Peeps Tues Feb 10

pwmatt

Cathlete
Morning all.

I'm feeling a little stressed these idays. I've taken on a few too many things with not enough time to do them. I wanted to spend some time last night checking out some eating sites - fitday, etc , but I didn't get home until after 8:30. I hadn't been home form work yet, eaten dinner, or seen the family. All i could think about was that I had to get to bed and get ready to start all over again! So, at 8:45 last night, I was eating cereal for dinner! Not the healthies choice in the world, but I needed something quick.

Well, I could ramble on but I wont. LM is my plan today. I'm hoping the cardio will relieve my stress.:)

Welcome to the check in dss62467.:) Yes, we do need a name for you!

Good Morning Peeps !

Sorry Phyllis about your stressful days lately !!! Cardio can be helpful, so I hope it does the job this morning and you feel a little better when you are done .:)

I've been up since 3.......I had 2 nights of good sleep in a row over the weekend, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the insomnia is back.:(

I went through 5 more boxes yesterday, so progress is continuing !!:p

Today is cardio for me too and I'm thinking some TM time !

Welcome new PEEP !

Happy Tuesday Everyone !

Becky

Good Morning Phyllis, Becky & the Peeps that follow

Phyllis
sending you big hugs as I can relate to those feelings of being overextended very well ... sorry you are dealing w/ it all and hoping you can figure it out. Just take care of yourself 1st and the rest will eventually follow; well that's what I tell myself & it usually works :eek: I agree w/ Becky about the cardio maybe that's why I love my TM runs so much. Enjoy LM :)

Becky
oh man Becky I'm so sorry that you get so little sleep .... as I've mentioned many times before I am in awe of you that you can function because I couldn't.

Welcome to the new Peep :)

Well today is a TM run I'm thinking CCv.7 and ETK day 1 I'm repeating the 1st week again since last week was fizzled out w/ car troubles and all around life lol

Take care all & be well :)

picture.php

Good morning Peeps,

Tough night for me too, DH was irritable and restless which makes for a stressful night, yuk!:mad:

Today was ME, and I really like this workout, but answer me this, why all the leg presses?? I really think the last set could go away, and she could have done some inner thigh work. Otherwise, a decent morning so far.

Have a great day.

Conni, i agree. Those leg presses are horrible!:(

Becky, what's with the boxes. I think I missed something, but I guess that you are decluttering?

Vilma, yes the cardio did indeed help. That, coupled with venting to you ladies and also to my DDs helped immensely!:D The endorphins are flying and things don't feel so bad at the moment.

Good Morning Peeps

Phyllis- I totally get the over extended thing. Sometimes I do it to myself, but often things just get out of control. I get frazzled and manic during those times. I do get relief with a steady state cardio. I hope you can enjoy your day.

Becky- I don't know how you do it either. This PEEP needs SLEEP. I just can't function well without it. Having 2 little ones makes it hard sometimes as they wake up VERY early and are on the go all day!!!! By 8pm I am ready for bed
How are you able to workout with such little sleep??? Are you menopausal? My peri-menopause had lots of sleepness nights, FRUSTRATING!!!!

Vilma- enjoy your TM day. I really need to put mine back in a useful place. It's in the garage right now and it has just been way too cold to do it. But, I do miss a good run. I don't run outside because I have the boys, but I can get a good garage w/o while they are playing.

Hope all Peeps have a good day!!!!

Jerry- are we starting today??? Drill Max or BM2. I vote DM

ellie

Good morning Peeps :)

This morning I was reminded why I don't do power yoga regularly, even though I really love it...my right shoulder is bothering me a tad. And that's with modifying some of the vinyasas to reduce stress on my shoulder! Had I not done that, I would be in a world of hurt this morning! It doesn't hurt, but certain movements remind me that it doesn't like power yoga :(.

I got sidetracked this morning and was short on time, so I did Tae Bo Cardio Circuit 1. I think I would have been better off doing KPC's cardio conditioning drills. But that's okay...my abs got a great workout this morning!

I'm off to get ready for work now, I'll try to BBL for personals. BTW, DM and BC/ME are on their way! As long as the post office doesn't lose them (they just lost a bill payment last month...we had to pay it again and will have to pay $15 for a money order refund!) I should have them in a few days.

Good morning, Peeps!!

Ellie..I was a little under the weather the last couple days, so I will do DM starting tomorrow, I'm going to go to the gym today for just some regular cardio work.

