Peeps Daily Check in Mon Jan 12

pwmatt

Cathlete
G'morning all.

The animal shelter was wonderful yesterday. I am amazed how an organization that is totally volunteer, runs so well. There are so many people involved and there HAS to be. You can't take a day off from feeding and caring for these animals. I cleaned the dog area yesterday, fed and watered them and helped give their daily meds. One dog needed ear drops while another received med for a skin condition. One puppy was adopted while I was there and a cute black spaniel came in. His owner had passed. I could go on and on.....

Sticking with FF Jan rotation, I will be doing PS and BM2 chest, shoulder and tri work. If I could clean up my eating, I think I would see some results. I need one of you peeps looking over my shoulder when I reach for those cookies and stuff!

TTFN!:)

Good Morning Phyllis and all who come after

Today is The Empire State.

Phyllis~ sounds like you enjoyed your volunteer time at the animal shelter! I'm glad!:)

Becky~ I thought of you last night, I woke up at 1:30, and couldn't get back to sleep for 2 hours!! I hope you got a good nights sleep!!

Busy day today...... Have a great monday everyone!

Hi Phyllis & Deanie and all who follow !!

:( Sorry about your bad night's sleep Deanie. I do know how rotten that is !!!:(:confused:

I slept good last night but it is because I took a muscle relaxer .:( I had a slight tug/pain in my left hip/butt Saturday night. All day yesterday it got worse until it was very painful to walk last night. Even with the pill, I woke up everytime I tried to change positions in bed !!!:(
It still hurts on the left side with every step and now my lower back hurts as well.

I KNOW there will be no workout today, or any time soon:mad:, and probably an MRI is in the near future if this doesn't shape up !!!!!!
(dr said when it happens again I need one :( )

A very happy thing was that all day Saturday, we had our newborn GS and the 2 year old here while my DD and hubby moved into their first home !! We had so much fun and now they are all happily in the new house. :)

I hope everyone has a nice day !

Becky

Good morning, ladies.

Phyllis-the boys and I volunteer at our local animal shelter a few times a month and it's rewarding and sad all at the same time. We like the cats the best, mainly because the majority of the dogs here are a Pitt-mix and they downright SCARE us! :)

Becky-sorry to hear about your hip. Be careful (the MOM in me made me say that).

Deanie-enjoy Empire State. I have yet to use my 10 and 15# KBs! :)

Sorry I was MIA a few days. Back at it today.

This morning's workout was LIC cardio blast premix (one of my faves) and then the abs too. Now that my 1RM testing is pretty much done, I can get back to my 'normal' rotation of alternating cardio with weights.

Time to get the kiddos moving! BBL

Gayle

(p.s. Ellie, I'm keeping my eye on the weather for this week. We may be getting some freezing rain later in the week, which MAY mess up my plans for Friday.)

Good Morning Peeps!!!

I am running a little behind schedule this morning but as soon as I get the boys off to school I will be back. I OVERSLEPT!!!! That never happens.
I'm up in the air on W/O today. Not sure which I want to do. HIS tripped me up so much the other day. I may give it another go round and if I don't do well I'll try something else!!!

Kudos to all who can do the animal shelter. I will donate money and food and blankets and such, but I cry everytime I go there. I want to LOVE all of them and I hate to see Dogs in cages.

Gayle- don't make me come there and get you!!!!! The forecast is always wrong anyway.

BBL
ellie

Hi Peeps!

Phyllis - Good for you, what a great experience for you. I love animals and really envy what you are doing.

Becky - Wow, a new baby and moving also??? What a big endeavor, I give those kids credit. Best of luck in their new home.

Today was LIS, fun and simple, got it done and over with.
I am liking this rotation!

Have a good day, everyone, I hope to get Sherman out for a walk this afternoon before the temperature plummets. We are in for some serious single digits here later this week!

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

OK, so after comforting an upset Houdini who was running around the house at 3AM looking for her Daddy, I managed to get back up and do Body Fusion, all the step sections, at 5:50AM. I'm proud of myself!

Phyllis--What a perfect fit for you! How often do you plan to volunteer?

Becky--I'm so sorry to hear you are in so much pain! Are you going to schedule that MRI this week? Don't let it linger too long if you are in that much pain!!

Gayle--I love the abs on LIC, as well as the all cardio premix! I wish Cathe would do LIC 2!!

Ellie--You are like my DH. He hates going to PetSmart whenever they have adopt-a-pet because he wants to take all of them home!!

Conni--I like LIS, too! That's a fun one!!! Especially combo number 2, with the skipping part. :) Stay warm today! I wish I could package you some Texas Sun--we are going to be 65 and Sunny today!

