Peeps checkin' in on Friday

Morning Peeps!

So who is getting snowed in this weekend? They are talking blizzard conditions for us and I have so much to do:mad:. GRRRR!

Today will be my last day of PUB and next week I'm going to replace my traditional lifing with all kettlebells. I just ordered 3 dvd's from AOS since they were all on sale plus I have Lauren Brooks so I think I'm set for awhile.

What does everyone else have planned for today?

Karin~ I was starting a thread at the same time. I just copied & pasted:confused:

JJ

I didn’t workout last night. I needed a rest day and so I took one. I laid on the couch and watched Tropic Thunder with Ben Stiller with DH. DH liked it a lot and I thought it was ok.

Tonight I need to do some shopping, but I really don’t want to. I am going to try to go to a shopping center that has an Ulta, Old Navy, and Eddie Bauer outlet. At least, it isn’t a mall so it might be doable.

I am leaving on Monday to go to NJ and then going to DH’s parent’s house in IN the day after Christmas and finally getting back to Boulder on 12/30. I hope that I can check in with you guys every day. I will miss you!!! I have become very attached to my peeps!!!

I just finished up a project at work and am writing it up for publication, so I am in between projects right now. My boss came to me yesterday with a new project and I am excited about the possibilities and doors that it might open for me.

Wendy – about TC… I thought that the Christmas challenge was hard and I almost died when Ariane made deviled eggs. Give me a break. That wins TC for you. I thought it was interesting that they didn’t send anyone home. I was a little scared for Jamie and I think that she deserves to stay. I am over that Eugene guy. He’s just not that good and his attitude is yucky! Did you decide which Cathe DVD to get? You can always borrow mine first to see which you like the best. I left meat in the car once too. I went to Whole Foods and bought Filet Mignon for DH’s birthday. Well, it was in it’s own bag and I just didn’t see it on the floor of the car. I also didn’t realize when I got inside and the next morning I saw it. I almost cried. It was so expensive and I was so dumb.

Ellie – how was DS’s play?

Heather – wow, what a great idea about how to use MM, do the upper premix and then some of GS legs. I didn’t keep the GS upper body workouts because I didn’t love them. I did keep the GS legs though, but I don’t like doing the whole thing because it is hard :). What a great way to use MM and GS legs and get a great full body workout.

JJ – I am so glad to see you back. This season kicks my butt in terms of motivation. You are just so drained from having so much on your plate that the last thing you want to do is workout. Kudos to you for doing Bosu Blast and focusing on KBs to get through this rough patch. I hope that the weather holds up and that you can get done what you need to get done.

Dani – I have had so many knee MRIs and I hate them. I am so thankful though that my head has been out of the machine. I couldn’t imagine the noise if my head was inside of it. Blech! When do you get your results? Do you have happy hour tonight? Do I see some apple-tinis in your future :p?

Jill – have fun with HS Circuit today. I’m so jealous that you found a good stylist at Cost Cutters. I have gone there twice in my life and both times looked like a machete was used to cut my hair.

Hi to Vilma and Jerry!!

waiting for the plumber!

GRRRRRR! He was supposed to be here at 8am this morning, and her it is, just called and won't be here for another half hour! What, do they think we all just sit around eating bon bons and watching soaps? I got things to do, people to see, crisis' to overt! *and apparently grammar school to attend* I can only do so much from home! I must admit that it was SO nice to sleep in today, as much as you can sleep without sleeping... maybe a better described as just laying there with my eyes closed! Snow is melting, but it is very cold! I guess I shouldn't complain because there are lots of people more buried in snow and icky weather than me!

Karin: Thanks for starting a thread... I was about too as well, but good thing the phone rang, or there would have been 3 Peep threads this morning! :) did you enjoy your rest? sometimes you just have to take the night off! I have taken several... in a row... Hope you manage to find not-so-busy stores tonite! Good luck with that a week before Christmas! LOL! Sounds like you will have a busy week ahead! and NO NO NO... NO appletini's for me tonite! I learned my lesson... and won't be over-partaking of anything tonite... not with the weather as it has been here, and the fact that the place we are going is SO much farther away from my house than the previous HR location! But I often have just as much fun withOUT all the alcohol so it will still be a fun evening!

