PEEPS Thurs Feb 12

pwmatt

Cathlete
The week is almost over.:)

Today will start with CK for me. As you know I'm not a KB fan, but this one is OK.

Becky, I admit 30 sec isn't a lot of time to do all the things you mentioned. It's all about being prepared. I have my weights laid out ahead of time as sometimes I need odd weight sizes that require the use of my paceweights( the magnetic 0.5 weights) It certainly makes the WO move quickly.

Ellie, I don't know that one can ever be prepared for STS. I think you should just order it so that you CAN get the upper body strength you need instead of trying to gain the strength first. That's what STS is for.

Wendy, did you have a tornado?

Chrissy, that was a ton of cardio that you had on tap ! Yikes! I love cardio, but WOW!

Jer, how's DM going?

A shout out to anyone I'm forgetting!:)

Good morning Peeps! No workout for me yesterday, and I'm a bit tired today so I'm going to take it easy and do my Crunch: Super Slimdown Yoga Pilates Blend. I can do it barefoot :D.

I ordered BC/ME and Drill Max, but I am rethinking my choice with DM. I previewed it some more and don't know if I would do it much...it looks like more of an intense workout that I don't always like to do. I like a good workout, but I don't like super intense ones, if you know what I mean. Whether it's because I'm not in good enough shape to do them right now, if I'm afraid they will kill my knees (even if I modify), or whether I just don't want to work that hard...laziness perhaps? Okay, so I need you folks to talk me into keeping it. It probably won't be hard to do that, but I'd really like to hear why you like that workout so much! And tell me more about Boot Camp if you can, too.

Hi Peeps !:)

I'm grateful to be on this morning ! The storms tore through here, with very high winds, knocking out our power last night . We still were in the dark (and COLD) this morning ! We were starting a fire in the fireplace and I was trying to figure out what I was going to do all day w/o power, when it came back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOY! You miss electricity (especially HEAT) when you don't have it !!!:eek:

I haven't chosen my workout yet, but think it will include abs and pullups.....THAT won't take long ! :eek::p;) So I'll add more weight or cardio. I just don't know. I'm GLAD I am starting STS Monday because I need DIRECTION! I feel like I'm just floundering around and not doing the best workouts .:(
Thanks for the tips of lining up all the weights before hand Phyllis. I feel like I'll need all the help I can get !!

Have a good one !
Is it Friday yet ????? ha

Becky

Hi all peeps,

Coloradomama - I am not a fan of DM, it just didn't click with me. I love BC, it really flies by and still kicks your butt. You can always modify the higher impact cardio portions, but you move so quickly you can just feel the improvements to your body!

Today was circuit - I did Kelly's Cardio Sculpt, fun kickboxing and sculpting!!

Windy out there, gust of 60 mph at some points, blew our gas grill right over!

Jill, I'm not the greatest fan of either BC or DM. However, I do like the DM premixes. So, yes, I think it's worth the purchase. There are certain drills I like and some I don't. Given a choice, I won't reach for it.

We have wind here too - trash cans are all over the place! Going over the bridge this morning should be interesting. I travel the Delaware Memorial Bridge every day to work - have been for 23 years! So, I am used to quirky weather conditions when traveling it.

The wind!!! it is gusting to over 50 mph here. Kinda scares me. But then again what doesn't????

I am still undecided about starting STS because I don't know if I'll be wasting my time. I need upper body work desperately. Do you guys think I should start with supersets or gym styles before I jump to STS??? I really don't know

Conni and Jill- I like DM but I can see wht some people wouldn't. And I do modify some parts. It's a tough one that's for sure
Conni- how are things with you???? Any good news yet???
I do BC from 4DS but the origional BC KILLS me!!!!

Jill and BeckyI am trying to beat the lazy's too. And I've been floundering as well. I wake up and just pick a DVD I feel like doing. I need to follow a rotation or something. Something to keep me accountable. I've checked out some rotations but they are way hard. Maybe I'll do a search today and find one that includes the DVD's I have. I don't need to purchase anymore!!!!!

Phyllis- you are such a dynamo!!!! How do you find the time to do all this and work and take care of family. I have superwoman envy!!!! Can I borrow your cape????

Chrissy- you too girl, I couldn't do 5-6 days of cardio. I would fall over. Are you mixing it now with STS???

Hi to all Peeps
BBL
ellie

Good Morning, Peeps!

Today will be a DM premix...most likely Scrambled Cardio Blast. Yesterday, I was very impressed with how much I liked Supersets, the only reason I had purchased this one was so I could follow along with a Cathe rotation several months ago..the variety was just what I needed!!

Ellie...you need to check the clips out for Supersets!!

Jill...WTG on KPC...I'm in agreement with Phyllis on DM..I love the premixes, have only done the entire workout once or twice, it was killer!! As you know, I need to modify alot, I still get a great cardio workout with DM's premixes!

Conni...Love BC as well!!

Becky...our house is all electric, DW and I run around like chickens with our heads cut off as soon as the power goes out for any amount of time!! You'll be doing STS along with Cathe, that's awesome!!

Phyllis...you put me to shame, almost...where do you find the energy, like Ellie said...I have no kids, am off work until April..and I still can't bring myself to do the stuff around the house I promised I would!! WTG with STS..hope to catch you at a Tri-Stater event soon!!

BBL

PDC

OK...46 minutes of uplifting cardio hell known as DM Scrambled Cardio Blast completed. I was so happy when we got up to drill #6 because I knew from doing the workout in it's entirety before that that was it...VICTORY!!! Until I remembered the name of the premix...SCRAMBLED!!! I fully expected to see Cathe's smiling face telling me it was time for a cool down...but no..WE WENT BACK TO DRILL 5!!!! Leaps and Bounds!!..oh, the obscenities that woman can cause to come out of my mouth!!!!!!!
All's good, though..I felt great when finished!

I just placed my order for SuperSets!!!!

I WILL get this upper body in shape. Especially with a pending RT!!! That news totally made my day. So much so that when I pick DS up from school I am going to w/o. I usually am a morning exerciser, but this caused a little "LET'S GO ELLIE" attitude.

Wish me luck
PS We have tress and power lines down around here. YIKES!!!!
ellie

OMG!!! I just now figured out how to change fonts and put in smilies and colors. It was an option. DUH!!!!:rolleyes::eek::p

I never understood how people did that. :eek:

OMG!!! I just now figured out how to change fonts and put in smilies and colors. It was an option. DUH!!!!:rolleyes::eek::p

I never understood how people did that. :eek:

Too funny Chrissy!!!!!

I loved the way you showed us your new accomplishments!!! :D:D:D:D

enjoy
ellie

Aw gee, I don't FEEL like superwoman, but THANKS for the compliment!:eek:

I guess it's all a matter of priorities. I certainly don't have the neatest house on the block but it can't be too bad as the kids and their friend like to hang out here.:D I had a little bit of a meltdown earlier in the week as I felt too overextended.But, I think even if I had all the time in the world, by house would still be a mess.:rolleyes: It's just my crazy personality!

Well, it's almost bed time. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! AKA FRIEDay

Jerry- what do you do that you have off until April?

chrissy

Chrissy...

I work seasonally as a hotel desk clerk in Cape May, NJ..our season runs from April thru New Years' Eve. This will be my 7th year at the hotel.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.