will start to drop.

Hi Peeps:

My hammies and glutes are talking to me this morning...apparantely they didn't like my kettlebell workout yesterday:rolleyes: I've got Powerstrike 5 on the schedule for today but will take it slow since I'm kinda sore.

Ellie~ What workout did you decide to do?

Phyllis~ Ouch...walking lunges get me every time.

Jill~ Hope you get caught up on your sleep tonight.

Dani~ Doesn't it just stink how fast we can lose our cardio capacity?:mad: The good thing is, it comes back fairly quickly.

Wendy~ Thanks for the recipe. They sound yummy! I'm always looking for new ways to use chicken.

Off to workout. BBL:)

JJ

Hello Peeps!

It's been a few days since I've posted - hmm perhaps before Christmas?

Anyhoo I'm listening to Harry Potter on HBO , drinking my mango tea ( a giftie from the hubby a nice big assortment of Adagio loose leaf teas - yummy) and posting :)

I am naturally a nightowl who loves reading - was up till 2am reading my book last night and well with the kids on holiday no need to get up early and out the door :p

I am just so sore which is great as I have an insane appetite for gingerbread cookies - thankfully there is no more of that here so I can be free of that trigger for a bit.

Today I have KettleBellWay along w/ a 30 minute power walk with my weighted vest. Och those can be killer on the legs for sure.

Ellie - I used to check out Flylady.com but her emails where just too much. Great ideas though if only I used them :eek: I really need to get on the ball though as we plan on putting the house up for sale in 15 months or so.

Phyllis! How are you? Oh I hate those walking lunges but they do the legs good - hahah try them with a 10-20 # vest on ouchies!

Jill We get those strong winds here from time to time and I can't sleep with the noise - it scares me something awful. Glad there was no damage to your house.

Dani You'll get your stamina back - just give it a few days and you'll be right as rain again.

Wendy - Thank you for that recipe I will surely try that one as I get into a food rut trying to figure out how else I can cook chicken. Lately I've just been braising it and tossing with pasta and feta lol
I guess I can toss the chicken into the food processer to get it ground up?

JJ Oh yes I totally agree about the glutes and hammies talking. Did you use a dvd for your kettlebell work or something on your own?
I've been doing my kettlebells and runs and boy oh boy my body is sore all over. I ended up ordering my 35# kettlebell yesterday from Perform Better can't wait to get it so I can ladder up my swings with it :D

To all the other Peeps I hope you have a wonderful , outstanding day and remember keep your body hydrated!

picture.php

OUCH

I thought I was really ready this morning ( no idea what gave me that thought) and so I did Legs and Glutes. OMG I may never walk again.

Dani- I'm right there with you! Since I fell behind I've lost so much strength and endurance. BUT, there's nowhere to go but up now!!!

Vilma- so good to see you back. Water is the one thing I've been doing quite well with. Food on the other hand, not so much!!! I don't own a weighted vest but I am interested in trying one. How much weight do you use???

Wendy- thanks for the recipe. That's dinner tomorrow night! Yipee. My DH has no idea that I'm stealing recipes from you, so SHHHHH!!!. He thinks I'm just mixing up some new things. Yeah right, a few years back boiling water was tough for me!!

Phyllis- walking lunges are considered cruel and unusual punishment in some parts of the world!!! Like mine. :eek::eek::eek: You were up and going early!!!

JJ- I have a feeling my hammies and glutes are gonna being screaming tomorrow.

Jill- Wind like that scares the crap out of me!!! I am always afraid a tree will come down on the house or something. But I probably could have slept thru it last night, I was sooooooo tired.

Jerry, heather and karin- hope to hear from you soon
Have a great day. I'll BBL for a check in and a rant about DH.
ellie

Today was 4 DS Kickbox...this one workout alone was worth the price of the series, IMHO...I love this one!!! I think my new rotation is going to feature 4DS, both weights and cardio.

The most frustrating thing with my back is, it doesn't hurt one bit!!! Because my spinal column is narrow, it causes balance issues, basically I shouldn't hold a weight and balance on one leg, because London Bridges will fall down, and that wouldn't be good! Thanks for the encouaging words. 4DS KB does feature some moves that do require balance, but with no weight involved, so I'm good there!

Ellie...L & G...that's a killer, but it is soooo fun, huh?

Shywolf...Like you, my home is now cookie-free, and not a moment too soon, I am such a cookie monster, and this year, my faves were actually the oatmeal-raisin...so I got my oats in, afterall!!

JJ...I have to take a look into the new Powerstrike, I have one of them, and I do like it, but since I've been Cathe-exclusive for the longest time, I misplaced it.

Jill...High winds suck, pardon my French, I had a tree fall on my garage a few years back..at least I won't have to worry about it happening again, huh?? Tae-Bo was one of the greatest workouts for my back, especially Old School TaeBo.

Dani...don't worry, it's not just you...everyone says how hard it is to get back once you've stopped working out, I notice my stamina is lacking those first few times back as well...you'll get there, though!

Wendy..For Jerry Jones to think that Wade Phillips is the man to lead the Boys into their new digs next year is utter lunacy. I still want Reid gone..they lucked into an incredible scenario on Sunday, which is the only reason they landed the final spot...Both teams have issues facing them this offseason, that's for sure!