JJ: Wow! Merry Christmas to YOU! LOL! you will have to do some reviews for us non-KBers on how you like all your new workouts! are you still getting STS? I have forgotten if you are or not! I am NOT getting into KB's until after STS... my DH thinks that since I have taken this week off that I'm giving up... but little does he know, I'm secretly staging a comeback after all the parties and holidays!

Ellie: How did DH like the program last night? were you able to get a little R&R from your busy week?

Jill: Thanks for the kind words from yesterdays post! sometimes it just helps to vent!

happy peeping wishes to the rest of y'all today: Wendy, Heather, Jerry, Gayle, Vilma!

I'll BBL to catch up with the rest... hope the plumber will be here shortly! WE HAVE GOT TO DO DISHES!!!

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Happy Friday! I am taking a stress relief break before I run and grab a bite to eat for lunch. The stress at work has been crazy this week. I have been having dizzy spells all week. My heart is racing. I am not sure if it is from stress or an anxiety attack or something else. I have experienced a lot of unusual episodes this year like whirlybirds in front of my eyes (like the reflection of a fan in a window), dizziness, and mental fogginess for lack of a better word. I am mentally slow this morning and have a delayed reaction time. I pick up the phone when it rings, and the person who is calling speaks before I can get the words out. I feel "dazed" this morning, I am still itching and having trouble breathing, and I have a hair-ache. Yes, my hair hurts at the roots. It really hurts when I cough.

I need to review my journals this weekend and make a list for my doctor. I have a legal pad in my desk at work, and I started jotting down dates and times of "attacks" earlier this year. I was doing good for a while. My body started acting up again this month when all the social eating started. With the stress at work, I have been eating fast food again. I am not convinced that even Subway is safe for me. This could be something more serious than a food allergy reaction, so I am anxious to talk to my doctor Monday. The serious weight gain (24 pounds in 2 weeks) and swelling and itching reactions are not alarming to me. Those are typical food allergy reactions for my body. My friend Rebecca (the nurse) is very alarmed by the weight gain because she knows I am not binge eating this month. Weight gain/loss is not always a matter of calories in/calories out.

I have experienced the vision problems before (and do not have blood sugar issues). The racing heart is new and scary. I am also losing my balance on a regular basis. I stopped doing step workouts earlier this year. At first, I thought the extra weight I gained in June might be affecting my balance. Now, I think something else is causing this. I recently started losing my balance and stumbling when I do something simple like walk across the room. I had to catch myself from falling this morning when I was standing in the conference room sorting papers for a client. I am battling insomnia again and sleeping a few hours a night, so that may be a factor. God has not given me a spirt of fear, so I am not going to worry about this all weekend. I am looking forward to getting some rest this weekend.

I am planning to do a Christmas outreach tonight to the dancers in the men’s clubs. We are taking them Christmas stockings filled with make-up and goodies. I have wanted to do a Christmas outreach since we first started the Good Friday outreaches years ago. Hopefully, I will feel better tonight. This should be a quiet afternoon at the office.

Enough about me! How are the rest of the Peeps today?

Wendy, you will want all of those DVDs eventually. Hold off on High Step Challenge for now. It is fun but less versatile than Body Max 2. IMAX2 is a blast. I do not use Cardio and Weights much anymore. Both of those are "as is" workouts for me. I never use the premixes. I would go for Body Max 2 first! You can do any of the segments alone for a short workout, and the premixes are fantastic. There is a cardio and weights premix that is similar to Cardio and Weights with better choreography. This is my favorite way to enjoy Body Max 2.

JJ, take a picture of the snow for me! I am wearing short sleeves with no jacket today. It will be cold again this weekend. Crazy weather!

