P90X January Starters Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 2/DAY 3

Good Morning Xers!:+

Nancy, It can be hard to make it work when life gets busy. That is what frustrates me about pre-planned rotations like this. Even Cathe's which are only a month long! Is there a cardio you COULD handle doing tonight when you get home? Maybe a lighter Cathe work out or something?? I wouldn't skip it entirely. If I were you I would do SOME kind of cardio tonight if at all possible UNLESS you think you'll have the time and inclination to do both today and tmrw's work out tomorrow! Good Luck!

Angie, Let me know how you do with the push up bars!

Today is Shoulders&Arms/ARX. Can't wait!!!
On wed nights I usually take a class at the gym. I am considering do YogaX instead tonight (instead of tmrw) and taking a class tmrw morning since I'm not working. We'll see what I'm in the mood for later on in the day. Either way I'll get everything done.

Gotta get move one...I'll be back later!:)

Hi, Wendy! How's little Joey doing these days???

This morning, up early for me. Chest & Back. LOVE IT! I've decided I'm going to continue to follow the P90X Classic Rotation, with Cathe leg work added in as well as running and her cardio. My own little mixture. I'm good and sore from yesterday's PLB! LOL

Today is busy....meeting at the school about DS's possible exit from the full day Kindergarten, then cleaning for a friend, then either the Y for swimming laps or home to run a few miles. We'll see which!

Have an awesome day!

Gayle

I know you're right, Wendy! I have to fit this workout in - probably tonight at 11 pm, lol. I don't know why I feel so guilty with just the thought of skipping a workout. I feel like Tony will "know".

I'm with you, Gayle. I LOVE Chest & Back too!!!! My back and chest are already feeling it from last evening. I did substitute two of the pushup moves for benchpresses and the other with flyes.

Nancy

What's up, ladies?

Today will be Plyo X for me. I am really looking forward to it, plus I just got my new heartrate monitor so it will be interesting to see how many cals I burn.

I do think next week I may sub other cardio just to switch things up. Probably KPC for Kenpo X and maybe an interval workout for Plyo. I don't know, though, as I don't want to miss the point of the recovery week... so maybe steady state will be a better choice. (Who am I kidding, I am so looking for an excuse to step!!)

Marie
:)

good morning...

yogurt for me! lol! (i've been saying to that hubby... driving him nuts!(

we did it inside rather than the garage.... all our equipment is in the garage.. and normally it doesn't bother me being out there cuz i get warmed up pretty quickly... but with yoga.. even though the 1st half is gets me a bit warm.... the 2nd half i get cold and for the last 5 minutes i FREEZE! with this unseasonable cold weather we've been having.. the garag is COLD!!! BRRRRRRRRRRR (angie.. i'm too cheap to pay the electricity for what a space heater would cost to run in the garage... plus i normally don't need one! where is my SOCAL weather??????)

last night after work we did a spinerval... i felt sluggish.... probably cuz i skipped riding sunday and monday? this weekend is looking nice so i'll be sure to get out there and ride!

i notice a lot of you substitute other workouts.... actually... i think all of you do? am i the only one that does just the p90x workouts for the 3 months? last time we did it i stuck to the program as wtitten (adding in cycling) and we're doing the same this time (with the exception of skipping the first week's rest day to get on track for a saturday rest day) i just assume it's made the way it is for a reason... cathe's kickboxing, legs and cardio are all way more intense than p90x... and no one else has a 90 minute yoga.. so i just do tony! (granted i'll be SO done with him at the end... it will be another year and a half before i'll be able to handle HIM again! lol!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Good afternoon ladies...I'm about ready to X it with shoulders and arms!

I have decided it will be yoga tonight and my class at the gym tmrw.

