P90X January Starters, Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Xers!

PHASE 1/WEEK 2/DAY 6: Cardio Day

Gayle: You asked my y'day what Half I might have my eye on. Well, none yet to be honest. LOL I poked around some when I first made this decision but nothing is calling me to yet. I have to keep looking.

Well, I managed Legs and Back y'day but had to skip ARX due to time restraints. I will make it up today. After taking spin on thursday and then doing Legs and Back y'day, let me tell you that my legs and especially my butt are talking to me this morning!:7 I have a TM run on tap at the gym this morning. I am hoping to go long but we'll have to see how my endurance holds up since I've cut my running back so much for the X.

I must say that along with a few of you I am already starting to see results from this program. My biceps appear to be more pumped, my stomach is changing for the better-I am actually starting to see the possibility of the beginnings of a 6-pack! WOO HOO! I used to joke that I had a 2 pack prior to the X so I DID have some definition but the X seems to be adding some. :)

Hope everyone has a good day today. I probably won't be on much as I am having company over for dinner later so I have a lot to do after my work out.

Ciao Bellas!:7

Good morning, ladies!!

Today is Legs & Back/ARX for me. Y'day was Yoga X. I did the first half but never got back to the second. Sigh. I am TRYING REALLY HARD to like that workout, but it just frustrates me. And next week I have to do it twice, so plenty of practice at liking it more! LOL

Wendy, I wanted to tell you, I also enjoy the legwork in this program. I find my legs respond really well to freestyle vs. weight training (although they respond to that, too, just differently) so I'm enjoying the change.

I am definitely looking forward to recovery week next week. I'm feeling a bit beat up at the moment....

Have a great weekend, all!
Marie

Good mornin ladies!

This is a lonely ole place on the weekends isn't it? LOL

Wendy - I did legs & back yesterday and I had to do it in the morning because of my schedule. Man - did I crash in the late afternoon, even with good eating and a protein bar for a pick me up. Geeze - I usually do it at 4pm, so I don't generally feel DOMS until the next day, but I was really sore when evening rolled around. DOMS are so much better in my sleep:D Although, I still have some this AM too.:) And - talking about dinner. I made salmon fillets last night with an easy to make dill sauce. It was heaven!! I don't know why, but I have never made it at home before. I guess I just figured I wouldn't be able to make it taste as good as the restaurants - I was wrong! It was so yummy and incredibly healthy too - hard to believe they go hand in hand. If anyone wants the easy recipe let me know...or maybe you all might have one to post?

Marie - I know what you mean about Yoga X. I am starting to not mind it so much - not "like" it though. I am getting more flexible - able to reach farther and get a finger lock with the hand wrapping under the thigh from the half moon move and not fall on my rump. It is definitely a challenge ')

Today is Kenpo. I'll take Tracy's advice and try to sit lower in the horse stance and concentrate on my core and punches to try to increase the intensity. I think I even have a closet to tackle today - gotta love weekends :)

Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend!!!

Angie

Good morning Ladies!

Yes .. I am actually checking in on a Saturday!! WOW ...

My home computer has only DIAL UP .. OMG .. I almost threw the #### thing out of the window a minute ago .. trying to download something . $%$#%#@$%@#$%#$ .. I live in the BOONDOCKS country .. high speed in not available out here .. not even via satalite yet!! I think I am going to have to go for a run or something to blow off some steam .. @$%@#$%@#%#^x( x( x( x(

OK .. with that said .. hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend ..

I may MAKE myself stick to it and do LEGS/back like I am supposed to .. but man I need to blow off some steam .. LOL

We are getting new carpet next week ..so that means we start moving furniture and Mr Anal DH wants to put down a new sub floor (????) .. so lots of work ahead for me .. oh well extra calories to burn right?

Nancy .. I STILL have faith in you .. if it helps .. don't look at the timer .. say to yourself make it to 30 minutes .. that is the hardest .. then it WILL get bettter!! I love yoga and it requires a lot of strength as well as flexibility .. I crack myself up trying to do the 1/2 splits .. you know balancing on one leg the other straight up (supposedly) .. and you are supposed to breath and be comfortable ..YEAH RIGHT .. but it is a challenge .. and every time I do it .. it get a bit better .. although I still crack myself up sometimes!

Hey .. I actually took some pics of the upper body improvement .. LOL .. OK .. how in the world do you take a picture of yourself ?? I got 2 decent shots in a mirror (although the flash make some of it blurry)... you can see the improvement .. may get brave and post them ... :eek: .. may not .. LOL

ok .. have a good one .. I am getting of the slow turtle thing before I completly loose it ..

have a GREAT weekend .. and hot/sweaty/ painful workouts!!:7

Hi Everyone,

It was such a hectic day yesterday and I never got my workout in. It was supposed to be legs and back. I also haven't worked out today and it's nearly 4:30. We have been busy all day but I hope to be back on track tomorrow.

