Peeps, Peeps, Peeps!!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps!!!

We got the heat turned on in time for Jerry and DW to visit. We all had a very nice chat and laughed and ate (oops). My DH said, wow everyone I have met from your cathe people have been soooo nice.

Today we are taking the boys and my niece bike riding up on the deserted boardwalk and then playing some games outside!!! Of course today it's gonna be 65 degrees, couldn't have been yesterday right!!!!

Our beach house is hoppin' this morning. The boys were up at 5 as usual and have enough energy for all of us. I fell asleep at 7:30 on the couch last night. And I slept hard. These past weeks were exhausting. I am really looking forward to some down time. And today I am setting my exercise and nutrition plans for the new year. I just can't start right now. Unless you count
rinsing off the cookies i dropped on the floor as Clean eating!!!!

BBL for personals
Hope everyone has a great day
ellie

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

No workout for me today. Off day before the big "Peep Circuit Rotation" begins tomorrow. I can't wait to get started. I'm back in the office tomorrow, which means better eating--I can't just sit and graze like I do when I'm at home. And even though someone always brings cookies, fugdge, toffee, etc. I have tons of college basketball work to do so I will focus on that instead of what is left in the breakroom!!

Houdini and I will be off to the grocery store this morning, then we need to do massive CLEAN MAX today. I didn't get to do Clean Max yesterday because she never took a nap!! The kid just talked to herself for 30 minutes when I put her down so I just let her get up...but she was so tired she crashed at 8PM (her bedtime is 9PM--she's a night owl.) She's still sleeping right now...

Oh! And Houdini can join our coffee club. When she sees me with a coffee cup, she says "Coffee?" and I let her have a sip to satisfy her curiosity, thinking she wouldn't like it...but she LOVES it. DH gave her a sip yesterday, she went off and played for a bit, then came back to him and said, "More Coffee!" We both burst out laughing. I suppose she'll want a Starbucks gift card next Christmas in her stocking....HA!

Ellie--I bet you did sleep hard!! You have been so busy the past two weeks!!! Today sounds like it will be loads of fun, enjoy it!! LOL your idea on clean eating!!!

:) Wendy

Hey Peeps!

I'm have a HUGE food hangover! We didn't eat much yesterday so last night I was SO hungry by the time we got to the restaurant that I scarfed down everything! 2 rolls (little garlic salt, butter topped gems!), calimari with yummy green olive relish and tomato sauce, a sampler of a pulled pork puff pastery with a raspberry glaze sauce, then on to Nervana! I had the Filet, DH had Ribeye, and sides were: roasted garlic smashed potatos, augratin potatos, garlic sauteed mushrooms and side of bernaise (sp?) sauce! OMG! I think I'll be full for a month! I only ate half of my steak because I was so frickin' full from the bread and appetizers, but the steak was really melt in your mouth!

traffic was a HUGE mess, of course for a Saturday night, and it's a good thing that we left 2 hours early, but it was a nice outing overall!

Ellie: So glad you were able to get some rest! your day sounds fabulous! Have a wonderful time with your family! Nice that it will be so warm! I've also been thinking about how I am going to be changing up my eating habits and what my exercise program will be (not sure I'm ready for the entire year, though!LOL) I also think I'll pass on your kind of clean eating! You have been hanging out with 2 boys WAY too long! the 3 second rule does NOT apply to everything! and don't cookies get soggy when you wash them off? HA! :p How long will you get to be at the shore house? Hopefully you aren't rushing back today! Glad you guys were able to meet Jerry & DW! Someday I hope it will be me who will be meeting up with you and other peeps! I'm seriously considering trying to get to the next road trip if Cathe has one this summer... I'm dreaming of it anyway!

Wendy: I'm with you on CleanMax today... our house is so chaotic right now, nothing is in it's proper place... today will definately be focused on getting reorganized... and OMG Wendy on the coffee thing! Yeah, just what you need is a caffinated Houdini running around! HA! My gramma always said that it would "stunt my growth" and apparently she was right... I used to sip my nana's coffee when I was a kid too! :) I'm sure that is only an old wives tail though! but I'm only 5' tall, and my mom and her side of the family were 5' 9" to 6' 2" and my dad was 5'7" so I'm not sure how I got so lucky/short! HAD to be the coffee right? LOL! Maybe that's one way to stunt her growth! just kidding!

will definately BBL to catch up, somewhere between the laundry and scrubbing the tile floors and vacuuming! I'm sure the rush will wear off soon or later! and I'm sure that while I post this, someone else is fevorishly posting a response too!

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Ellis, how wonderful that your family and Jerry's were able to get together! Yea, it's warm here but it's cloudy.:( That's OK though, I'll take the warm any way I can get it!

