P90X Jan grads/Feb Starters + Nancy, Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Today is yoga. I am thinking X right now but that could change...:p

I have some doms from my double ab attack y'day. }(

Have to work this morning...Have a great day!:)

Hi Wendy -

Unfortunately I've been up since 5:30. I wish I was sleeping on a beach somewhere though!!!!

I have a question -- I did S & H Bi's and Tri's yesterday as heavy as I could and don't feel a thing today and yet when I do an easy workout like Power Hour my bi's and tri's kill me the next day. I don't get. What a waste of an hour!!!! I can't for the life of me figure this out. Do you think some people respond better to endurance type workouts than heavy lifting?

Okay, I'll be back later!!!

Nancy :)

Nancy: Ofcourse different people respond differently to different types of work outs and perhaps your body responds better to endurance vs heavy lifting BUT also remember that just because you don't get DOMS does NOT mean that the work out was not effective and worth your while!:)

Well, TTOM arrived last night and brought with it...CRAMPS! I didn't feel well all morning so when I got home home from work I took 2 ibuprofen hit the bed for a short nap. When I got up I felt much better but just was not in the mood for yoga.

I actually thought about taking an unscheduled rest day because I also think I might be catching a chest cold (slight cough and the beginnings of a phlegm ball in my throat, EWW!) but the nap rejuvinated me to the point of wanting to work out so I opted for one of my new SS Express work outs: Cardio Core! I LIKED IT! :) Debbie uses 3# weights in the this work out. I used 5#. I felt it. It was only a light cardio work out for me as it probably would be for most Catheites but I feel it did a good job isolating the core muscles-especially the waistline. I worked up a sweat too!

I plan to make up my missed yoga work out tmrw night. That's when I had been doing most of my yoga prior to this anyway so it works. :)

Gotta go get ready for a visit to my mom's house in a bit but I'll be back later to check in y'all!;)

Have a great afternoon!

Hi Ladies,

I weighed in today and was up 1lb. I don't even know how that is possible. I've been following the program and exercising. It is so disappointing. :( I will just keep plugging away and hope the scale starts moving in the right direction.

Wendy-hope your PMS isn't too bad. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with that anymore. Of course I still have the cravings but none of the rest of it. What are the SS Express workouts? It sounds to me like you may be on a workout bender!!

Nancy-Wendy is right. Just because you don't have doms doesn't mean the workout isn't effective.

Happy Day to all,

Diana

Hi ladies…

Last night I took your advice (thanks!) and went w/ C&B but subbed BM2 abs for ARX. Tonight will most likely be yoga.

Nancy :: I agree w/ the others that you don’t have to have DOMS to be getting a good workout. That being said, I have experienced that, too…A surprisingly “easy” workout gets in there good. For example, 10 Min. Solutions K’boxing works arms & shoulders for only 10 minutes and that one burns up my tri’s every time. If you haven't done PH in awhile, that could be why, too.

Wendy :: glad TTOM didn’t sideline you totally today…thanks for the thoughts on Cardio Core. It’s probably only a matter of time before you get me ordering that series.

Diana :: try not to be too discouraged about the 1 lb. gain…I do understand your frustration – my scale has been stuck for a couple of months now…but I;ve lost inches and went down a pants size, so I’m trying not to be fixated on numbers. I know I could be eating cleaner, but I’m thinking a whole lot of loss is not going to be possible while doing the Classic X…I do think when you are lifting and doing cardio, it sometimes takes a while for the scale to catch up.

OK, gonna kick back a bit and then get to my workout. Have a great night!
~Cathy :)

Good evening ladies

Wow - I did YogaX yesterday and am really feelin it today. My butt and hamstrings are tight! I totally didn't expect that. Hmmm - maybe I should be doing that one more often. Ug! LOL! I still did the X L&B when I got home and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow too since I was already there before the workout.:)

Nancy - Glad to hear from you. I think I'm gonna dig out slow and heavy for next week. Isn't it strange how different workouts feel so different the next day? Like sometimes I can do IMAX1 and it's a walk in the park and other days it takes every last bit of energy I have to get thru it.

Wendy - Sorry you're not feeling all that great, but at least you know it won't last long. Did you get some more new workouts or are these old ones for you?

Diana - Damn scales huh?x( I know the feeling. I had been steadily declining and now I am up a pound and down a pound then up 2 pounds and down a pound - ACK! It's enough to drive a person nuts! That's why I never owned a scale until about 6 months ago, but if I don't check at least once a week I won't catch those ups and won't do anything to correct it and I'd be right back where I started. But still.......I soooo understand your frustration, especially when you know you have been good.

Cathy - BM2 for abs? I've never done that for just abs - what a great idea! I'll have to keep that in mind. Have a nice Yoga workout. Those darn vinyasa's (sp?) are killer. }(

OK Laura - it's not like you to post this late - busy day at work?

Catch ya all later - off to finish my hot fudge sunday. I had fish for dinner and no snacks today so I'm splurging.:)

Angie

Good Evening Ladies!

So I called today looking for a 30 day P/T extension on my exam and got 60 days!!! I think I'll have MORE THEN ENOUGH TIME, ey? ;) LOL Even if I only recorded one exercise a day I would STILL have over a month left at the end!

For those of you who were asking me...Cathy and Angie I think...SS Express are Slim Series Express work out by Beach Body. They are a new series that I just got the other day. There are 4 vids. Cardio Sculpt, Cardio Core, Cool Off and 6 mins Abs. Cardio Sculpt is 30 mins of light weight/high rep weight training mostly for upper body. Cardio Core is very light cardio that concentrates on working the core/stomach muscles using light weights for part of it. Cool Off is a 30 min stretch routine and I think 6 mins Abs is self explanatory!;) This is the follow up to the Slim Series. I have the Slim Series but could never get into a full rotation with them because they are too long and boring IMO. I hear they warrant great results though. The Express work outs are shorter...and so far MUCH BETTER so I am hoping to mix both into a rotation along with a run and spin to make it something I can do long enough to see what it does for me. Maybe I can mix 'em up with some Jari too! }(

Okay, I'm off to read some HP and get some sleep. I got called into work again tmrw. I was on the schedule for 2 days this week but will end up working 4!

Have a great night everyone!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.