P90X Grads and Nancy: TGIF!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Happy Friday Ladies!:)

Today's original work out plan was Tear It Up, push ups and pull ups but I am now having to leave my house by 3pm to bring Joey up to my MIL's so with having to work this morning, trying to do this work out could be too rushed. TIU is about 80 minutes long! :eek: Tomorrow's work out is Cardio Core Express, ab work and a run. I could easily get Cardio Core and the ab work done before heading up to MIL's and I could hit the gym for my run on the way home so that is PROBABLY what I will do. I can then do Tear It Up tmrw morning. :)

Laura: Well I blew off yoga last night in favor of going to my mom's instead. I am hoping to fit it in this weekend though. I can't believe your dog rolled in the dirt right after his bath! I'd be sooo mad! LOL

Angie: Spinning is a great work out! I am going to be purchasing spin shoes soon. I got the name of a reputable store in my area. I am hoping to be able to take a ride over there within the week.}( Have fun this weekend girl!:7

Nancy: So how did your girls night go? I used to have them at my house. Unfortunately we got busy and haven't done it in a while. :-( I hope to get back to it one day though...

Cathy: I'm glad your new running shoes worked out for you on their maiden voyage! I am due to buy new shoes this summer myself.

TGIF everyone!:)

Grrrrrrrr - I posted once already and lost it in cyber space again!}(

I have more cleaning and packing to do today. I still have to decide if I need to go shopping today or tomorrow for clothes that actually fit.:) DH put on shorts yesterday and was pulling on the waistband to show me that he doesn't have any shorts that fit anymore. It is so cool! I hate to shop for clothes, but it's great that we both need smaller sizes. Since this morning, we have both lost 25 pounds each.:) ***doing a happy dance*** Note to self - take dancing lessions. I was so happy to finally see the scale go south as it was stubbornly planted in place for the past 3 weeks.}(

I think I have muscle max on tap for today. I also have lots of cleaning, packing (still), and now shopping to do. It will be nice to get away for a few days next week. I'm hoping I don't fall of the wagon too badly at the races - beerfest will be my downfall. But, since the kids will be going with us, I'm sure it will be pretty tame. I've already packed my healthy snacks and am taking lots of water. I'm also taking a pedometer and a comfy pair of sneakers. We do lots of walking there!!

Wendy - you do such a good job of arranging your w/o to fit your life. Who does the TIU w/o? Is that the one you don't like very well? Have fun at MIL's.

Nancy - Sounds like you were naughty yesterday. Good for u!!:) Did you have to call in sick today too??x( How many more days until school is out?

Laura - Thanks for the tip on the yoga w/o. I'm tempted....but it's so hard for me to order a yoga w/o. I'll definitly give it some thought. Glad you are getting some rain - what a relief!

Cathy - I feel like such an idiot asking about your running kicks w/o. LOL! Duh! Sometimes I have my moments.....

Diana - Where the heck are ya girl? I know you have been slammed at work - I sure hope you get the weekend off to blow off some steam. We're missin ya.:(

BBL to see what ya all are up to and hope this post doesn't get lost in cyberspace.....

Angie

TGIF.....

It's finally Friday and I have today off as a vacation day. I have a very busy day planned but at least I'm don't have to go to work. I told them to call me if they needed me to do anything. I'm afraid to log in to work as I might be needed. They were told to call so I'm trying to refrain from logging in from home.
I missed my WW weigh in this week but weighed at home and was up .4 lb. I'm not concerned with less than a 1/2lb increase.

Youngest DH had his 5th grade continuation Tuesday night. He was also a recipient of the Presidential Award of Excellence. I am so proud of him. Then MIL took us out for ice cream at marble slab and I was bad. I had vanilla ice cream with a Reese's in it. MMM MMMM delicious.

I was at work on Wed at 6:30am and did not get home until 7pm. Thursday was another early day but I left just in time to get to my 7pm bootcamp class. I am really enjoying this class. Last night consisted of just a little running, jump rope, tons of pushups and situps, jumps, squats, lunges, lateral run (uphill) etc.

We have a huge party planned for my dad tomorrow. All my brothers and sisters are coming in from Wyoming, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. I'm so excited to see everyone. I have to run around today and pickup tables and chairs and head over early tomorrow to set up.

