PEEPS

elliemom

Cathlete
It's freezing here today and we MAY get snow tomorrow!!! I would love some snow for my boys to play in. Well, actually I really like to play in it too.
And shoveling is such a great workout.
I probably just jinxed myself and we will get RAIN!!!!

I need to do some weight work today, but not sure yet where I want to start

Peep Daddy- Where are you???? You are practicing for next week's visit aren't you??? I bet you'll be doing richochets and V steps like and running around that gym like a banshee!!!

Looks like both boys will be home from school due to cough and cold. So I'll BBL for more personals.
And when all of you get up!!!!

ellie

I'm up Ellie ! Not by choice, I've been up since 2.
Just have the WORST insomnia , no matter WHAT I DO !!!:mad:

Anyway.....my rant started and I haven't even said good morning !!! :eek:

Good Morning Peeps!

I have a full blown cold but don't feel bad from the neck down, so I will workout today. :p
I'm thinking some KB swings and some LB work off of Legs & Glutes or LL .

TGIF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky

Becky,

INSOMNIA SUCKS!!!

I had it on and off for a years and I about lost my mind. It was so frustrating to be sooooo tired yet unable to sleep. And mine alternated between not being able to fall asleep to not being able to stay asleep. Fortunately the past year has been better.
How can you w/o on no sleep?? You go girl. That was one of my excuses for NOT exercising.
I agree TGIF!!

ellie

Ellie,

I've had it for several years too and it's AWFUL! Right now I fall asleep but can't stay asleep and most nights I am up between 2 and 3 for the day ! Some nights I get NO sleep at all. :(

You'll notice my workouts right now are short and sweet. I used to do much more but I just dont' have it in me.

I've tried everything and nothing works.

How did you resolve your sleep issues, if you dont' mind me asking ??

Becky

Hey peeps! No WO for me today. It was a lousy morning. DD was throwing up, dog was a whiney mess, and DS had friends over in the LR(my gym). All that equals no exercise for me.:( The good news - ITS FRIDAY!!

Ellie, can we keep the snow at your house only? I don't want any, thank you.

Becky, oh no, insomnia again!! Did you ever have any luck with a supplement?
Where will you tuck your tissues while you are working out! I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day!

Good Morning Peeps!

I was up and at'em bright and early this morning doing Providence. Great workout!

Ellie~ enjoy the day with your boys hope they feel better. Here's hoping for snow!!:)

Becky~ sorry you couldn't sleep! I guess the meds aren't working?

Phyllis~ enjoy your rest day and I hope your DD feels better!

Hello to all the other peeps and happy TGIF!!

Ugh Phyllis ! Sounds like a bad start to the day ! I hope your DD gets better soon !
There is a stomach bug going around in the schools here. :( yuck!
I am taking Estrovan PM now and it doesn't seem to be making any difference.
LOL @ where to put the tissues.....:p I just carry the box around with me all day anyway. Will just bring it with me to workout too !;)

Deanie, the sleep med. is to take in the middle of the night when I wake up, but when I've tried it, it doesn't put me in a sound sleep, I just doze a little in a half awake/half asleep mode. I guess I should try a few more times before I give up on it, but I really didn't like the feeling and didn't feel like I was getting any more real sleep with it. :(

It's so frustrating!

bbl
Becky

Good morning Peeps! I'm up and raring to go for my workout (with the help of a little bit of energy drink LOL). I think I may do a Tae Bo workout this morning...gotta work those abs and that's my favorite way to improve them!

Ellie - LOL...that's a funny image of Jerry - oops, Peep Daddy - running around Cathe's gym like a banshee. I wish I could go with all of you on your get togethers! Sounds like so much fun. I told DH how much fun it would be to go on a road trip and he looked at me like I was from mars. Actually paying to go somewhere and spend the whole time working out? Insanity!!

Jerry - do you do the step workouts without a step, or do you just do other things at the gym while the step class is going on? How are things going at the gym for you?