Karin, I experimented with my own 4-day split rotation once with great results. I did the Muscle Max upper body premix or upper body push pull premix (Tuesday and Thursday), the standing segment of Gym Style Legs (Monday) and the floor segment of Gym Style Legs (Wednesday). I added a 30-minute cardio premix to each workout. Have a safe trip to Jersey! I hope you can check-in too!

Dani, step away from those bon bons! LOL! I hope you are happily washing dishes now!

Hugs and waves to Ellie, Jerry, Jill, Vilma, and any other Peeps who visit today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
((((Heather))))

I am sorry that you are feeling so horrible. I had an inner ear infection this past summer and experienced pretty severe vertigo for 2 months. I had to take 2 weeks off of work when it was at its worst and the only way I didn't feel dizzy was laying down. It was horrible and scary. The didn't know what was wrong with me and I had to have lots of tests to rule out very scary causes. My doctor said that I could experience some dizziness for up to a year after my severe inner ear infection and I do sometimes, but it isn't anywhere near as bad now. I too had to stop doing step for awhile and even working out. My first ride on the bike was freaky to say the least. Thankfully everything turned out ok for me and I am praying for you.

Hi PEEPS,

I ended up going to the play last night with DH, BIL who is visiting from Florida and FIL who is 86. My DS did great. My other son stayed home with my niece. He hasn't been feeling great the last 2 days. I thought he was just tired. Well we both woke up this morning with the clogged head, boogie nose, aching body thing!!!! YUCK!!!! I feel awful.
But my car was loaded from back to front with MORE TOYS for delivery. I had to deliver them to Social Services this am. It's POURING rain, cold, I feel like crap, have a sick 5 yr old with me and there is only room in the car for me and him. He was all tucked in his car seat with NO room to move and I drove with just my wallet on my lap!!!! I'm whining aren't I ????? :(

I feel for all you guys with the nasty weather. A little snow is one thing, but tons of snow and blizzards and ice are a whole different ballgame.!:eek::eek:

Karin- sounds like your trip is gonna be a busy one. Is it a one you are looking forward to?? I'm not an air traveler. Mainly because I am TERRIFIED to fly!!! but also it's a lot of work sometimes.
Writing it up for publication, like as in maybe a journal or magazine or something? Yeah!!! On a date with my husband )before we were married) I looked over at his bookshelf and saw 4 books about science/microbiology something and jokinly said "Gee they look interesting" and he said " I wrote them". Almost fell off the bed, I mean chair!!!

Dani- I love when they tell you "We'll be there between 9am and 5 pm. WHAT!!!!!! You can't pin it down a little better?? Like maybe 12-3 or something. I have to wait ALL day for someone to show up. I can't even get a shower because you know they will show up at 9 while you are in there and so you don't but then they show up at 4:30 and you are ready to kill someone
because you did nothing all day!!!!
HOUSE is my favorite show, but I always love how there is all that equipment and people in the MRI room. It's a bunch of gigantic magnets!!! And it is sooooo loud, no way you can even hear yourself think. Have fun at your party.

JJ- So far I have resisting the KB's only because I really haven't had the time to watch a DVD and check it out. I am looking forward to having some time to learn a little more before i start. What's a good "starter" one???
I hope you can get out and finished before the bad weather hits!!!!

Hi to all PEEPS who follow, I'll BBL to bitch and complain about my cold!!
ellie

Heather, looks like we were posting at the same time.

UGHHHHH, anxiety/stress/sleep deprivation/ hormonal changes etc etc can cause such a large array of symptoms it's often hard to tell what is what. While you know your body better than anyone, I would be remiss as a nurse not to reccomend that you at least give the doctor a call. Do you have a history of panic attacks anxiety attacks??? i do and I had symptoms that were scary and strange (but thankfully not harmful). In fact I still do when I am stressed (like everyday of my life) or haven't eaten or slept well.

The weight gain is a little worrisome to me, all that extra fluid is hard on your body. And it is possible to retain 20 pounds of water. I had my son and lost 9 pounds of baby and 14 pounds of water. The nurse kept rechecking my starting weight because she couldn't believe how much I lost overnight!!! Literally, overnight!!