Wendy, that's funny about Houdini and the coffee!:) I've been a coffee drinker since I was little too and I'm only 5'2ish(on a good day).What is the circuit rotation that you are talking about?

Dani, your meal sounds awesome! Did you have bday cake for DH too? I agree with Ellie. I'll tidy up the eating after the holiday season is done!

DH had a wonderful time at "A Chorus Line" . The show was almost identical to the one I saw years ago. They didn't throw in any modern day references and the clothes(not that they wear much) were 70ish. It was delightful! Now, I'm going to tackle IM3. Wish me luck!!

Good morning! Another crazy day here! Yesterday we went down to Denver to celebrate Christmas with DH's dad & stepmom (they are so much fun!). We visited at their house for a little bit and then went out to eat at Outback. I had grilled shrimp with wild rice, grilled pineapple, and a sweet potato with the 'goodies' on the side so I didn't have it swimming in sugar. And, to top it off...NO DESSERT!! Now, anyone that knows me knows that I will actually look at the dessert menu first and then decide what to eat based on what kind of dessert I'm having. But I think that I was still in sugar overload from sampling some of the things I made over the last couple of days.

Today we're going to Denver again to celebrate with DH's mom's side of the family. There will be about 18 of us there with a big holiday meal and plenty of goodies. I'll enjoy it but won't go overboard. Then tonight my mom is coming into town for a couple of days. Craziness!!

Ellie - I'm glad you had a good time with Jerry and Diane. They are the nicest people and I loved being able to visit with them when I would visit my grandparents before they died. They actually lived about 5 minutes from him!

Wendy - My 9yo daughter has decided that she wants to drink coffee now...she says she likes it. But if she does, it's decaf all the way for her! LOL

I'm off to get ready for our day and I doubt I'll be back today unless my mom's not here by the time we get back from Denver. Have a great day everyone!! I'm looking forward to the first day of the circuit rotation tomorrow...what's everyone planning on doing? I was thinking of trying the kickboxing/strength circuit from KPC/LG...I've never done that one. In fact, I've never done all of KPC and none of LG so it should be fun to do a totally new workout!

What is the circuit rotation that you are talking about?

Phyllis, Jerry suggested a circuit rotation to start tomorrow. It will be 2 days of circuits, 1 day total body weights, 2 days of cardio, and 1 day of yoga. It should be a great rotation!!

Good afternoon!!

Taking a break from playing with my new Ipod Shuffle..(can't believe how tiny it is!)..Santa was quite good to me!

Ellie..thank you so much for the hospitality, really enjoyed meeting DH, as did Diane...and I agree, these Cathe people are indeed the nicest!

Jill..It is a crime to go to Outback and not order steak, shame on you...1,000 stiff leg pushups...you may begin anytime as punishment.

Wendy...go Cowboys today, I want Andy Reid fired, the Cowboys clinching a playoff berth on the Eagles homefield could aid that cause!

Phyllis..(and other peeps interested)..yes, Jill is correct..starting tomorrow...2 days circuits, 2 days cardio, 1 total body day, one day yoga/stretching, rest day, can be done in any order...I'm thinking KPC for tomorrow...my "go-to" workout!

Dani...mmmm, Filet...a woman after my own heart..you go, girl...Seriously, my body is revolting against me, today is my last day of gluttony, as we are headed off to Diane's cousins later to watch football and eat wings!

Have a great day!

Happy Sunday Peeps:

I just got back from taking the dog for a walk (sans booties) and I'm lucky I made it back home without falling. The path was fine until I hit a shady spot and it was all ice. Had to tip-toe alot or I'd be on my @ss.

This morning I made the meatballs and added them along with hot italian sausage to my sauce. It smells great and the sauce tastes good so far. I'll let you know what my mother thinks;)

Ellie~ Glad to hear you are warming up. Have fun with your games and bike ride.

Wendy~ What kind of work do you do? My DS is a huge college & pro basketball fan. Tell Houdini she can join our coffee club anytime;)

Dani~ OK...I sipped coffee when I was younger and I'm only 5' 3/4":confused: Darn it! Actually, I will inform my "older" sister (who is 5'9") that Mom did NOT drop me and stunted my growth...it was the coffee! LOL:D Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner last night.

Phyllis~ Good luck with Imax3. I did that one a couple weeks ago and tripped twice:confused: First on those darn straddle taps then on the jumping jacks on/off the step. Let us know how you do.

Jill~ Have fun with all your family celebrations and your moms visit.

Waves to all peeps who follow:)

JJ

Just peepin' by!

I'm up for KPC tomorrow! I love that workout also Jerry!