Becky - Ugh, I am so sorry to hear about your insomnia. I have battled it on and off for years. I have absolutely no problem going to sleep, it's staying asleep that's the issue. Being such a light sleeper doesn't help, either. Aside from not wanting to have to take a prescription (fear of addiction) and not being able to afford the kind of prescription I needed (Ambien CR, where it helps you stay asleep through the night, was SUPER expensive and my insurance didn't cover it), I always had side effects from the prescriptions, so I gave up on it. I didn't want to be a walking medicine cabinet. For a while I would just go to bed later so I would sleep the whole time and that worked and I would eventually start going to sleep earlier. I hope you find something that works for you. A few nights this past week I did not sleep well and so my workouts fell by the wayside because I simply did not have the energy to do them.

Ellie - hope your boys feel better soon! It's tough when they're sick.

Phyllis - your DD is sick too? Oh, no! There's stuff going around everywhere! Hope she feels better. Speaking of your whiny dog, one of our dogs ate the other's uneaten food in the middle of the night and then proceeded to get sick. Thankfully I had earplugs in and DH heard it for once (he's usually a deep sleeper) so I wasn't the one that had to get up and clean it, whereas normally I would be.

Hi all Peeps,

Ellie - You can have the 10 inches that are coming our way, my driveway is always available for you if you want to shovel. I have done that "workout" and believe me, it gets old really fast!
I am going to try to get any errands done this afternoon before this weather turns ugly, I plan on watching it from my window.

Today was a rest day - so I did extra cardio, Marcus' Step Pro and then Amys ab section 1.

Have a great TGIF day.

Becky - have you tried Clonipin ( sp )? That is what my DH uses, and it helps him sleep. It slows the brainwave activity but not so much that you become comatose ( like Lunesta,etc..). He is able to get up and function without the after effects..

Jill, my dog is fairly self contained when he is sick. He's very quiet about it. If I'm not right there when it happens, he will clean up his own mess, if you know what I mean. ;) I guess that's good and bad. Whatever made him sick in the first place will SURELY do it again!

The insomnia thing is awful. It just sucks the energy right out of you. There is nothing worse that laying in the bed thinking about how you can't get to sleep and dreading how you will feel later. I think that one of our bright children should invent a cure. I'd invest in the research.

Phyllis,
Is your DOG or DAUGHTER sick???? I am soooo confused!!!!
Either way, I hope they are better!!!

If Peep daddy will allow, I do have a picture of him running around Cathe's gym, and doing ab work and threatening to hurt me if I take another picture of him!!! I need to ask before i post them. Come on Peep daddy!!!!

Becky-My insomnia is cyclical. It was horrible during perimenopause and then got better. STRESS makes it much worse for me, so i started using relaxation steps before i went to sleep. I would repeat over and over "You will have a great nights sleep and wake up refreshed" After awhile, your subconscious BELIEVES you and you sleep! It's called the Alpha state, right before you go to sleep when your mind is open to suggestions. That's wht we sometimes dream about things we were watching on TV or talking about before bed

Conni- pass the snow!!! I love it because I have little kids so it's a fun adventure for them. The last few winters here have been milder so we haven't had a lot. But if i was shovelling daily, I would not want anymore either.

I am off to entertain 2 boys who are home from school and want to play every game Santa gave them!!! How sick can you be???

ellie

Ellie-just post the darn picture, will ya? Peep Daddy is a good sport! LOL

INSOMNIA!?!?!?!??? I feel for you ladies. Every now and then (and it's been a while, knock on wood), I'll wake at 3am, go to the bathroom and not be ableto fall back to sleep. On those mornings, I end up giving up after an hour and just get up and start doing things around the house. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes for a long day.