RELAX this weekend and take care of yourself. Maybe you need to sleep.
Hope you feel better.

ellie

Guten Tag!

So it's been a wheels off morning at my house...Houdini woke up crying at 5AM...she had crawled under her crib (why, I do not know) and got her foot stuck. Needless to say, DH is taking it down tonight. Then we had a pediatrician appointment this morning (2 year check up) and she did great! She's 35.5 inches tall (85th percentile!!) and the pediatrician came in and laughed, saying, "OK, so is her mom? Avery is red-haired and tall and you are not." But her speech is good, everything is good, and we got a prescription cream for the eczema (which he called a medium-level cream that matches the level of the eczema.) But it was nothing he was concerned about which is good!

Needless to say, no workout for me this morning but I hope to get one in tonight!

Thanks for all the feedback on which DVD to get. I'm leaning on High Step Challenge after reading the breakdown of it, but they all sound awesome. It sounds like Body Max 2 has the best premixes. I do plan to get all of these, it's just a matter of which one I want NOW, LOL!

JJ--Stay warm! We are in the upper 60's today, 67 tomorrow, but then 34 on Sunday...

Karin--You absolutely have to check in next week because I will be lost if you are not here! LOL! Hey, I saw the promo for the Top Chef holiday special--is that a re-run or is that new? Good luck with the shopping--I am planning on dragging Houdini to Orgins tomorrow for last minute shopping,too...

Heather--Sweetie, I'm super worried about you! The chest pain is scaring me. Please go to the ER if that keeps up, OK? You really shouldn't wait if you are having pain in the chest and problems catching your breath, or if you feel nauseous, have pain in your upper back, mental fogginess, etc. OK? Promise me if you have any of those symptoms you'll get checked out NOW!!

Dani--Be safe on those roads tonight! I'm glad to hear there will not be appletinis in your future tonight with those conditions! When you come to Frisco again, I'll treat you to one at the Cheesecake Factory in Stonebriar Mall!!! :)

Ellie--UGH, sick again??!!! Cozy up now that the santa run is done and feel better soon!!!!!

Waves to all and I'll be back in a bit!
:) Wendy

HI everybody! May I join you again today? Pretty please?

We're snowed in here. Iced in, actually. It started as snow and about 4 hours later it turned to sleet. I was supposed to host Bunco tonight for my "circle of gals" but I had to cancel. It's not safe to ask those driving to come out in this weather (including my mom, who fills in when needed). Schools were closed today, and the second I heard that (at 4:30am, mind you), (I turned off my alarm and opted for a lazy day and no workout! :)

Heather, I agree with the others, that the heart 'aches' scare me. Have you ever had your heart checked or monitored???

Ellie, give that cutie pie little boy of your a HUGE HUGE HUG from me, will ya? Enjoy your company!

Hi to everybody else. I'm logging off again, to cozy up with my book and blanket while the kids entertain SO's DS!

Happy Snow Day!

Gayle

Ugh, TTOM started and I have major cramps :confused::confused::confused:

Ellie
- I am sorry that you and DS don't feel well. I hope that you get to rest after your toy delivery today. I am looking forward to the trip and to seeing family but I hate the process of getting there, especially this time of year. It is just so busy and stressful. I would love to just stay in CO with friends for the holidays and go back and see our families at a different time of the year, but you don't always get what you want :p. What field of work is your DH in?

Wendy - I am so glad that Houdini's 2 year check up went well. What a crazy morning for you guys! I think that you will love HSC if you get it. Like I said, if you want to borrow any of my DVDs let me know. I'm a gym rat for the tim being so they aren't getting a ton of use. I hope I can check in next week too. If not, I will miss you guys so much.

Gayle - it's great to "see" you here :). You day sounds fab, enjoy!

Dani - did the plumber get there yet? Have fun at happy hour.

