Peeping Out

elliemom

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps.

I am quite sore from BM2 yesterday, quite tired from the sleeplessness from the Sudafed I took and quite leary about the roller skating I promised the boys today!!! Ouch :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe a nice hot shower I will feel better. PLEASE!!!!

I'll BBL for personals.
Have a great day
ellie

I knew that Sudafed was non-drowsy but I didn't think it had the opposite affect. Yuck! I bet that your shower will help. Your soreness will be even after skating. It will burn out your lower body and I'm guessing that your upper body is sore from BM2.

No WO for me today. I'm starting my volunteer work at the animal shelter this morning. I've been looking forward to doing this for awhile - just had to wait for the kids to grow up and for time to present itself. Whaddya know, it happened!:D After that, we hae a 50th birthday party to attend. It's been a very sporadic workout week.

Enjoy your Sunday all!

Good morning folks! No WO for me this morning either (I never work out on Sundays). Today before church I have to get two meals into crockpots...one for dinner tonight, and the turkey & bb chili for lunch this week. I'll post the recipe later if anyone would like. I think I got it on the cathe forums, though, a while back, perhaps when Gayle was doing Body for Life (that was you, wasn't it?).

Lots of laundry to do, and a friend of DD's is coming home with us after church while her mom does a few things. So, busy day!

Good morning..

Looking forward to resuming workouts tomorrow!!! You just never know how important exercise is until you can't do it...I feed off my exercise, and while I know I did the right thing by not rushing back, I can tell I've been away a few days!

Ellie...you poor thing...hoping you feel better later!

Phyllis...you've given me a great idea..I may stop by my local animal shelter to see if I can volunteer as well!! I love animals, they don't care how bad your days been, they're always there for you...my cat was almost like on guard duty the past few days while me and DW battled this bug...when she was sick in the bathroom, he jumped on the bed and licked my hand until I woke up to check on DW...he never does that any other time. When I was sick, he slept on the couch with me while DW was working, again, something he normally wouldn't do!

Yes, stopping by the local shelter is most definitely on my to do list this week!

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

Ooooh, it was a rough night at Casa De Houdini last night--she WOULD NOT stay in bed, was running wild though the house, and was still running strong at MIDNIGHT!!! The kid was NOT tired. I am getting thisclose to putting the door lock on her door, but since she did so well on Friday, I'm hoping this is a *freak* occurance....

But with that said, I did Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minute Bootcamp this morning + her 20 minute stretch. I enjoyed it--I got a good sweat going for a quick workout. Thanks, Karin, for loaning it to me!! There was a really challenging part to the stretch--you have to put your legs over the back of your head (you are rolled up when you do this) then work them up over and straight over your hips...Not easy if you are like, oh, over 18 years old...LOL!!

Ellie--The roller skating will count as a balance/cardio workout. Sudafed makes me feel weird, too. Not sleepy, but off. I hate when I have to take it.

Phyllis--That volunteering work sounds perfect for you! Enjoy it!

:) Wendy

Hi Peeps!

Early one for me too as DH has had "something" the past 24 hours and he was shivering so bad last night even with all the covers that the whole bed shook! I ended up throwing the last blanket on him about 2am and moved to the couch with Missy Lou! Therefore, I'm rather tired today so will see what the day brings...

Ellile: hope the shower helps! I have rollerskates too (really HUGE wheels and wider so they are more stable) but thought I was gonna kill myself when I tried them out in the street in front of the house... I was successful at going "UP" the culdesac but it was SCAREY coming down and not being able to figure out how to stop... the toe stops are higher off the ground (cuz of the bigger wheels) so don't work like they did when I was a kid... DH just looks at them sitting by the door and shakes his head... 'good investment honey!" :eek:

Phyllis: what a great opportunity to volunteer! I'd be bringing them all home with me! That commercial with Sara McLaughlin makes me tear up every time... but I think it's a wonderful thing to help in any way! Have fun at the b-day party!

Jill: let us know how the crock pot dinners come out! Post the chili recipe please ;) always looking for something healthy to take for lunches...

PD Cool: glad you are feeling better! animals are so intuitive! they just seem to know when you need them the most... cats especially.. they are so fickle otherwise, but our furbaby knows when I am having a bad day, sick or just need a hug... she's very wise for 2 years old! ;)

Good moring to Heather, Karin, Wendy, Vilma, JJ, Deanie, Becky, Conni and any other Peep I may have missed!

hi Wendy: sorry you had another rough night... you could always try the doorknob thingys if she does freak out, take them off, but you will never know if you don't try it... one night isn't going to damage her for life and it might surprise you that she may just give up and go to sleep... do you put her in her room for naps and close the door? if so, she might be used to it... anyway, good luck with it all and i have to say a big KUDO for your workout... my excuse seems to pale in comparison, so I will have to dust off something today besides the TV! :)

Hi all peeps,

Sounds like a chaotic Saturday for most here, hopefully Sunday won't be so crazy.
Wendy - best of luck tonight, you deserve a break.
Phyllis - I love your idea, if I didn't work fulltime I would be so involved with that.

Today was 4DS BC and then Amy's ab section 2.

Sherman is shedding right now and I am going crazy. He has never done this before, so I am really trying to figure it out. I brush him daily, and really cleaned the brush out this morning, which could help alot. If he was older I would get a Furminator, but I think he may still be too young.

Shout out to all other peeps!

Hi Peeps! I just got back from the gym and my 60 min hill TM workout. It felt good and I am ready to go for the day!

Ok Conni: I have to ask, WTH is a furminator? Missy Lou is shedding big time too! and I must admit that we don't brush her every day like we should, but I'm tired of my daily intake of additional 'fiber'! LOL! :) Please share

Hi Peeps! I just got back from the gym and my 60 min hill TM workout. It felt good and I am ready to go for the day!

WOW!!! Good for you Karin! You go girl... I'm still in my PJ's on the couch and need a shower REALLY bad! :eek: I'm off to the kitchen for some breakfast before I wither away!

Karin- I gotta agree with Dani here. That type of workout would have killed me!!! 60 mins on a treadmill!!! WOW

Hi Dani and Ellie, thanks for the kudos on the TM workout. It was kind of cathartic for me because I could totally zone out and just work my butt off, literally :D

I would love to do the animal shelter volunteering, but I am way tooooo emotional. I would want to bring them all home. I don't understand why people buy animals and then get rid of them. I am grateful for you guys for being able to handle it. Thank you. And give them all a big hug and kiss from me.
ellie

I am sooo with you on that one, Ellie! I could never do it and it breaks my heart when I hear about animal cruelty stories, too.

Here's the recipe for the chili:

Turkey and Black Bean Chili

1 ½ lbs ground turkey
2 C onion and green pepper, chopped
15 oz can seasoned diced tomato sauce for chili (like Hunt’s)
14.5 oz can no salt diced tomatoes, undrained
2 – 15 oz cans low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 T chili powder
1/8 tsp ground red or black pepper
½ C low fat sour cream (optional)

• Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey, onion and pepper. Cook until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
• In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine turkey mixture, tomato sauce, tomatoes, black beans, chili powder and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

Yields 8 servings, about 1 cup chili and 1 T sour cream
Numbers per serving: 220 calories, 7g total fat, 20.6g protein, 23.1g carbs, 6.7g fiber, 52mg cholesterol, 2.3mg iron, 635mg sodium, 99mg calcium

Heather, here's the picture of the Stanley Hotel. Obviously they only filmed the inside there, but it's in such a beautiful place!!! Just minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park.

Attachments

• Stanley Hotel.jpg
    Stanley Hotel.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 10

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.