Peep a doodle doo!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps!

I hope everyone had a nice New Year's day. Did we all start off on a good foot??? I said NO to the party, went out by myself for a little while and bought a few new exercise outfits (with gift cards of course). January is a NO SPEND month for us.
I have good news too. My DH is on day 3 of p90 and is doing well. I am soooo proud of him. He said the next Monday class that we go to he will join us!!!! He can't do step Jerry so no Friday class for him.

As soon as he leaves for work I am doing Imax 2. I am pumped and ready.

Thanks Dani for the encouragement yesterday. I was Stewing and....

Wendy- I love you..... I am a hypochondriac too. Only I'm an RN with 20 years experience so I know WAY TOO MUCH!!! A headache IS a brain tumor.
One of the reasons I was sick for so long a few months back was that I wouldn't take the meds because I KNOW the side effects!!!

Phyllis- DH and I are going to see that movie tonight. My mom is coming up from Delaware to stay over night. Thanks for the tip. Are you in for the 16th?

Jerry- I loved WW when I did it. I did the online version because I didn't want to bring the boys with me to meetings. It totally helped me with portion control. Like a Ruby Tuesday Colossal Cheeseburger is NOT a snack!!!

Jill- we had really high winds here and some power lines came down. I dread that. It's amazing how dependant we are on things like TV, computer, phone etc. I read a book for awhile and curled up under some blankets. I may make a day a week of no TV or computer.

Conni- how are you today. We haven't scared you away have we?? I can't wait to get to know you better. tell us more, okay, tell me.... I'm the nosey one. And I obviously have no secrets!!!!

Karin- are you feeling any better??? Did you get your stuff yesterday?? I'm sure it's all put together and organized right??!!!

Hi to Heather and Vilma and JJ and all other Peeps I may have missed. I'll be back after my w/o to let you know how it was.

TIP- As soon as you develop or print pictures put them right in the photo album. No envelopes with pictures in drawers.

ellie

Hey Peeps!

I did a cardio circuit from SJP/SB today. It was SB step with SJP hi/lo inserted between. . I liked it alot. Now, I'm tired but I gotta go to work. Yuck!

Ellie, enjoy the movie.:) We sat way up in front and the music was super loud but I liked it anyway. Where in DE ( DelaWHERE) does your mom live? Um, I still have all my and DH's photos from Europe to put in an album. We went in May.:eek: It's such a daunting task and now I'm afraid that I've forgotten many of the details that would make the scrapbook more interesting. I guess that is another 2009 goal.

I'm definitely in for the 16th!!

See ya later, peeps :D

Good morning Peeps! I didn't quite get up at 4:45 like I had planned, but 5:20 isn't quite so bad since I don't have to work today. It is going to be in the low 60's here today, can you believe it? And then I think the low 30's in a day or two. I did Cardio Coach vol. 1 on my elliptical this morning and I feel good.

BBL for personals! I have to go tell DH not to wear his long underwear to work today (he works outside) or he'll roast.

Hi all Peeps!

No, Ellie, you didn't scare me away! This check in is a riot!

Today is PLB, and I may swing over to Cathe's Jan rotation starting tomorrow, it seems easier to put together for me ( with substitutions, of course. You will all learn I am the sub queen!)

Not much on the agenda today, maybe a few errands.

Off to my leg workout, and I will be adding abs as well, probably Coreblast from Tracey.

Guten Morgen, Peeps! :)

I just did the 51 minute timesaver of HSC and looooooooooooooooooooooooved it. I just love high step workouts! There's a high fun factor for me with these so I'm so glad I got HSC!!!

Today I'm hosting a play date for Houdini at 10:30 this morning and she has two pals coming over. OK, so I'm pals with the moms and the kids all play independently, but it still counts as socialization for her while we dish over Starbucks, right? LOL!

Ellie--I love you, too! :) Thank you so much for the financial tips yesterday--I did some grocery shopping yesterday and I'm going to create an excel spreadsheet to log those purchases in. We also have a change jar, but when it's full, DH just cashes it and we go out to eat. Your idea is a much better use of that money so I'll just have to take it to the bank before he does to start our cash fund program!

Now, the throwing the magazine thing away after you read it is going to be harder because I love my magazines and re-read them often. But I know you are right and 2009 is about change, right? Right! So last night I went through two issues of Cooking Light, tore out the pages I wanted to keep, and recycled them. They are gone! One small step for Wendy!!!

And I'm VERY VERY VERY proud of you for saying no to the party! Not easy at first, but don't you feel better that you did?

Good luck with IMAX 2 this morning!

Phyllis--UGH, I'm glad I have today off from work! But you started off on a really solid start with that intense workout!! Way to go!

Jill--You are having nice weather! Glad you got a good workout in. Isn't it nice to cross that off the "to do" list first thing? Love it!