Last edited:
I finished PUB and tweaked my darn shoulder:mad: so I'm sitting here with an ice pack on it. Same shoulder I had rotator cuff surgery (2 yrs ago) on and it has a tendancy to rebel against too much shoulder work. I also ran out to Costco to stock up before the storm hits. OMG...I sound like my mother!:confused:

Dani~ Your post had me ROTFLMAO! Did the plumber finally show up? I hope his pants stay up when he bends over to check your pipes:rolleyes: J/K sorry to any plumbers out there if I offend. What time is happy hour? I'll take an (ahem) apple martini:eek:

Heather~ I'm so sorry you have had to endure so much. I certainly hope your doctor can shed some light on what may be going on. {{{hugs}}}

Ellie~ I HATE boogie nose:eek: I sure hope you and DS get better so you can enjoy Christmas illness free. I don't blame you for holding off on kettlebells as they are quite expensive. I got an 8kg and 12kg which were over $100:confused: Don't tell my DH!

Karin~ I hate TTOM. I swear my cramps have gotten worse as I've gotten older. Whats up with that?! I hope you have safe travels as you visit your families for Christmas. We'll miss you but look forward hearing from you when you get back.

Wendy~ Sounds like Houdini is doing great! WOW...85th percentile. My kids were always 25th % or lower. No surprise with me at 5' and DH at 5'10". The genes just weren't there:confused: Hope you can get caught up on your sleep tonight.

Gayle~ Yay! I'm glad you are joining us. I was hoping you could make a pit stop in MN with your wagon;) I haven't fallen off completely yet but I'm close. I bet your boys were excited to get the day off school.

Did I miss anyone? Until next time........

JJ

Dr Karin, you will totally get what my DH does!!!
While in college he studied engineering and microbiology. He went to Univ of Penn then to Wharton.At the time Pharma companies were using things like chlorine gas to sterilize injectable drugs. This procedure led to a residual water level enclosed in the vaccine. Any water level had the potential to become infected or unsterile. To make a long story short, he and 2 geek friends figured out that they could use Hydrogen Peroxide gas to sterilize injectible pharmaceuticals because at very high temps it burns off completely and leaves no resdual water. They built the equipment and did trial runs and Wala, 20 years later he owns a company that does just that. He works closely with the FDA and all the major pharma companies. He sterilizes mostly vaccines but lots of other stuff too. He has owned the company since 1992 and it has grown exponentially since 9/11. This past weekend he was away working on Yellow Fever, Anthrax and Pandemic flu.

Are you still awake?????

Peeps, I'm super sorry for this BORING thread, but Karin asked!!!

ellie

Good evening, Peeps!!

Just returned from a matinee with DW, we saw the new Will Smith movie "Seven Pounds"...we both loved it, I won't say anything about it, I hate playing spoiler. I'm having an apple and yogurt now, and going to do KPC a little later.

Gayle, we finally made the Lobster House for dinner courtesy of your wonderful gift!! We went last night, and loved it, we snagged a table right by the fireplace and Christmas tree..thanks again!!! You can turn out the power at my hotel anytime!

Ellie..hope your son is feeling better, glad the play went well..today was most crappy outside, huh??

JJ---PUB is one of my favorites, because it was so tough, the bicep work on there is incredible!!

Karin...DW and I fell asleep during Top Chef the other night, I'm just not into this season's group, unlike seasons past.

Wendy...Tomorrow nights' game should be great, two great defenses having at it, I love those types of games

Heather...Go to the doctor, please...your health away comes first.

Have a great evening!

Ellie - thanks for filling me in on DH's job. It sounds very cool and I am glad to hear that it is still doing well in this heinous economy.

Jerry - I have seen the previews for Will Smith's new movie about 5 times and I still have no clue what it is about :confused:. I love the Lobster House. That is in Cape May, right? My parents and I try to get there when I am in town. In fact we tried to go the last time I was in NJ but it was a dreary day and we decided not to go to the shore. I agree about this season's group of chefs on TC. They really aren't that impressive yet.