Sorry I can't do personals right now. Seems that if I don't post first thing in the morning, I fall back on them. But I got the kiddos on the bus and ran a quick errand, and now you guys have been chatting for 2 pages! LOL

This morning, for me, was a few more 1RM tests. I'm going to call it DONE! I have a few stragglers left...mainly the leg moves with the paper plates. I was playing around last night and learned that the plates go best on linoleum, so I think I'll be cutting a piece from the extra I have and pull that out when those moves come around (sort like using a yoga mat). I spent all this week just doing 1RM tests and 1 cardio session. I needed this week to FOCUS on my eating and getting it back on track and under control again. I feel good, but wanted to spend that energy on the food focus. Next week, though, I'm back at it full force and HARD!

OK......time to do a few things around the house before I head to the school.

My BF and I are going to a wedding/reception tonight and I'm looking forward to some adult time. His ex is keeping my kids overnight, so that's a PLUS! ;)

SNOW, coming tonight and tomorrow! WOO HOO!

Gayle

I'm back to report my workout, which was NOT what I thought I was going to do . ha
I forgot it was cardio day, so I did CC #5 challenges 1 and 3 PLUS walking lunges and firewalkers from B&G and 50 KB swings !
That was good for me today!

Ellie, I am in perimenopause and I think that's a big cause of my insomnia !
I will try your suggestion.......THANKS! :)
In the past I have tried lunesta, ambien, tylenol pm and sonata and they've either quit working or not worked to begin with. I drink cammomile tea before bed, have blacked out my bedroom, spray my pillows with lavender calming spray and recently started doing yoga poses that I found are supposed to promote good sleep! I still wake up after 3 or so hours and can't get back to sleep!
Beyond frustrating ! But you know that !!!

I better get myself away from the computer and busy doing something !;)

Have a TERRIFIC Friday Everyone !!!!:D

Becky

Good morning all! Last night I got home from work and did 60 minutes on my spinning bike while watching a guilty pleasure TV show. The workout was pretty good because I made sure to push hard through the commercials.

I am not sure about tonight's plans. I think I may just take a rest day. DH and I are going to the gym tomorrow and Sunday so I might need to rest to prepare for that :D

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

ELLIE--Love the new picture! You look beautiful. :)

I did all the step sections of Low Impact Circuit. Hurrah! DH had shut the door to Houdini's room around midnight last night and guess what? She slept against it but did not try to escape. But I was prepared--I figured out the portable DVD player and put it in her closet just in case, LOL.

Have a great day, everyone!
:) Wendy

Totally agree TGIF!!! I'm sportin' some major DOMS right now! both from Wednesdays Pyramid bonus combo and then HStraining last night... I'm one stuff, sore puppy today! Tonite is another work Happy Hour, but the stupid place is about as far away from my house as you can get in this town... I would like to see the place though, as it was one of my projects when I first came to town... I just didn't get to finish it because I went to work for the competition! :D

Anyway, will BBL!

Happy Friday All!

PS... I feel for all of you with insomnia... I have taken Ambien for the last 5 years... they are starting to become less effective, but still help me go to sleep, although I'm unlucky like some of you and wake up before DH's alarm at 4am and can't go back to sleep either... Nothing has helped, and it's worse if I don't take them, so until I have NO benefit, I will continue using them... I would NOT recommend them however, if staying alone or with small children that may need you because they literally make me comatose and I hear nothing!

anyway, better get back to work!

cheers!

TGIF Peeps-

I have to finish up my 1 rep max tests for upper body today. No cardio until I can figure out what is wrong with my hip. Very frustrating:(

I have chalked up my insomnia to peri-meno. It sucks but at least I can spend more time here or reading:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day!

JJ

Gayle- BE PREPARED!!! If it rains here and snows there we are coming over!!!!
No prep necessary, you don't even have to be home!!! We'll just build snowmen and snowforts in your yard!!!! :p:p:p:p

I NEED me some snow!

ellie

TGIF Peeps-

I have to finish up my 1 rep max tests for upper body today. No cardio until I can figure out what is wrong with my hip. Very frustrating:(

I have chalked up my insomnia to peri-meno. It sucks but at least I can spend more time here or reading:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day!

JJ

JJ: so sorry your hip is still giving you trouble... are you making a doc appt now? it's been awhile so you said if you weren't seeing any improvements... Just sayin' :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.