PEEPS

elliemom

Cathlete
Good Morning PEEPS

Today's workout is......... ROLLERSKATING!!!
I can barely move after Cathe's class yesterday but it's my son's party. So I'll be wheeling around the rink with 7 year olds!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Have a great day
I'll report back when we get home
Wish me luck!!!

ellie

Hi Ellie and fellow peeps,

I am up and about, have been for some time but haven't been near the computer until now.

How was Cathe's class??? What kind of class was it?

Have fun rollerskating today, wear pads!!:confused:

Today is L & G and Amy's core section ( which one I don't know yet..).

DH got a major hit in his pay yesterday, it looks like they are trying to eliminate him, but on the plus side it looks like he is going to work for a new hotel, we should know the final details on that Monday, I pray it works out. I have already taken a pay cut at my work, and this is just not easy..

Peep peep! Guess who! lol

I told you guys I wasn't all that good with check-ins....too many other things that take me from the PC. BUT....

I'm here today to say HOWDY and a big HORRAY that Ellie didn't fall off her step yesterday!

Ellie-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Have the boys been skating before? We love to go and we wear our rollerblades! Concerning snow tubing....IF IF IF the weather ever gets cold again around here, we're going to go SOON! I'll let you guys know....are you still up for snow tubing with us?

OK.....I've been busy with PTA stuff, DS's basketball, and life in general. I finished off week 1 of STS yesterday and LOVED every minute of it. Today is a scheduled rest day, but I needed a good stretch so after I slept in till 7am, I did Rodney Yee's Total Body Power Yoga. I LOVE that workout. I am SOOOOOO not a yoga/pilates girl. I can't sit still long enough for a slower-moving workout like that, but this one is a keeper and I absolutely adore it.

OK.....we've got a quiet weekend. No basketball games...imagine that! So I'm working on de-cluttering around this place and cleaning up. Besides that, the boys and I are just going to hang out and enjoy the un-winterlike temps of 58! :eek:

Gayle

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! Between completing my first 5K a week ago in my goal time of less than an hour and faithfully finishing the first week of STS, this has been a joyful and triumphant week! I am fired up and ready to take on hell with a water pistol! LOL!

The STS workouts are so motivating that I am having fun with them even when I have to save them for after work. I am a morning glory girl all the way, but I am enjoying STS no matter what time of day it is! My first 5K last Saturday morning wiped me out. I rested Sunday morning, took a long nap after church, and recovered enough to tackle the first STS workout that evening. I watched the Super Bowl kickoff, put my game face on, and kicked off my Super Transformation Sunday! I completed all the workouts at night this week to be consistent and give my body 48 hours to recover between each one. I filled up with warm fuzzies and felt so good after the back and triceps workout Tuesday night. I love feeling so strong and accomplished after an hour of STS. Cardio gives me this burst of joy and energy. This is a first for me with weight training. Who knew that it could be enjoyable?

Please join me for a moment of silence. Thursday was a sad day for my beloved Butts and Guts leg blast premix. It lost its place in my heart as my favorite lower body workout of all time. Cathe was right on target when she affectionately referred to the Mesocycle 1 leg workouts as “Butts and Guts on crack!” Cathe even included my favorite firewalkers! I had a blast with the first leg workout of STS Thursday night, and my butt is still on fire! Fun, fun, fun! What a great workout! I am saving the bonus burn for next week so I will have something new to look forward to when I repeat this first week of workouts. I am ready to revisit this one again!

I am going for the 5-month rotation, and I am looking forward to revisiting the first week again starting tomorrow morning. I decided to listen to my body on cardio days and choose a workout accordingly instead of following Cathe’s cardio rotation. I had a blast with my Zumba class Monday after work and the 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step cardio premix Wednesday morning. I also enjoyed the no-equipment segment of Ab Circuits Wednesday night. It was just right for me. I had to modify the more advanced planks, but it was very doable other than that. The extended stretch is nice and soothing.

Friday was my rest day. Today is cardio day, and I am looking forward to the 4-Day Split Kickbox cardio premix, another segment of Ab Circuits, and the extended stretch.