I have total body weight training on tap for today. I was thinking MM but since I did that on Mon, I may do MIS.

Wendy-Now that I've typed so much I can't remember what you were doing today. Whatever it is, have a great workout and great Friday.

Angie-Congratulations on the weight loss. That is awesome that DH is losing wt too. I wish my DH would get on a health kick. It sounds like you have plan for your weekend trip. It's inevitable that something will be forgotten. Don't worry about it. I hope you and your family have a great time.

Nancy-I wished I loved to cook like you. You make the most wonderful dinners. Did you have to work today, or do you get to start your weekend early.:)

Laura-I can't believe you gave Imax 3 to your SIL. Too much jumping for you-I don't believe it. It's one of my favorite w/o's.

Cathy-cruising the NY harbor sounds absolutely wonderful to me. I've never been to NY but it is on my list of places to visit.

I certainly hope I didn't miss anyone. I hope everyone has a great today and a wonderful weekend.

Diana

Morning Ladies ..

TGIF!!! going to be a wild one .. had to come in early and have WAY too many collections out today ... bracing myself for the storm!! LOL

Wendy - I am with Angie .. can't remember what the TIU is .. and if it is 80 min .. I probably don't want to know what it is .. LOL

Angie ... Races .. Beerfest .. sounds like a blast .. where are ya'll going?? what kind of races? are we talking horses ..or cars .. or other??? LOL don't stress over the extra beerfest calories .. sometimes when you are out and about .. between the walking and doing and going and coming .. the calories really don't stack up like you think (take it from an expert .. LOL) .. OH .. and congrats and you and the DH weight loss .. WOW.. that is awesome!!

Cathe - what brand running shoe did you go with?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Asics .. no other shoe compares to me!!

Nancy - hope the girls night out was TOO much fun!! I know you behaved yourself .. right }(

OK .. today is about to get wild .. better run ..

.. yesterday's yoga was EXCELLENT!!! my abs are sore today .. :eek: :)

not sure if I will get a workout today ... may be an unscheduled rest day .. b/c of errands and DH schedule .. but if I don't get one in not going to fret .. tommorrow is LOOOONG run .. and then Sunday will be some kind of muscles total body workout ..

Ok .. have a great TGIF .. will BBL to check in w/you Ladies!:7

Diana .. we were posting at the same time!!:D

off day on a TGIF day .. WOW sounds great!

Your bootcamp class sounds awesome .. I told ya it is supposed to be the most popular fitness craze now .. outside bootcamp classes!!

Imax3 .. yeah .. SIL loves it .. I hurt my knee doing it .. too much jumping at too fast a speed .. it would not be so bad if it were done at the speed Imax2 was .. funny (or not so funny) Cathe F. and I both hurt our knees at the same time .. almost the same injury .. (and same recovery time)I tored my quad tendon that attaches the femur to the joint .. under the knee .. and had scar tissue and fragments .. floating debris in the knee joint ...

so that is why I stear clear of Imax3 or anything w/so much hoping at different angles done at that high of BPM .. it tore on the jumping up and down and twisting at the same time .. OUCH .. I still have to watch foot placement on certain moves ... but plyos .. jumping .. running .. sprinting .. all that is fine .. just the jumping and twisting I can not do ..

but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Imax 2 .. but my favorite right now is Body Max 2 .. that is the best workout she has ever done IMHO ... fun ... hard .. sweatfest and muscle burning-fest!!

anyway ... glad to hear from you .. sounds like your work is just about as bad as mine .. LOL ;-)

Good morning!!

The "girls" night out was fun, fun, FUN!!! A few bottles of wine bit the dust and the food was perfect and easy. All healthy options, of course, but way TOO much of it!!!!

My butt is hurting from Leaner Legs today and that's a good thing! I think tonight is Squeeze again. I want to give this workout a fair amount of time. My daughter says I like it so much because it's easier than Cathe. (She's probably right, but I wouldn't admit it to her). It's definitely a burner...just a different type of burn.

Wendy - I know what you mean about everybody's life getting too busy to get together. It's hard getting everyone together at one time but it's so worth it. I would have blew off doing Yoga too. Mom's more important and I HATE YOGA, LOL.