Ok, lets get a bit more structured here though... can't do two cardio, two circuits, etc in a row... so since some are going with KCP tomorrow, how about this; (OK, using all 6 brain cells on a weekend on this one)

Monday: Cardio: KPC or other Kickboxing workout (KickMax, TaeBo, etc)
Tuesday: Circuit:
Wednesday: Cardio:
Thursday: Total Body:
Friday: yoga/stretching
Saturday: Circuit:
sunday: REST

Ok, so I'm not exactly sure what is considered the difference between Circuits and total body... so might need some help on differentiating between these for the week! :)

What do you think? if anyone has any tweeking please feel free...

Hi Phyllis: no, we were SO full by the time dessert rolled around that we didn't want to even think about dessert... I had notified them ahead of time when I made the reservation that it was DH's birthday, so several times through the dinner one of the waite staff would wish him a Happy B-day... and when he got up to use the little boys room, the lead server came by and said that although they didn't have the german chocolate cake I had inquired about, they would bring something with a candle... sure enough, even though we didn't order off the dessert menu, she brought out a small serving of the chocolate sorbet with a candle! he was thrilled! :) So glad you guys enjoyed your production and sounds like so much fun! I also dislike when newer productions try to "embellish" or add "new and improved" stuff into proven classics! glad it was what you invisioned!

Jill: Good Grief you are STILL a busy girl! I'd have dropped from exhaustion days ago on your schedule... all that family and gatherings would have been sensory overload for me! I/we are loners for the most part so have sorta enjoyed the Holiday without all the family committments, but I do have to say that being so far away from family it is hard... Is it possible for them to be close, but not too close?! LOL!!! I couldn't do with my mother living next door!

Jerry: Boy, am I glad I ordered steak... although with a few exceptions, what else do you get at a steakhouse? LOL! but then again, Jill managed it! HA! :) I (like Wendy) will be suffering through the Dallas game and hoping for the best... but only because I want to keep the peace in my household and DH is definately a die-hard Dallas fan! and I'm with you on the end of the gluttony! I am still full from last night... thinking a nice salad might be in order tonite...

JJ: LOL on you and your sister! There is too much hypothetical evidence that it is the coffee that has made us so short, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it too! I'm sure there was a little 4'-9" little Italian woman somewhere in my genetic history, but ya never know! Be careful on your walks! don't want you to fall on the ice either! I'm challenged on carpet though so I guess I should take my own advice! those darn invisible wrinkles! Just never know when they are going to reach out and grab ya!

Hugs to Vilma, Karin, Heather and any other Peep that checks in today :)

Last edited:
OK, so I answered my own question

Here's what I found on Cathe.com's Ultimate guide:

Circuit workouts are:
Step, jump & pump
Cross Train Xpress - Power Circuit
High Step Challenge
Boot Camp
Cardio & weights
Drill Max Latest
Low Impact Circuit Latest
Body Fusion
Circuit Max
High Step Circuit
High Step Training

Total Bodies:
Push pull
Supersets
Muscle Max
Muscle Endurance
Maximum Intensity Strength
Power Hour
Total Body Sculpting

Cathe's cardio:
Kick, Punch & Crunch
Cross Train Xpress - 10-10-10
Cross Train Xpress - Kickbox
Kick Max
Cardio Fusion
Cardio Kicks
Maximum Intensity Cardio
Any Step workouts for the most part...

that helps me a good deal, so hope it will help some others who were wondering :)

Last edited:
I still can't get warm PEEPS!!!

It was NO 65 degrees here today, and we had a major ocen breeze- wll more like ocean wind!!!!! Another day of PEEPSICLES!!!

We took the kids down to the playground on the beach this morning, then we rested for awhile. Then we all went bowling because it was still so cold and windy. By the time we got back it was warmer and the sun was out, so with 3 sweatshirts on I played outside with the kids. We ried the ripstick and the roller blades. Does that count as a calorie burner???

I am psyched for tomorrow!!! I can't wait to start a rotation. And since it's with my PEEPS, I must keep up!!!

Dani- thanks for the info. I always got circuits and intervals confused!!! And now I am much versed in all the workouts!!!
I hope DH enjoyed his birthday!!! And that meal sounds WONDERFUL!!
Let me know how your w/o goes tomorrow. AND NO PREMIXES!!!

Jill- Your parties sound like mine last week!!! I was sooooo tired afterwards and I was glad that Christmas only comes once a year. We both have big families so it makes for a lot of places to go!!! Enjoy your family and then get some rest. I loved having Jerry and Diane here. I was shopping and lunching with them 2 weeks ago. They are just sooooo fun to be with.

