P90X Thursday Checkin

aproudfit

Cathlete
Morning -

Our first thread in the new section!!!

Well - I did it!!! I did 60 minutes of the YogaX. Carole - I was thinking of you the whole time.... hehe... I also ordered a few of the other yoga workouts that you had mentioned. So looking forward to trying other ones too. I am not feeling terribly worked out - so I might do something else a little later.

Hope you all have a great start to your Thursday!

Hey P90X buff beautiful ladies!!!

I was supposed to do yoga this morning. Got dressed for it, even had the dvd playing, and was ready to do it, then realized it was simply not going to happen. So, I figure I'll do it this weekend - I love yoga, but just was not up for it today. I'll probably take short run a little later. But, other than that, I'll take a rest day today.

Happy Thursday - ONE MORE DAY 'TIL FRIDAY!! YEAH!

Hi P90X crew. I did x stretch today, along with a 5-mile run. On these stretch or yoga days, which I know are good for me, I feel as if I'm cheating. Enjoy whatever you do today.

Lorrie

Hi all! I haven't done X Stretch yet and I'm not sure I'll get to it today... I missed Legs and Back on Tuesday, so I tacked it on after Kenpo last night... :eek:

It went like this: Kenpo, Ab Ripper, then Legs and Back. less than 2.5 hours, and 1028 calories burned. THEN I had dinner!! :D

Tomorrow I've got 2 runs with the boot campers in the morning and then I'll attempt chest and back...

Christine, I've only done the full 90 minutes once! I end up stopping after 30 minutes because my mind is wandering so far off...

Hope everyone else is enjoying your workouts!!!

Amy! Great to hear from you! Hope all is well!!! Your workout yesterday sounds like a real killer. Hmm, now I'm wondering... Nah, I'm NOT getting up THAT early. If I survive legs and back, I'll go for a run. That will probably not happen...:+

Lorrie - I know what you mean. I feel that way, too. I skipped yoga today. Maybe I should do it tonight. I'm pretty useless after work - which is why I'm up at 4AM to workout, but maybe tonight I can do that. DD can laugh at me.

Way to go Anne!!! I think Yoga is one of those sleeper workouts. You don't really feel after you finish, how good it is for your body!!

Christine....I know how you feel....I have been putting off Yoga today....I do have this 30 min Yoga Core workout though.

Hi Lorrie...I agree it does feel like cheating...:)

Wow Amy...great workout last night!!

So, I did PLB standing section and a 5 mile interval run. Now I am contemplating Yoga, though my DH is not home to watch...:)

Hello P90x'ers! Today was my rest day. I worked really hard at it! I did teach swim lessons, work my pt job, take kids for haircuts & shopping. I feel like I have worked out!!!!Tomorrow is chest/back & ab ripper.

Anne - Congrats on 60 min of yoga! The mind can wander! We must focus!

Christine - Good for you! Listening to your body is a good thing. It is telling you what you need.

Lorrie = don't feel like you're cheating! I rested today. Hope you had a good run with stretchx.

Amy - you sound like a fitness machine! Hope you survived!

Christine - I love PLB! Hope your interval run was in pretty weather!

Hope you all get some get zzzz's and repair all those tired muscles!

Hi All...
yesterday was chest & back & ab ripper. I was so excited because my push ups are getting better!!
Today I replaced plyoX with Imax 2. I needed some Cathe. And I love that workout. I like Tony's workouts, but sometimes I think he can be alittle annoying, esp. how he is always saying "P90X". We know what workout we are doing, we don't need to be reminded all the time!

Amy...way to go!
Christine...PLB is a great workout.
Lorrie...I did stretch X for the first time last week and I enjoyed it. I agree though, I always feel like I'm cheating. I try telling myself "rest is good"

Yes Christine....happy early TGIF!!
Alicia

Hi y'all,

Today was supposed to be Stretch but haven't gotten to it yet.
Was up at 0300 to take DD to the bus for a band trip, then a bit of CleanMax & LaundryMax, then to the dentist to finally complete my porcelain crowns...only I got a root canal instead. Then toted mom around, now home.....going to stretch after I get a few more things done.
Glad to hear everyone is doing their own thing and doing it well.

BTW-I usually do the whole 90 of Yoga, and I sweat like a pig, and am sore the next day. Hats off to y'all, because is hard for me. I must need it! I am determined to conquer it! (This is my first experience with yoga).

Julie

I ended up getting 1/2 an hour of Rodney Yee's Power Yoga - it felt great. I'll have to finish another day. I enjoy Sun Salutations, and I'm really surprising myself at how flexible I'm becoming!

Janet..
I'm sorry...I forget to reply from yesterday's checkin. I didn't get to checkin yesterday.

PS: Rest is good. I did chest & back yesterday. Love that workout. Love seeing some progress.

My job is pretty physical...my husband and I have our own lawn care company. We fertilize, weed control, install lawns, repair lawns, do insect controls, etc. Right now is very busy for us. I'm lucky enough, were I can choose days where I can work in the office one day or go out in the field another day. I'm very fortunate. I love it.

Have a great night:)

Alicia
YA!!!on the new forum section.

Julie - I'm dripping sweat right now. Had to stop the workout and get a towel. So, it's not just you. And if I haven't done it for a while, I'm sore the next day, as well. I've been doing yoga for a while now, but on and off. I'm just now getting limber enough to feel comfortable in a lot of the poses. It will come - stick with it. And I actually like yoga. I just don't have time for the full 90 minutes. What I have noticed is that all of the push ups are making it a lot easier to go to Upward Dog gracefully (or should I say MORE gracefully!). I'm feeling really strong with this rotation. And I am seeing results already. I can really tell in my arms. This is after a week and a half.

Thanks, Christine!
Yes, I do plan to stick with it, and maybe purchase some more/different Yoga after P90X. I am noticing more flexability, and it is really helping to strengthen my wrists. I also have noticed that my focus is better, and I gotta believe there are core benefits as well. I know that I feel really good when I am finished....

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.