DB: I am altering the cardio in the X only. The rest of the rotation I am doing as is. I am changing up the cardio for a couple of reasons...First, I have to take a class at my gym one time per week in order to maintain a free membership and second, is that I need to maintain my endurance for running. I intend to train for a half marathon after completing the X so to stop running right now would take me several steps back and I don't want that. Other than that, I am following the rotation as is except for the occasional times when I need to move things around because life is getting in the way! LOL If I could follow it more closely cardio wise I would but it's not happening right now. Maybe next time (post half marathon) I can do it "by the book" and not add or change ANYTHING!:)

Well, I haven't subbed anything yet but I am thinking I will never be able to do the same cardio week in and week out for three months!

i ADD.... cuz i add riding... no way would i give up riding my bike for 3 months... so i understand the running thing!!!!

even last time i rode! (that's why we have rest day on saturday cuz if we have a big ride... it's usually on saturday... last time we did this we had a ride on sunday... so got up in the middle of the night... drove to the ride... did the ride... drove home... and the did whatever that workout was (forget which phase.. so either chest and back or the other first day of the week workout!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

>Well, I haven't subbed anything yet but I am thinking I will
>never be able to do the same cardio week in and week out for
>three months!

i have more of an issue of doing the yoga for so many weeks moreso than the cardio (plyo or kenpo!) i have a real mental block about getting started doing his yoga... even though i benefit from it and feel good afterwards! so i understand....

some aspects of this rotation really ARE mental! (but then... i always say that a LOT of riding a bike 100 or more miles is a LOT of mental, too!)

-------------

>some aspects of this rotation really ARE mental! (but then...
>i always say that a LOT of riding a bike 100 or more miles is
>a LOT of mental, too!)

LOL, yes, I would agree with that.

My issue with the cardio is that I actually REALLY like it. I enjoy the Plyo moves and I think Kenpo gives a great opportunity to work on power and form. And I feel guilty even thinking about subbing, but I'm trying to take the long-term view. :)

I struggle with the yoga, too. I actually really liked the first half after a couple of tries but find the second half so awkward. I will not regale you with tales of my crane poses, lol. I did buy yoga blocks today so I'm hoping that helps.

:)

Well, shoulders&arms/ARX is complete! }(

I've decided that it will be YogaX tonight and my class tomorrow. Actually, what I will most likely do is half of the yoga this evening and half tmrw before or after my class at the gym.

Friday is Legs and Back. I look forward to it. I think I am in the minority as I actually LIKE the leg work in the X! I am not fond of heavy lifting for the legs anyway because it doesn't "bring" the results I want so the X legs are right up my alley!:) I get a kick out of the "sneaky lunges"! They look silly but they are effective!!!:+

Okay, I've scarfed down my protein shake and now must hit the showers! I'll be back later on girls!

:7

Hey Everyone,

My chest is sore from Chest & Back yesterday. I did pretty good on the first round, but was really sick of the push ups and didn't "bring it" as best as I could on the second round. This morning I did plyo x. I really like this workout but I'm not sure why.

Angie-I actually workout in the morning before work, and some days at the rec ctr on my lunch. I just don't have time to check it until the middle of the day.

Wendy-I love Shoulders & arms too. I think because I can lift really heavy 15-25lbs which is heavy for me. I hope you enjoy the half marathon distance as much as I do. Still challenging, but not an all out killer (thinking marathon:))

Gayle-glad you decided to stay with us, or the x I mean. Being overweight, I really need to keep up the cardio also. You have to find what works best for you.

Nancy-if you miss a day, you simply miss a day. If you can add in the workout-great. If not, just move on to the next day and not worry about it.

Marie-you'll have to let us know how you like your new hr monitor. The first time I did plyo X I burned 550 cals, 2nd time was 540 cals and today was 520 cals. I use my hr monitor for all my cardio workouts and have for years. I love stepping too. I usally sub cardio for yoga x (very bad I know).

db-you are truly amazing. I ride my bike in my neighborhood with my kids and occasionally go mtn biking. I'm not sure I could ride a 100 miles-like every weekend. you go girl!!!!

rm-you show true dedication to the P90X program by not subbing in your own workouts. I feel the same way about ab ripper x as you do the cardio. I am sick of it pretty much. I am doing arx once a week and using Cathe for the other 2 ab workouts.