Conni--Glad you can laugh with us instead of being scared of us, LOL! :)

OK, off to play hide the crap before pals come over...And yes, with Ellie's help, hopefully we won't have to play that game for most of 2009!!!

:) Wendy

Hi Peep-a-doodle-doo's:

I am afraid that the roosters are awake early here in the big dry ditch as well... I just got up at 5am because Missy Lou was pacing back and forth, huffing and waiting... she started squeeking on occassion too... it's pretty funny except at 5AM!!! :mad:

So, today I am getting my haircut and still waffling back and forth with what I want to do... I used to have very short hair (like Jill's) but have wanted to grow it into a short bob (think V Beckham or Katie Holms-Cruise)... BUT I do not do the in-between stages very well... right now I have something that could look like (Lisa Renna) with some length and flips on the ends and a bit of body on top... I really don't like the flat, straight styles on me... so, will see what we can do... i have about 4 more hours to come up with an answer...

Also, been eating badly (that interprets as eating all my favorite things ONE last time) and along with Cathe's new January rotation (WAY KILLER BTW!) DH and I are going to be serisouly changing our eating habits... So, I guess where I was going with this ramble is that we are going to our favorite burger joint to have one last burger and fries with cheese sauce!!! YUMMY! STRIPBURGER (named for obvious reasons) HERE WE COME! and maybe some shopping if it is not too busy down there... you never know...

So, it's not all about me... let's see:

Ellie: I'm glad you got out of the house and were able to go SHOPPING!!! LOL'ing at your profission and hypo-tendencies... I am not so we can balance eachother out OK! :) You too Wendy! K? sometimes a headache IS just a heachache... especially when you just hit yourself in the head with wall or cupboard door! HA! I'm glad that DH is getting into P90!! the other day I asked DH if he would think about doing STS with me because it isn't anything but weights and such, no cardio or step stuff... He said he would think about it... maybe we will... Enjoy your date night!!! that's a good tradition to keep! look forward to a movie review from you as well!

Phyllis: Alas, I will have to wait for the video as well... DH and I very infrequently go to the movies (as neither one of us are very good at sitting still that long) I don't recall if you have said, but what do you do Phyllis? Hope you have a good day...

Hi to all peeps that will follow! BBL after HC and gluttony, maybe shopping...

of course I take such a long time to write my stupid posts that a dozen people could have posted inbetween and I would be oblivious!

Morning Wendy: I love you too!!! and all my Peeps!!! I think this is the best find of 2008 and I absolutely look forward to gaining more peeps stuff in 2009! I"m looking forward to more organizing tips for both my home life and financial one! I'm also a big fan of HSC... did you get Challenge or Circuit? I have 2 Circuits (let me know if you know of anyone who needs it ~ the 2nd came with my high step) and I will be getting the others if I can... I want to wait to see if the new meds will make it possible for my knees to withstand those sorts of workouts...

Conni: glad you are sticking around... Most of the time I read these in true amazement and laughter... this group has a wonderful group atmosphere and all love it here!

Jill: LOLing at the long underwear stuff... I just bought DH 2 pair of longjohns because he also works outside and it has been frickin' COLD here in Vegas! but he laughed the other day because it was almost 60 degrees one day and he was roasting... hope you caught him in time!

OK< think I'm caught up for now... will BBL for a full report of the days activities, purchases, HC results!

Last edited:
Morning Peeps:

Happy 2009! Sorry I missed the check in yesterday....I had a headache:eek: I just layed around, read and dozed on & off. I got 3 1/2 hours sleep the night before so I needed it.

I know I gotta workout this moring but I just don't feel like it. I've been in this rut for way too long...always trying to talk myself into taking another day off:confused:

Ellie~ High fives to DH! How cool that he will go with you next monday to Cathe's class. Woo Hoo on the new workout clothes. Maybe that is what I need to get me moving again. Have fun with Imax 2:)

Phyllis~ Great workout! I didn't even know that premix existed. Sounds like a good one.

Jill~ Can I move in with you? It is zero this morning in lovely Minnesota but at least the sun is out. Cardio Coach rocks. Do you have Press Play? You should join us on the last Saturday of every month for Press Play Saturday plus challenge. It's a blast!

Conni~ Have a good workout! I hardly ever do PLB standing work cuz I hate changing all the plates on my barbell. I do enjoy the floor work with the stability ball. Let us know how it goes:)

Wendy~ Have fun at your play date;) I've got a suggestion for your stack of magazines. Do you have a scanner? You could scan the recipes or articles and put them on a cd. Then you can recycle the mags, clean up the clutter, and keep the info you want.

Dani~ LOL...I'm just like you! It takes me forever to type a post:confused: Enjoy that last burger...it sounds yummy. Well, I started eating clean yesterday for the new year and it lasted to dinner. We had pizza BUT I only had one piece along with a big salad. I'll start again today and see what happens:rolleyes:

Waves to Vilma, Karin, Jerry, Heather and all other peeps who pop in. BBL.

