PEEPS Mon Feb 9

pwmatt

Cathlete
G'morning all!

Moday rolls around all too quickly.:(It's going to be a busy week and I feel like I'm behind already! It was a busy weekend and I didn't get alot of the routine stuff done. So That stuff will need to happen during the week.

I'm doing STS disc 4 today - chest, shldrs and tris.

Have a great day!

Gayle, Happy Belated Birthday!!:D

Elena, I wouldn't stress about the lack of doms. You have plenty of time to be sore!!

Hi Peeps.

Today is a rest day for me. Legs and Glutes really hurt my legs and Glutes!!! After Cathe's class on Friday, rollerskating on Sat and L&G yesterday, I am toast!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The weekends do fly by don't they???

What is everyone doing today?
BTW- NOT ONE POUND!!!! I got one the scale this am and I am exactly the same. The only thing left to do--------- run over THIS scale!!!!

Have a great day
ellie

Good Morning Peeps !

Hi Phyllis & Ellie !

It sounds like everyone had a busy weekend ! Ellie , yours sounds very ACTIVE !! By all means, give those BUNS a break !!!;)

We spent yesterday cleaning out the attic ! It's a huge job and we've only just started. We've lived here almost 19 years and it shows ! Actually, I said yesterday that we look like a couple who's been married 60 years and never moved once !! We have TOO MUCH STUFF !!
So we are dragging everything out and going throught it. Yesterday we had four huge hefty bags for Goodwill and LOTS for the garbage !! We made a good dent in it !

Today I'll do STS testing and abs.
I'm starting with Cathe next Monday.
Yesterday I bought an Iron Gym for pushups !!! My son put it together for me and then proceeded to pound out 20 something ! I gave it a go and did THREE.:eek::eek: He said COME ON MOM, are you kidding ? That's not really all you can do ??????:eek::eek: uh. yeah.
It looks like I have work ahead of me .

Anyway, have a good Monday.

Becky

Good Morning!

Today's planned w/o will be a total body or circuit once again I 'll know which one when I get there ;)

Phyllis I feel like I'm always trying to catch up with all the things that I do over here. It never ends and when it slows down I love it ;)

Ellie Ah I've been checking my scale also lately at least I'm not gaining but I'm not losing either gahhh I'm at my goal weight but I really want to get back to my happy/vanity weight esp for the warmer weather.:eek:
I'll send my scale over to you so it can be run over also :p

Becky omg when you mentioned cleaning out your attic I actually had a panic attack. Since we plan on putting the house up for sale in 2010 after ds graduates from HS we seriously need to get moving on getting rid of stuff we no longer use, want or love.

Happy testing Becky ! :D

Well I just looked at the time and I need to get rolling outta here ....later Peeps!

picture.php

Peeps who are in need of de clutterring- come on over to declutter check-in for some hints and tips. A lot of us have too much STUFF and we are working on getting rid of it!!!

Vilma- I'll be happy to run over your scale too. Makes it more balanced on my tires to do 2 at once!!!! Seriously, why am I not losing weight??? It's driving me crazy. I am doing everything!!!! :mad::mad:

Becky- I still can not do push ups. I am such a lightweight with my upper body strength. Meaning- I don't have any!!!!
Have fun starting STS next week. I am soooo not there yet.

Phyllis- are you in for the 23rd??? I hope so.

ellie

OOPS!!! My mistake Ellie !!!!! The Iron Gym is for PULLUPS! I did three, which I was proud of, and then my son (big and buff ........doesn't work out but DOES do a job that requires a LOT of lifting) pounds out 20 Plus and he really thought I was joking ! :(

Time to work out . byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Becky- same thing!!! I couldn't do a PULL up if you paid me. I seriously need to work on the upper body!!! Which is why I am waiting to start STS until I can get some real benefit!!!!

ellie

Ellie, I think you would faint if you came to my house. It is such a cluttered mess. I have plans in my head but I never have the time. If some free time does come along, I'd rather do something fun!

I can't make it on the 23rd - maybe next time! :D

Becky, that is funny with your DS. Good for you with 3 pullups. I think that is wonderful! Is that attached to a door?

Off to work - BBl

Hi everyone,

Today was cardio day - I did Amy's ASC 3 and the Kettlebell core section.

Trying to stay upbeat about all the job stuff going on in our family now, it is hard to workout without it getting into my head, but I am trying to push it away, at least while I am working out!

48 degrees here today, I am looking forward to walking Sherman after work today!

becky- I wish I could do 3 pullups. I can't even do a 1/2 of one. I need to drop some weight before I could ever do any.

I did disc 4-shoulder, bis and chest on saturday. I am soooo sore today. I did the cardio/leg blast premix of drill max yesterday. That was tough. I am going to the gym today and do some low impact cardio.

After my first week of STS I gained 2 lbs ( and I don't think it is muscle either) I so desperately need to control my food intake. I took my son out to lunch to the cheesecake factory and then I got him a cinnabon. OMG!!! I wasn't going to get one and then smelling and seeing them. It was so good. (probably only about 1000 calories too!!!-yikes) no wonder I gained 2 lbs.

I do really like the program. I am getting good workouts and I am looking foward to doing them. I haven't really focused on weights in awhile.