:) Wendy

Hi ladies, i'm new to this check-in and hope you don't mind me joining you. i've been doing a lot of thinking about my diet and exercise routine and have decided to overhaul everything. I didn't go to work today. I only slept for 1 hour last night and didn't start to fall asleep till 6a.m. so i called in. I was so tired i felt drunk this morning and didn't want to risk driving down to miami. I have been taking a hard look at my routine for both diet and exercise and realize i'm not very balanced. I'm not taking care of myself by overtraining and undereating so i don't feel good. This is one reason i think i suffer from such insomnia. So today i have decided to revamp everything. I'm getting rid of all processed foods! I think that the artificial sweetners are causing me more cravings and interfering with sleep. I'm also giving up coffee and i'm going to start drinking decaffinated tea at night before i go to sleep to help relax me. For years i have been doing an apple with peanut butter but i recently heard that apples provide the body with energy almost like a caffiene effect so i'm going to see if elliminating them at night will help. On the workout front, i've decided to do my own full body circuit routine with interspersed cardio sprints every other day. I think that is plenty for me. It seems the more i work out the more rundown i feel and the hungrier i become. On the days with no workout i will try and just stay active which is easy since my job is pretty active. Sorry this post is so long. So this is my workout today: all supersets are done with 3 sets of 12 reps

squat super set with push up: 3 sets
1 minute sprint

dead lift super set with lat pulldown
1 minute sprint

calf raise super set with hammer bicep curl
1 minute sprint

reverse crunch super set with tricep dips
1 minute sprint

side plank super set with lateral shoulder raise
1 minute sprint

My sprints will be done at 9 or 10mph with a 4% incline on the treadmill. The supersetting will create a cardio effect as well so its similar to a metabolic workout. I will chose different workouts for each workout. Wish me luck:)

Happy Monday Peeps:

Missed the check in yesterday...was really sick and spent much of the day in the bathroom:eek: No workout as I'm still feeling weak and haven't had anything but saltines and sprite.

Phyllis~ Kudos to you for working at the shelter. I've often thought about it but I'm so emotional when it comes to animals. I'd want to adopt them all:confused:

Deanie~ Have fun with Empire State. I've only done it once but thought it was great.

Becky~ I could have written your post! I've been having hip pain (right side) for a week now. It feels like something is pulling at the hip bone and hit hurts to walk. I thought it might be tight muscles pulling on the bone where it attaches. I am finally going to the doctor tomorrow...I'll let you know what I find out.

Gayle~ High fives for finishing up your 1 rep max tests. I have a few upper body left and all the leg ones.

Ellie~ You overslept? What happened to the rooster?;)

Conni~ Have fun with LIS. Are you doing the peeps circuit rotation?

Wendy~ WTG with your workout! I don't know how you do it with lack of sleep:confused:

Waves to Dani, Karin, Vilma, Jerry, Heather and any peeps I might have missed ;)

JJ

Hi everyone. Tonight DH and I are going to the gym. At least that is the plan. The weather is super-bad here and if it takes a long time to get home I will just do Cathe's PP.

Have a great day.

Hello Peeps!

The past couple of days I was dealing w/ a nasty migraine and t.o.m. and today I feel a bit human so I ended up doing Drill Max the 1st premix followed with 20 min. of Lauren Brook's kettlebell dvd - I just did 1 round of each section instead of double rounds.

Phyllis I am like everyone else I would want to bring home all the animals from the shelter. I get too emotional and attached. Kudos to you for doing the volunteering.

Deanie ugh the dreaded insomnia so sorry you had to deal with that.

Becky feel better soon, how lovely for your dd and her family a new baby and new house :)

Gayle
nice workout and going back to your normal workout routine now that you have your 1rep testing done

Ellie I have overslept once or twice and since then I have my alarm clock set back 10 min for just in case.

Conni
enjoy your walk w/ Sherman how bad is the weather supposed to get?

Wendy aww Houdini wanted her daddy at that time... at least you were able to get back to sleep and get a WO in

Kariev
welcome to the Peeps thread - sounds like you have a plan to get yourself in balance :)

JJ
sorry you were sick over the weekend, so was I but I hope you're doing better. Good for you for getting to the doctor to check your hip.

Karin Good luck w/ the weather geez its going to get super cold here in the south but I can't even imagine how it'll be up north (been there done that brrr)

Have a Great day to all the Peeps that follow! I'm off to nurse my headache and finish up some cleaning here.

picture.php

HI Peeps! I'm home sick today... went into the office for a few hours and got sent home! I think I'm catching whatever bug DH had, and he's still home too... will BBL! I'm going to bed!

Welcome Kariev :) good to see you!

Hi Peeps

Oh don't worry, the rooster was up at 5 but DH got up with him. I fell right back to sleep, which is unlike me but I must have been tired!!!

First- Welcome kariev. Good luck on your journey. We are all on one, just in different ways i think.

Dani- I'm so sorry you feel lousy. Is it a cold or a stomach thing??? get some rest and drink lots of whiskey, I mean water.

Vilma- you did drill max with a headache??? You rock. I hope you are feeling better.

Becky- hip pain? What's up? Is this something new??? I hope it's better soon. Did you have a great weekend with the babies??

Conni- I had the hardest time catching on to LIS. Once I got it it was soooo much fun, but it took me awhile. I miss taking my dog for a walk. She passed away 2 yrs ago and i am still not over it!!!

Phyllis- are you in for Friday????

Gayle- I'm looking for you girl!!!

I hope everyone has a great day
ellie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.