Keep up the good work ladies.

Diana

Phase 1/week 3/day 3 (my own version of classic)

Good morning ladies!

I managed to do a 1/2 kinda sorta Chest and Back yesterday .. :) .. still a bit weak ...

Back to the Dr. this morning . . everything is ok .. just a waiting game now.. if anyone has ever had to pass a stone it is a nightmare! x( .. it is now moved to my bladder and I am feeling really good .. so I guess it is going to hang out there for a while b-4 passing!

Tonight going to do my version of Plyo and Core Synergy (class combining plyo work and floor core work . . lots of planks and lots of yoga}

Blew the clean eating ..
x( .. YUP .. was about to have a non eating fit b/c the dang dr. office took so long . . so I got the closest thing I could .. hamburger and fries .. OMG .. ssoooooooo good! :9 .. and I am NOT even worried about it .. will get back on track... EVENTUALLY ..

Ok .. have great workouts and a great day ladies!!!:7

OH!!!!! i don't ride 100 miles in one shot every weekend! yikes! lol! there are a few weeks in the spring and fall that that happens depending on when the rides are set for... but usually there's at least a week or two between centuries and in the winter (nov/dec) it's just "regular" rides... no centuries! this weekend will be me on my own for a ride on saturday and a group ride of about 30-40 miles on sunday! oh... and i LOVE mountain biking (may do that satuday!!!! we just got brand new mountain bikes before christmas cuz we've gotten "the bug" for it... it's a BLAST!!!!! i actually prefer mountain biking in the cold weather cuz it just feels warmer since you aren't riding as fast!)

-------------

Quick note from me today is all

Last night I did Legs and Back - no time for Yoga X

Tonight is Yoga X and tomorrow KenpoX and ARX....

Hey Everybody -

Done with Classic/Phase 1/Week3/Day 2

So my meeting was cancelled and I was able to do PlyoX. I like this workout a lot too. I modify like Pam the blam and don't do the tuck jumps or "rocker"(?) jumps. I'm afraid of hurting myself. It's still a great workout with these modifications.

Tomorrow Arms & Shoulders and I'm looking forward to "bringing it".

Wendy, I love Back and Legs too. I swear my legs are thinner....? At least I hope so!

I love doing a rotation.

Nancy

Hi all - Well - I'm totally IMPRESSED with all of us. Sounds like we are bringin it and it is so COOL!!:)

Did Biceps and back today with ARX. Sometimes ARX is such a CHORE! Some days I can get through it without too much trouble and other days - ugh.

I'm drinking a protein shake after the strength workouts and usually have a protein bar as a snack on the cardio or yoga days. I probably should do the protein shake every day, but I hate to add the extra calories. So, on those days that I don't have the extra shake I try to make sure I have fish or chicken for dinner to make up for it.

db - I'm still with ya.:) I'm not subbing Cathe or missing any workouts. I'll stay with it until the bitter end. I'm happy with the results thus far, so I'm in it for the long haul. I am really looking forward to being done though, so I can do some Cathe and change up some workouts.

Wendy - no push ups today. Just pull up hell}(

Marie - enjoy your new HRM - when I did plyo this week, I burned 425 calories with plyo. Man is that ever a tough workout - love it}( I just started using my HRM too and it is a neat tool to have. When Tony announces his HR, I'm still about 20 beats above his:eek: Maybe he's not really bringin it??:p Nah - he's just in better shape than me...

Laura - well it sounds like the hard part is over for you. Yay!! Most people don't even know when they pass the stone out of the bladder unless the doctor orders a urine strainer. They like to send the stones to the lab for analysis. Anyways.....glad the worst is over for you. Ease back into it slowly and welcome back!

Later gaters

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.