JJ

Alright Dani, but if I start posting all the fun pics of me and my boys and DH you guys are gonna seriously wonder if I am as old as I say I am!!!!

Attachments

• clowns2.jpg
    clowns2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 16
Alright Dani, but if I start posting all the fun pics of me and my boys and DH you guys are gonna seriously wonder if I am as old as I say I am!!!!

Hey... that's the fun part of aging gracefully! I don't look (or act) my age either! in fact the other day the X-ray Tech said that I looked like I was in my early 30's and I'll be 42 next month! He may have been exaggerating a bit, but I ate it up!

Ellie: I"m gonna make this my background pic! LOL! and age is just a number!

Well, I am back again.

Finished PLB and then did Tracey's Coreblast standing 2,3, and floor 1.

My DS and I are trying to figure out if we want to see Marley and Me or go to lunch at our favorite pizza joint...hmmm.....

If any of you are familiar with Akron Ohio, that would be the famous Luigi's, the be all end all of pizza in the universe as we know it...;

Hmmm...maybe I should do a poll.

Well, I am back again.

Finished PLB and then did Tracey's Coreblast standing 2,3, and floor 1.

My DS and I are trying to figure out if we want to see Marley and Me or go to lunch at our favorite pizza joint...hmmm.....

If any of you are familiar with Akron Ohio, that would be the famous Luigi's, the be all end all of pizza in the universe as we know it...;

Hmmm...maybe I should do a poll.

Conni: I have heard that a BOX o' Tissue will be needed for the movie!!! the whole circle of life thing... I haven't seen it yet, and the previews look great, but a friend of mine said both her and her DH were crying at the end... Just a warning :) and with the workout you managed to do today, I'd opt for the Pizza! LOL!!!

Conni,

If you see Marley and Me let me know how it is. I really want to see it, but I'm afraid it will be too sad!!!

And if you get the Pizza-mmmmmmmm Enjoy it!!!! What a great workout!!
Have fun
ellie

I just finished up doing iTrain #9 on my treadmill. I prefer CC but this was a pretty good workout with some fast endurance runs, sprints and hills. BUT now my hip is killing me and I'm sitting here with an ice pack on it. WTH!:mad:

Ellie~ Love the pic. What a great family you have!

Dani~ Your furbaby is adorable and from what I've been reading, is very smart too. How funny that she can tell time.

Conni~ I'd opt for the pizza:p I usually stay away from sad movies with animals.:confused:

Karin~ How are you feeling?

Have a great day peeps!

JJ

Hi Peeps!

Man I just opened up this thread to post and say hi to all and do personals and my son just rang me up so now I need to go and pick him up and do some groceries - meh.

I'll try to BBL and see how all are doing - sowwy!

picture.php

Hi Vilma!!

Awww, such is life... right? Just when we start one thing, something else comes up and throws a monkey wrench into our plans:confused:

Did you see Michele's post in OD about Jim MacLaren? He's been transferred to a nursing home and is feeling sad & depressed. He needs our help! Michele has his address so a bunch of us CCPP'ers are sending cards to cheer him up.

Hugs,

JJ

Good afternoon, Peeps...

Today I decided to do a 3 month membership at out local gym, strictly for cardio variety.

Nothing planned workout-wise, I will hit the gym on Saturday for an elliptical workout, and looking forward to my 4 DS rotation beginning Monday!

Ellie...Loved the pic, you and your family are too much fun...can't wait for your DH to join us for a Monday class, it will be so nice to have another real man in the class...(inside joke)....;) Good luck on Imax 2.

Phyllis...See ya on the 16th!

Jill....5:20??? Quit bumming around and sleeping in!

Dani...a haircut for me as well...I went with the John Malkovich from Con Air look!

Conni...don't get into a pizza war with me, a battle you simply can't win...Franks Famouse Pizza of Rio Grande totally rules all!

Have a great one, everyone!

Hi everyone. I'm still feeling blah. I get winded going up the steps in my house and like a dummy I tried to do an easy spin today but didn't last long before a heinous coughing fit started. I then did the athletic stretch section of Flexible Warrior 1. Better than nothing, huh?

I also trekked to the Home Depot today for some paint swatched for our bedroom and office. For our bedroom we are opting for a light blue color and I think I have found the one that I like. I have to ask DH and see what he thinks. For the office, we are thinking a cafe au lait color or a grayish/purple color. I found some swatches of each at Home Depot plus a purplish/brown color that might just be the one. I am not too overwhelmed by these painting projects because they are small rooms. DH and I painted the living room, hallway, and foyer and then the family room and hallway downstairs and it was a never ending projects because the rooms are way bigger.

I hope to get back for personals later...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.