Gayle--I'm so glad you joined us again today! There is someone always here, every day, even on weekends, so come back! We're a merry little group here and we'd be merrier with you as Peep! :)

Karin--OK, pack some snacks in your carry on bag, good books, and some patience--I just got a travel alert here at work that air travel into New York/New Jersey is going to be slow and delayed...so I wish you good luck and safe travels!!! :)

Jerry--I'm super excited for tomorrow night's game! At least for now, all the Romo-Whitten-T0-Roy Williams drama has been shifted to the back burner. They say Romo's back is better, but hopefully he won't be slammed around too much where he can't recover. Because it's all over for the 'Boys if either of our backup QB's have to take over!!! PS--The Lobster House sounds really nice!

JJ--Ouch! Keep icing that shoulder and I hope it's just a little tweak!! Because I can't imagine you not being able to use those kettlebells!! Oh, and would you believe I'm 5'3 (with volumized hair) and DH is just 5'10? That's why the pediatrician is shocked with how big Houdini has stayed! She does have two uncles over 6'0 and that where the doctor thinks her height is coming from...but the red hair goes WAY back to each of her great-grandmothers and NOBODY else on either side has red hair!! Auburn, yes, strawberry blonde, yes, but pure red? Only Houdini does!

:) Wendy

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

I am pulling up the caboose unless someone else peeps in here tonight! This has been a crazy day! I need to go home, change clothes, and meet with a prayer team from church before heading to the clubs. I have a driver, so I will not be on the road alone tonight.

Karin, thanks for the hugs and prayers. I am sorry you had to go through that experience with vertigo. Scary stuff! I am so glad you recovered. I am sure that first bike ride was a wild one! Do you live in the mountains? I hate cramps. Ugh! Curl up with a heating pad and a good book!

Ellie, I have an appointment with my doctor Monday afternoon. You are right that stress and hormones can cause strange reactions. Sleep would do my body good! I hope you and your son feel better soon. God bless you for delivering all those toys. Just imagine the little ones who will have a joyful Christmas thanks to the time you have volunteered.

Wendy, what an adventure! Is Avery her real name? I have not experienced any pain in my chest. My hair (the fluffy stuff on my head) is what hurts. My heart was just pounding hard and beating fast. It is back to normal now. I promise to go to the ER if I experience chest pains and nausea.

Gayle, the door is always open for you. We have been leaving the porch light on for you too! The only time I have ever had my heart monitored was earlier this year when I did the VO2 max test. I wore a heart rate monitor and had some kind of strap around my chest. That was done by a personal trainer, not a doctor. Stay warm and safe tonight! What are you reading?

JJ, I hope your shoulder feels better soon. LOL about stocking up for the storm. What is really funny is watching Texans stock up for a storm.

Jerry, I am glad you and your wife enjoyed the movie. Are you on vacation from work for the holidays? Have fun kicking, punching, and crunching!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hi everyone! Okay, so I totally got sidetracked this morning and ended up spending my workout hour doing housecleaning. At least it wasn't a total loss ;-) Everyone is going to have to be patient with me as I get to know who posts here regularly and am able to respond to everyone!

Heather, take care of yourself. I obviously don't know you very well right now but from what you said I hope that your doctor is able to let you know what's going on so that it can be fixed. Rest up this weekend, but if you continue to have a racing heart beat and dizziness, don't hesitate to get yourself to urgent care or the ER.

Jerry, my grandparents always took us to the Lobster House when we were out to visit.

Karin, you're so close that we'll have to get together some weekend. I actually applied for a job in Boulder as a hazardous materials specialist...we'll see if I get a call.

Well, I don't feel so bad for not working out this morning as I walked A TON at work today...probably a good three miles worth. Tomorrow morning I'm taking DD to Denver to spend a few days with her grandparents while I work Mon-Wed. It's going to be another cold weekend, but our highs will be in the teens, which won't be nearly as bad as earlier in the week. No snow, though. Thank goodness we are not dealing with what the east coast is.

For everyone else, I hope you have a great weekend! Because I'm so busy I don't have too much time on here so it will take a little while to get to know everyone.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.