Jill...I applaud your yoga efforts, I have several yoga DVD's, I cannot bring myself to do them on a regular basis, main reason being I don't feel all that great when finished, I sometimes feel worse than when I started.

Phyllis...Cardio is my ultimate de-stresser, especially with my Ipod, I can block the world out for an hour and just concentrate on sweating it out!

Hi to all other peeps, and welcome to our newest peep.

Hope to BBL.

I'm back after 30 minutes of run/walk intervals on the TM and a good stretch !

Phyllis, we are cleaning out the attic ! We have emptied over 20 storage bins so far, mostly of clothes, and books !!!! The work continues today!

Ellie, I guess I am in peri-menopause?? My dr. says since I only have occasional night sweats and no real other symptoms, the insomnia isn't caused by that though. Also , I've been dealing with the insomnia for many years now .
I don't really THRIVE , don't feel like myself, full of energy , like I used to when I sleep so little.............BELIEVE ME !
But I also can't allow my life to stop and just lay on the couch all day. It's lasted so long already, I would have missed so much !!!
I believe that exercising in the morning probably HELPS me make it through the day, but after days and days on end of so little sleep, I DO get frazzled and grumpy and don't like the way I feel, believe me !! When I finally sleep all night (which is usually just a couple of nights a month) it feels like HEAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I am a morning person anyway.....and I'm surprised but even with so little sleep, most days I DO have energy and feel pretty good in the morning but by afternoon it's another story. I usually can't nap......but feel very drained and lethargic .:confused:
WHO KNOWS?? None of my dr.s have figured it out, and I sure as heck can't .:confused: So all I can do is make the best of it.
This morning I got up and watched a few shows I had taped.

Anyway, it's supposed to be 64 here today ! If the rain stops, I will walk this evening with DH !!!!

Becky

Jerry- I can wait until tomorrow for DM. I am really tired today and could use NAPMAX but Sean is raring to go.
Gonna have to do the toothpicks in eyes like Fred Flintstone!!!!

Becky- i admire your patience. i would have strangled the Dr. by now if he hadn't helped me. I get between 6 an 7 solid hours a night. But that is after the past 7 years of little to no sleep because my kids have health issues. I try to savor every moment now. And DS 5 FINALLY sleeps thru the night!!!

Conni- ME kills me!!! i save that for a day when I need total stress relief. Because I yell at Cathe the whole time. It really gets my frustrations out!!!

Jill- your shoulder is still bothering you? Bummer. At least you got your w/o in today, I am feeling a little lazy and might wait until later tonight or even tomorrow!!!!

Have fun Peeps

Ellie, it's not patience, believe me. It's resignation !
I drove my doctors CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When one thing didn't work, I'd be on the phone or back at the office asking WHAT NOW ??????????????? I CANNOT GO ON LIKE THIS !!!!!!
For a while I couldn't fall asleep and was getting NO sleep for nights in a row and I was close to losing my mind. I'm sure they were sick of me ! But all that and they really never did help. ALL sent me home with samples, or prescriptions for sleeping pills and nothing else. One sent me home with a CASE of lunesta . A CASE . He just handed it to me, no charge, nothing. I think he just didn't want to hear me complain again !
I made it clear I was NOT wanting pills, I was wanting answers and help but that's not what I got.
I've just come to the realization that I'm going to have to go through this on my own unless I want to take a sleeping pill every night for the rest of my life . Ughhhhhhhh!! :mad:

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

This morning I did High Step Circuit and Total Body Stretching Basic Stretching segment. I'm feeling so good!!

Jerry & Ellie--I'm going to do DM this week as well, but later in the week. I felt like kicking off the workout week with my beloved high step. :)

Conni--How are you doing? I know how worried and stressed out you are, having been in the same club. Please keep your faith and remember, you can only control what is in your hands. (That kept me going when DH was laid off last year.)

Phyllis--Have you ever done High Step Training? Five cycles of leg presses. In cycle number four, you do them TWICE. By that point, I'm asking Cathe, "WHY? WHY CATHE? WHY MORE?" But I do them, even though I hate them, and then two weeks ago someone here in the office asked if I had new jeans. I did not! So I asked a female friend to "check" me out and she said, "Your butt is better. Lifted." So leg presses are evil but they work!!!

:) Wendy

I ended up with no w/o today

Too much other stuff going on with the boys and life and friends and stuff
And I am tired.
I am on for Drill Max tomorrow!!!!

Night-night Peeps

ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.