P90X January Starters Friday TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

banslug

Cathlete
GOOOOOOOOD morning to everybody to come! How are we this morning?

Quickly (as I have to get my boys out of bed and to school). Day 6 of phase 1 of week 1 of Classic rotation! That's a mouth fulL! LOL

Legs & Back and AbRipper X. After all the tips and help with assisted pull ups, I finally found a suitable position for my high step to help boost me up. Finally. But, I ordered a set of bands last night to do the assisted. I'll feel much safer with them, I think. I have to say how surprised I was that there were very few weights used in the leg portion. It felt SO strange not lifting my barbell over my head. I'll wait and see how this works for my body!

Today.....I'm headed to the Y to swim a half-hour of laps to practice, then I have my 9:15 Pilates class that I'm trying out this session! Lots of physical activity for me early today, but I'll manage! LOL. It will make for an awesome lunch with my friends this afternoon!

BBL

YOU LADIES ROCK!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Hi Gayle and all who follow -

Okay, I did Arms & Shoulders. I don't know about this workout. I had already had his one so it was no surprise. I know that most of you love this one, but I find it a little boring. And, I don't think I really did that well. I can't lift that heavy for bi's and tri's - max. 8 so I just don't know if this workout was good enough for me. I need to lift heavier, I know - I just can't move budge a heavier weight. ugh!!!

And, Ab Ripper X. If you can't do half of the workout, is it better to do one or two of Cathe's workouts and do a great job.

I don't know...I feel a little disgusted today because I feel like I don't really "bring it". (Plus I'm feeling fat.)

Nancy

ETA: Sorry for the negative post. I guess I'm just not feeling this and I want to - so bad!!!!

Morning Ladies!

Day 5 for me!!

Well I am not quite as sore as I was yesterday .. thank goodness. yes - my biceps and triceps are sore .. but not as bad as I thought they would be. I called myself taking it easy .. worked with only 10# thru the entire thing at 15 reps . . so next time will up my weight now that I know I will survive it .. LOL!:)

Today is my active rest day .. going to do a light run on the treadmill at lunch and that is it! tommorrow is YogaX .. and as sore as I have been this week man do I NEED it!!

Nancy .. hey we all have bad/off days .. and looking at your pics you are NOT fat .. come on .. you are beautiful! I don't know why but we all have those days where we feel horribly fat and like we don't or can't "bring it" .. this too shall pass!! :D

Hey .. and IMHO .. if you are working w/8# on that video and don't feel like you had a workout.. if you can complete 15 reps with that weight .. try the 10# .. if it means only doing one or two reps (eek out as many as you can) then pick the 8's back up and finish up.. small steps will lead to big gains ...

when I started on weighted bicep and tricep work .. I started w/5# .. LOL .. then was amazed when I could actually lift 10# .. and w/Cathe I made it to 12# then to 15# .. I hate working that body part .. and I KNOW I need it .. all the women in my family have big arms .. and I would rather have big muscular arms than big floppy ones (dang genetics) .. SO HANG IN THERE!!!

Good luck to all .. hope everyone has a great weekend!!:7

Hang in there Nancy - we all have those days!!!

I admit I loved the workout too - - - I managed to find the correct weight on the second round. Doing 12-15 reps, sometimes I hit 20 on the first round and went heavier on the second. I like that you can easily make adjustments.....

To be honest i have never had much probs with my ab strength. When I was in fifth grade I was told I had scoliosis. My doc recommended I do these ab exercises for ten mins in the morning and ten mins at night to avoid wearing a brace. I cried so hard - of course I about doubled that and was religious about abs - so ever since then, I have NEVER neglected my abs (late 20s now). Some sort of fear thing. . . .so ABX is very doable for me. BUT, if you can only do 15 of each, I would do that versus switching it up. That way in the end you can see if you can hit the 25 :)

Tonight is supposed to be my rest night.

Hi ladies. Great workouts all around. Sometimes just DOING a workout is a success!

Nancy-I agree with Laura. Start heavier and go lighter to finish a set if needed. I'm not 100% happy this week with all my weight selections, but it's only my first time thru and you better believe that next week, I'LL BRING IT MORE!!!!!

OK...got to the YMCA. My lower half is tired now! LOL. 40 minutes of laps in the pool (still practicing my stroke...having trouble with the breathing rythym, though) and then my 45 minute Pilates class. The instructor included a lot of ab work and outer thigh work. I'm beat! LOL

Have an awesome afternoon and evening. I will be checking in and posting over the weekend, since the boys and I don't really have any concrete plans.

Gayle

Just a quick check in-

Thanks for all the encouraging words! I'm feeling better now. My hip flexors are killing me and I'm assuming it's from ARX. I wish my core hurt this bad!, lol

Okay, off to do YogaX. I'm not really into Yoga so this should be interesting. Wish me luck!!!

Have a good night everyone.

Nsncy

Hi all

Just started phase 2 today - ugh. Chest, shoulders and triceps is a tough one - more push upsx( It is hard but doable and I'm glad about the fact that you only do each exercise once, so when you do an exercise you hate - you're done. Boy do my muscles feel pumped when I'm done. I weighed in today and up 4#:( Tomorrow I'll measure and I'm sure I'll be more happy with the results.

I know how you feel Nancy - those days are a struggle to get through. But you can do it!!;) Good luck with YogaX

Looking forward to DOMS tomorrow:7

Until then.................

Angie

ahhhhhh nancy... HUGZ! it's ok.... every day can't be an ON day!!!! it will get better!

so today was legs and back..... i remembered that the leg workout was just "ok" from last time we did this rotation.... uhm.... but something is going on! now i know i had been neglecting leg workouts lately cuz i didn't want to do a heavy leg workout and "ruin" a good bike ride.... but what i've been feeling all day and tonight is just ridiculous! my quads are SOOOOOOO sore! it has to be the wall squats... it's the only thing i can come up with... they hurt just to barely touch them! and walk? ya... ok.... i'll just sit right here, thank you very much! (and we're supposed to ride our bikes tomorrow and sunday *laughs hysterically!*)

i'm late with reporting cuz as soon as we finished the workout we got showered, dressed and left to go shopping (hubby took today off, too... my last day of use or lose vacation time... *cry*) anyways... we had seen a pull up tower thing at big 5 but the one in the ad wasn't what was in the store and we didn't like it. (we currently have the door pull up thingy so needed another pull up area) anyways.... we headed to sports authority and they had a tower with assist! SCORE! i have to use a chair and i'm not crazy about that.... so i did some pull ups in the store with the assist... oh my... SO much better!!!! and apparently the amount looks to be adjustable.. it's a gold's gym version... here's the link at sport's authority's site

http://www.sportsauthority.com/prod...=2437322&cp=694003&view=all&parentPage=family

now i'm actually excited to do chest and back on sunday!!! WOO HOO!!

as for tomorrow and kenpo... uhm... isn't there kicking in that workout???? ME.... KICK????? yikes!!!! lol!

ok... i'm off to bed now! it's way past my bedtime! see you all tomorrow!!!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

OH! i almost forgot! for those of you with cathe calendars! i whinned cuz i have the calendar and STICKERS and now can't use them for 3 months... well today at office depot i got some stamp sized stickers and avery has a template... so tomorrow i'm gonna see about making some p90X stickers! i'll let you know how i make out with that!!!!!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.