Wow....ANGIE.... 25 lbs each!!! Wow!!!! Congratulations!!! I love buying new clothes and you have a great reason. (After shopping though I'd probably celebrate with dinner out somewhere - not a good choice, huh?)

Diana - Congratulations on your son's award. It makes us so proud, doesn't it? You had a good reason to celebrate with some ice cream. I won't even mention what I ate last night (or how much of it). I don't really LOVE to cook but I do enjoy a good meal and I'M IT!!!! Either that or order in and I don't do that too often. There aren't many good options out there. I do enjoy dinner in a restaurant though.

Laura - I was happy to help in the rain department. I often tease the kids and the school that I do a raindance everyday for the lunch hour because I hate them going into the schoolyard. They come in sweating, bruised, etc. and keep me TOO busy for two hours!!! I think they're going out today, unfortunately!!!

TGIF!!!!!! My DH doesn't return until Sunday night so it's a long girl's weekend too!!! We're thinking about heading into NYC on Sunday for the Puerto Rican Day Parade. That should be interesting, no???? I already spoke to DH about it and he didn't think it was a great idea. (Bad words....makes me want to go even more, lol!) It seems that every year there's a little trouble associated with this parade but I'm sure we'll be just fine and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so we'll see.

Okay, have a great one!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy
:) :)

Phew! I got Cardio Core Express, pull ups, push ups and ab work done. I hope to grab a run as well a bit later this afternoon!

I'm off...have to pack up the lil' guy and get a move-on to MIL's to drop him off!

BBL hopefully!:)

Just checkin back with everyone. I just finished going thru some clothes in my closet - out with the old so that tomorrow can be in with the new.;-) I also went thru the underwear drawer.:7 Again out with the old!! Geez - I can't even fill out my bra's anymore.:( DH is starting to call me Angie-A-cup.}( I told him I could get the girls back if he wanted me to....LOL! The only place that I really did not want to lose and now it's going...going....:eek:

Diana - Woooohooo! Vacation day! :) Sounds like you have lots of celebrations going on. That's great! Have fun and blow off some steam. Thanks for the kudos:) ;)

Laura - I'm with you with the IMAX2 w/o. I like it much more than IMAX3 but I like to switch them up. If it was completely up to me, I would only do SB, RS, and IMAX2 - those w/o are truly fun for me.
We're off to the NASCAR race that will be in Michigan on Sunday (fathers day). We'll probably leave Thursday sometime and spend a few days since there's so much to do. The whole family is stoked! It's really a rockin' time, but this will be the first time takin the kids, so it will not be as rockin' as usual.:7

Nancy - Thanks also for the kudos - I think I will probably celebrate with beer - although I know that's not really the thing to do. Sounds like you will be partying it up again over the weekend.:) Be careful but have loads of fun!!

Off to figure out my w/o plan for next week. I think I'm gonna cut back on the cardio for a while and do another X-like rotation with Cathe GS, S&H and P90X. I'm not seeing a lot of muscle gains anymore so I think I might be doing too much cardio and not enough muscle. I think I'll cut down to 1 cardio per week like the X rotation and see how that goes. Time to switch things up I think.

Have a great day all!!

Angie

Happy Friday afternoon, everyone!

Wendy :: good job getting in your workout into what sounds like a busy day!

Angie :: I *hate* when posts disappear…for the check-in posts I usually type them in Word and then cut & paste. Too frustrating to lose all that text! Oh, don’t feel like an idiot – with all the jargon we have flying around these boards, it’s easy to get mixed up…GREAT feeling to be buying smaller clothes – congrats to both of you on the rewards of your hard work. I hear you on losing in the one spot you want to keep it. *lol*

Diana :: congrats to DS on his award…the vanilla ice cream + Reese’s sounds de-lish… and have fun hosting dad’s party!

Laura :: I have been running in the Nimbus ever since my bout with AT some years ago. Have been very happy with all incarnations of this shoe, BUT of course, it is one of the priciest ones!

Nancy :: enjoy Squeeze tonight & your foray into the city, if you decide to go.

OK, I gotta get moving soon. It's ME upper body split + some abs and then off to a grad. party. Fasting tonight again - BOO!!!

Have a great night, everyone!
Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.