Wendy- Houdini is a girl after my own heart!!! I LOVE my coffee!!! My DS has to drink a 1/4 cup everyday for his cardiac problems and he loves it too. And since he's in the 90th percentile, I wouldn't worry about stunting any growth. I cleaned my house before I left for the beach. But now I'll have to pack up and clean the beach house, then unpack when I get home. It just never ends
Any good crockpot recipes for me??? DH will be travelling most of Jan so it's just me and the boys, I need easy and small.

JJ- one of all time favorite things is homemade meatballs and sauce!!! Coming from a big Irish family, we never had that. But my Italian friends- ooooh, I loved going to their houses for dinner. My one BIL makes his own and freezes it for me. It's sooooo good.
Enjoy your walks, but be careful.

Jerry- great idea for rotation. Can't wait to go. Tell DW hello.

Hi To ALL PEEPS who follow
Hope everyone is rested up
ellie

OK, just did a major session of Clean Max: countertops scrubbed, laundry done and folded, living room and master bedroom dusted, bathrooms scrubbed and dusted, dinner cooked, stuff put away, stuff filed...I will get to vaccuming tomorrow! (The house is such a pit that I couldn't get to everything in a two-hour cleaning marathon...UGH!)

Ellie--UGH, stay warm! I have a good pot roast recipe that is done in the crock pot if you want it--let me know! I also have a super easy pasta dish that you do in basically two pots, really easy. I'll look that one up and post tomorrow. Oh, and since Houdini only sips one or two sips on a Sunday, I won't worry about her falling off the growth chart, LOL!

Jerry--WHAT happened today????? Tony Romo is NO Jedi! He was HORRIBLE. I guarantee you Wade Phillips is gone...People down here want Bill Cowher (sp?), the former Steelers coach...But Jerry paid all this money to Jason Garrett, offensive coordinator, to keep him here as coach in waiting...but after seeing how badly that offense ran today, I don't think we want that...DRAMA!!

Dani--Your dinner sounds awesome! That's too bad about Bobby Flay's restaurant--that was on my hit list...I love steak, too! Nothing is better than a medium-rare steak!!!! YUM!!

JJ--How did the spaghetti sauce turn out? If you have a good recipe, I'd loooooooooove to have it. :) Oh, you asked where I worked--I work for a sports TV network. I'm the travel coordinator, so I get producers/directors/production crews where they need to be for live events. We've all worked together a long time, so we're like a big family. I love my job because like your DS, I love sports!! And I get paid to think about it, talk about it, and keep up with it!!

Tomorrow I have Boot Camp on my schedule--can't wait to get to circuit tomorrow!!

:) Wendy

Hey Wendy: I certainly fell on my face with my version of CleanMax! nothing like what you managed to accomplish! definately a workout in itself! I just need to do it on New Years Eve... I have Wed/Thurs and maybe taking Friday off this week then the weekend... I thought we had thurs/fri off so I made a bunch of girlie appts, h/c, mani/pedi... maybe a massage... so will have to hope that my boss will be OK with me taking it... if not, no biggie.. just have to wait a few days more!

NO Joke on the Cowboys... Romo certainly got a little roughed up didn't he? I think I lost count on all the interceptions and touchdowns... I'm not a big Eagles fan either though... oh well... I agree that Phillips has GOT to go... didn't care for Parcells much either though... Our head coach for the Seahawks, Holmgren, just retired today too... it's a sad day in Seattle for my Seahawks...

Ellie; I PROMISE, NO PREMIXES unless they are preplanned and scheduled as such! :eek: what are you going to do for your workout tomorrow?

nite nite Peeps... see ya in the morning!

Peeps:

I just had to share that I had my parents over for dinner and they raved about the spaghetti:D Of course they love me and would say it was good even if it wasn't BUT it really was good! I'm not a very confident cook but I pulled this one off.

Wendy~ Wow... you have a cool job! I would love to do that;) I could give you our secret family recipe for my mom's spaghetti but then I'd have to kill you:eek: Just kidding!! It took me 25+ years to get my mom to give it up to me.

Ellie~ I bet you burned a bunch of calories today just trying to keep your body warm;)

Dani~ I'd love to join you on Friday with some girlie appts. but I'm thinking I might be a wee bit hung over:confused: We always have a new years eve party here with family & friends and usually the next day I'm moving kinda slow.

Good luck to all the peeps taking on the circuit rotation tomorrow. I'll be doing my kettlebells:)

JJ

I'm peepin' in late from under a pile of tissues and Halls wrappers :confused:. I am feeling pretty cruddy but still have to do all the holiday festivity stuff. I'm so over the holidays.

More tomorrow...

oh, Karin... I'm SO sorry... that's gonna SUCK on the way home! Hope you don't have to fly very soon... sending hugs and lots of Halls and tissues your way (the kind with Lotion!) :)

JJ: congrats on your meal!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.