Have a great day everyone.
chrissy

Okay, so I didn't do PP. My stomach and digestive system felt...inflamed. Something's bothering it, so I did power yoga instead. I did Power Yoga for Happiness' Daily Dose of Bliss mix (40 min). It was perfect!

Good morning, Peeps...

As far as a workout today, KPC later sounds good, I will begin DM tomorrow!

Jill..I love a woman who quotes one of the 3 Stooges!!!!

Ellie..once you begin STS, you'll be surprised at the weight loss..of course, part of that is a healthy diet, but strength training gives your metabolism a great boost!

As far as chin-ups go, not happening here, it's that simple!

Ellie...my house is alot like Phyllis'...lots of clutter, and, truth be told, I'd rather be doing something fun!!

Hope to check back later today!

I'm back after my workout.
I did a LOT of STS testing and KNOW I will be sore tomorrow !
I had some catch up to do. All of Disc one didn't save the first time I did it and I had to do it over . Now I am ALMOST done , thank goodness.
I still am having problems with the calender.

Phyllis, the Iron gym fits onto the top of the door frame but is NOT installed. You just set it up there and then take it down when you're done. My son is a big guy (not sure of his weight) and he didn't have any problems with it, so I know it will hold me . ha

Oh , I also did STS ab w/o equipment and really liked that one. I felt it got in good to all parts of the core !!

Now to go through boxes ! sigh.

Becky

Morning ladies....this is my first post in a check-in...EVER! I didn't do what I wanted to this weekend. I planned to do disc 3 of STS 1 on Saturday, then disc 4 on Sunday. Ended up having a really good TKD class on Saturday morning and was really busy the rest of the day with my dogs and didn't get around to STS.

So, yesterday, I planned to do disc 3...but wound up practicing the my new piano assignment. Once I get started, I usually don't stop until I feel I can go to my next lesson prepared. Sometimes that takes up a good 6 or 7 hours on the weekend (yeah...it's my obsession). Then what did I do the rest of the day? I took a nap and played Guitar Hero! The better choice would have been...take a nap, do STS THEN play Guitar Hero.

Today is a TKD day, so no Cathe until tomorrow. Somebody should text me at 6:00 tomorrow to make sure I don't slack off again! That's supposed to be my BF's job, but he's afraid I'll get mad and hinting he thinks my body needs work.

I ordered that Iron Gym. I was all excited to tell my BF about it, and then he pointed out the crappy job whomever hung my moulding did and that it won't support it. Oh well...time to get the hammer and nails out.

Chrissy,

I'm glad to hear how much you are enjoying STS. I start a week from today.
I'm nervous about the eating part too. I tend to eat a lot more when lifting heavy and I know I'll be lifting heavier than ever with STS !!!:eek::confused:
I'm not sure how to handle that.

I just made a heathy version of french toast and I SWEAR all I could think of eating it was that it tasted just like cinnabon. Here's the recipe just in case you want to give it a try :

Don't Get Fat French Toast

1 large egg plus 1 large egg white
3/4 c. canned fat-free evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
8 slices pepperidge farm raisin cinnamon swirl bread
1 tsp confectioners sugar
(I actually added cinnamon too)

In a wide bowl beat the egg and egg white with a fork until smooth. Stir in milk and vanilla.
Set a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot (about 2 minutes). Remove pan from heat and coat with Pam ; turn heat to medium and return pan to burner.
Dip the bread into the egg mixture to saturate, Cook until browned and cooked through (1 to 2 minutes per side) Transfer to plates. Dust with confectioners sugar.

2 slices 225 calories, 4 grams fat

Enjoy!

Becky

Morning ladies....this is my first post in a check-in...EVER! I didn't do what I wanted to this weekend. I planned to do disc 3 of STS 1 on Saturday, then disc 4 on Sunday. Ended up having a really good TKD class on Saturday morning and was really busy the rest of the day with my dogs and didn't get around to STS.

So, yesterday, I planned to do disc 3...but wound up practicing the my new piano assignment. Once I get started, I usually don't stop until I feel I can go to my next lesson prepared. Sometimes that takes up a good 6 or 7 hours on the weekend (yeah...it's my obsession). Then what did I do the rest of the day? I took a nap and played Guitar Hero! The better choice would have been...take a nap, do STS THEN play Guitar Hero.

Today is a TKD day, so no Cathe until tomorrow. Somebody should text me at 6:00 tomorrow to make sure I don't slack off again! That's supposed to be my BF's job, but he's afraid I'll get mad and hinting he thinks my body needs work.

I ordered that Iron Gym. I was all excited to tell my BF about it, and then he pointed out the crappy job whomever hung my moulding did and that it won't support it. Oh well...time to get the hammer and nails out.

Welcome to your first check in EVER!!! What's your name????
You play the piano? Do tell. My sons are ;earning right now and my husband plays, but I have never tried!!!!
The Peeps are a great group.

ellie

Becky- great recipe. I'm making it tomorrow morning for the boys and me for breakfast!!! If I can wait that long.

Chrissy- my eating is no where near good right now. I am trying, but am overcome with cravings some days. I had to actually get rid of a few things so I would stop eating it. NO self control. I am always starving when I do weight work. I try protein, but it's just not enough!!!

ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.