I'm so glad we are starting the next phase. It will be nice to add in some new workouts.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Diana

Hey Everybody -

Well, I posted my disaster with Yoga X yesterday. Thanks for having faith in me Laura, I just don't know. That's hard!!!! I'll try again next week.

Today was ARX and Chest & Legs and I brought it. I love that workout. It's my favorite!

Tomorrow Kenpo and Monday is Stretch and then Recovery week for me. I haven't looked at it yet but I have a feeling that two Yoga X's are in there. How is that a recovery week? I'm scared!!!!

Okay, going to Karaoke night (never did this before) where they're serving 6 foot heroes and finger foods......it never ends. I wish I could give up eating for a while. I'll try................to be good.

Have a great night!

Nancy

Hey Everybody -

Well, I posted my disaster with Yoga X yesterday. Thanks for having faith in me Laura, I just don't know. That's hard!!!! I'll try again next week.

Today was ARX and Chest & Legs and I brought it. I love that workout. It's my favorite!

Tomorrow Kenpo and Monday is Stretch and then Recovery week for me. I haven't looked at it yet but I have a feeling that two Yoga X's are in there. How is that a recovery week? I'm scared!!!!

Okay, going to Karaoke night (never did this before) where they're serving 6 foot heroes and finger foods......it never ends. I wish I could give up eating for a while. I'll try................to be good.

Have a great night!

Nancy

So I actually managed a 5 miler on the TM this morning. I'm happy!:) I got ARX in while dinner was cooking in the afternoon and thank goodness I did cause if I waited until company left (about 9pm), there is NO WAY I'd have the energy for that! I am exhausted. I have pretty much been on the go since 9am when DH and I left for the gym. I went to the foodstore, cleaned the house, cooked, entertained, cleaned up, etc. I can't wait to hit the bed tonight!:)

Have a great night everyone!

oopsie.... i posted i the wrong p90x thread!

here's my post:

hi ladies! i'm finally here!

what a day.... lol! today was my p90x rest day.... i intended to do some stretching but never got around to it.... i also intended to do a bunch of housework... but never got around to it!

i did get out on the mountain bike for about an hour and a half... nothing hard.... just some area dirt roads.... it was "warm" compared to what we've been having! lol!

tomorrow starts recovery week.... so yogaX twice! oh joy!

i'm actually glad it's recovery week... ever since yesterday i've had a pain in my mid back... right side????? so if i had to do back tomorrow i'm not so sure i'd be able too! i think the yoga will do it some good!

OH.... i ate SO bad last night! we ended up at baja fresh where i ate a cheese quesadilla and TONS of chips (YUM) and guacamole! (YUM YUM!!!!) but i didn't stop there.... nope.... i went to coldstone after that.... and don't EVEN ask what size i got! (but boy was it GOOD!

i'm back on track with eating today.... thank goodness! lol! tomorrow we have a bike ride with a friend who is leaving for okinawa.... and they are going to our favorite local mexican restaurant after the ride.... right now i'm saying NO.... but we'll see what i say tomorrow after the ride (and no.... i won't burn nearly enough calories to offset!)

have a great evening and see you all tomorrow!!!!!
-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

http://www.picturetrail.com/desertbriez

DB, Sorry about your back pain. I hope it goes away fast. Going into your recovery week this week couldn't be better timed!

I didn't eat well myself today. I had DH's family over for dinner so the meal wasn't exactly HEALTHY but sooo delicious! We had louisianna crunch cake for dessert. That was pretty tastey as well! :9 I am not perfect in my eating and do not try to be. I eat well atleast 80% of the time I would say...maybe even more and I am seeing results so I am happy with that. I LOVE food and would not be happy if I couldn't "indulge". }( I am not against getting super strict with my diet for a certain period of time if I need to (like when I was struggling to lose the last 15 of my pregnancy weight) but that's it.

My legs/rear end are SCREAMING at me ladies! OMG! They are sooo sore already and I just ran this morning! Spin, L&B and a long run back to back is one lethal combo! }( :7 }( I wonder how I will feel tomorrow? I'm afraid to find out! LOL

Okay, I'm outta here...Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Good night.:)

LOL... Had me going over at X'er thread... I thought I had totally lost my mind ... I know who you are of course but thought I missed you joining X'ers... Thanks for keeping me on my toes so early on a Sunday morning!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.