Ellie, I am here! Have fun today!

Conni, I am keeping you in my prayers. These are definitely tough times.

Gayle, happy decluttering today. I am so not a yoga girl either. Cathe’s extended STS stretch is as much of that as I can handle. LOL!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good morning!

Ellie, yes I slept in today :) I'm sore from legs yesterday. But, I'm with Heather on loving the workout! Have fun skating and happy birthday to DS!

Today was supposed to be cardio, but a rest was needed. I have to geo shopping for a bday gift today. I have a surprise party for a friend turning 50.

Conni, I'm sad about your unhappiness over the pay cuts:( It is just a rotten time economically.

Hey Gayle, enjoy your down time this weekend. I don't do yoga either. I'm just not a limber person. Yoga at 4:30 in the morning just doesnt work - when I'm on the floor, I want to sleep!!

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

I did SuperSets upper body + abs from High Step Challenge + both ball segments from Total Body Stretching.

Conni--I'm so sorry to hear about the paycuts! My DH was out of work until this past fall, it's very hard trying to stretch that dollar. I will keep your family in my prayers. Hang in there, OK?

BBL for more personals!
:) Wendy

Ellie- have fun roller skating. That brings back some great memories. I would probably not be too great at it now though.

I got a keratin treatment on thursday, so I can't wash my hair until sunday. I can't even pull it back, it has to stay pin straight for 3 days. So I haven't been able to do cardio, since I really can't sweat. So I did upper body yesterday and today. I know I should have spaced it out but I couldn't wait. Tomorrow I will do cardio again. I am looking foward to it. I haven't done any step since Cathe's class last monday. My calf seems to be much better. We will see tomorrow when I do drill max or IMAX 2.

Phyllis how are your buns doing? Mine hurt so bad yesterday. It was pure torture going up and down the stairs. My husband unselfishly volunteered to massage my buns. It did feel good though-LOL.

have a great day.

chrissy

Here's a few pics from my roller skating workout today. The flash wasn't working well, so I had to lighten them.

It was such a blast. But my legs hurt
ellie

Attachments

• lesellieskating.jpg
    lesellieskating.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 23
  • lesellieskating2.jpg
    lesellieskating2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 18
  • lesellieskating3.jpg
    lesellieskating3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 20
Good Afternoon, Peeps...

Ellie, great pics from your skating outing, and major props to DH for getting on skates....I'm far too chicken to try, and have no problem admitting it!!

I decided to take the weekend off from working out to prepare myself for a month long rotation of Drill Max!!! OMG....seriously, I really want to bump up the cardio, and I have been lifting fairly heavily my last couple of months, so it is definitely time to spice things up!!

Heather...see, weight training can be fun, sounds like you've got the right mentality to take a hold of STS!!!

Gayle...right there with ya on yoga, I know I'm supposed to do yoga, but I have never committed myself fully towards it, and never will, I'm really just not that interested in it...Cathe's stretch tapes are perfect for me.

Take care everyone!

PDC

Hey peeps! Doing CleanMax today and catching up with a few things. I just ordered BC/ME and DM today so I'm looking forward to doing those! I am just not ready to move on to a split routine a-la 4DS.

Gayle, I really like that yoga video! I have it and really like it. I really like voiceovers in my yoga videos. Have you ever tried Power Yoga for Happiness? It is my favorite, I think, and there are all sorts of 'premixes' so you can choose lengths from the 30 minute Quickie to the 80 minute Total Happiness. There's some minor weirdness, but not enough that it would deter me from it (I don't like a lot of 'woo-woo' in my yoga).

Hi to Jerry, Ellie, Heather, Chrissy, Wendy, Phyllis & Conni! I'm planning on being back in full force on Monday!

Ellie--LOVE the photos. You and DH are having so much fun! Me? I'd be sitting on the side with Jerry, cheering you on, LOL!

Jill--You just invested in some good, butt kicking workouts! Whooo! I just got BM2 today, I'm excited for a new challenge (along with IMAX 3, which arrived today!!)

:) Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.