Phyllis...You in for the 16th at Cathe's class and grub afterward?

Okay Peeps, here's my rant!!!

For the past few months DH and I have been extremely busy. His travel, me with the kids, the deaths of 3 of our great friends, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas plays, school parties and a 5 and 7 year old!!!!! Christmas for us started last Wed and ended Friday night. Then the shore trip etc etc. Needless to say I am ready to stay home. play games with the kids and relax.

Well 2 of our great friends invited us for New Years Eve and new Years Day. In different locations. This would mean that we have to leave early tomorrow afternoon and drive for 2 hours, stay at our friends house and then get up in the morning and drive 1 hour north of there to the next party. The friends house we are staying at is friends with the second couple so we are all going. That means that after the party on New year's day, we still have a 2 1/2 hour drive home. Then DH works on Friday.

I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!!!
I love both couples dearly and we see each other a few times a year. We spend summer at the beach for a week here and there and they visit us on their way to the beach etc.

I was hoping to just spend the rest of our vacation relaxing at home and having some good family time. DH feels guilty and thinks we should go. I told him at most I would do the New Years day party and be off tomorrow.
I had thoughts of scrapbooking and planning for the new year and the start of school for the boys etc. And frankly, I am PARTIED OUT!!!!!

Help
ellie

Jerry

DH keeps asking me what the hell I am laughing at???? And I can't even tell him because it's ABOUT him. But I am ROFLMAO
ellie

Ellie, I'm probably not the person to give advice on this, but one of my resolutions last year was to NOT SAY YES to something unless I ABSOLUTELY WANTED TO DO IT. I got overwhelmed last year by saying "yes" to everything because I'm a pleaser. Like: "Play group? Of course!" Want to meet for writing group? "Sure, I can squeeze it in!" Meet for lunch? "Uh, I really need to clean house but sure!"

I was burnt out by July. I was getting sick. And crabby. And it wasn't working trying to do things in my heart I didn't want to do.

So I started saying no. Not to everything, of course, but I started making sure not every weekend was filled in advance. And guess what? My friends are still my friends. Nothing changed, except I wasn't crazed anymore.

In fact, I turned down a New Year's Eve party tomorrow because I just wanted a quiet evening at home, like you, with my family.

So if I were you, I'd say no. Your heart isn't in it at all. And after the season you've had, your friends will miss you, but they will understand.

There's my .02 cents!!
:) Wendy

Seriously, Ellie, I'm with Wendy here..if you're heart isn't in it, you won't enjoy yourself..you need this time with family, it's not as if you'll never see them again...you've gone through alot this year, if DH isn't aware of that, you need to make him aware of it. I was so frustrated after we had my mom over Christmas Eve, I let it affect me the next few days after..I actually had to pop a Xanax to get myself grounded again, I learned a lesson about ignoring my feelings...don't ignore yours!

Jerry makes a really good point--don't ignore your feelings! Listen to your body AND mind!!

See, Ellie? Not only are we about physical health here on the Peeps board, but MENTAL HEALTH as well!!! :)

I Love my PEEPS!!!!!

And you all obviously know that I need my mental health help too. Not the least bit ashamed of it!!!! THANK YOU

If the party was next week or even Saturday I would be happy to go, but this cuts my week in half and then sooooo shortens my vacation. Now, i don't work so you're probably thinking VACATION!!!! But since DH travels so much and I have 2 small children with health problems, I get very little time off. I NEVER have a drink or go out with friends at night for fear that one of the boys will get sick and I'll have to go to the hospital with alcohol on my breath. Or God forbid I had to drive them somewhere. So my relax time is early evening after they go to bed. I check on my Peeps and read books and watch House re-runs. Then I go to bed early because they are up at 5am.

Thanks for listening and helping.
ellie

Ellie, I'm with everyone else...don't go if you're really not up to it. If you let yourself get too worn out, it will manifest itself physically. I'm sure your friends will understand. And no, being a stay at home mom is NOT a vacation, especially when they have health issues! And you obviously have your priorities straight. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy yourself. Personally, I'm looking forward to a nice quiet night (plus, I am incapable of staying up till midnight! LOL).

Well Peeps, no workout for me today. I am so very tired that I just didn't have it in me. I planned on taking a nap but was too busy. Tonight we're going out to a local mexican restaurant and then I hope to have a cup of sleepytime tea and go to bed early. My mom is going home tomorrow and then I can get back to normal life. On a good note, I did happen to get a new microwave today! Hurray!

Have a great night everyone!

I'm with everyone else too Ellie! Just like I had to do (even as guilt ridden as I was about DH's office Christmas Party!) Sure he was a little peaved for a few minutes, but I just didn't give in... Your DH is used to being on the road all the time and probably doesn't think anything about doing it some more! but like you said, you get very little time to think and do things for yourself...

What would he do if you just simply didn't go? Tell him to go without you.. bet he won't!

You have already had a horrible month long cold/flu and as you mentioned a winter full of terrible tragedies... I'd be huddled on the couch, coco and marshmallows, some good movies (House re-runs also do nicely!) and go into a coma!

hope it works out! keep us posted! Hey... do you think we could take him? There are more of us than him, so he is technically outnumbered!

hugs,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.