P90X Grads and Nancy Sunday June 10

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies. Good Morning. :)

Today is my rest day but I plan on doing yoga later on.

This afternoon I'll be crackin' down on my p/t exam again finally. I'll be alone for several hours again so it's the perfect time to work on it. It's actually the only reason I'll be home alone. If I wasn't doing this I'd be going with DH.

Not much else goin' on around here...I guess I'll come back later and see who popped in to say hi!

TTYL!:)

Good morning Wendy and everybody

The weather is a little gloomy here today. I considered going into the city for the PR parade but ehhhh...feeling lazy, it's not the best weather and DH doesn't want me to go anyway. He's on his way home from his motorcycle trip and I should probably stick around and welcome him home. The last time I went away with the girls he had a nice dinner waiting for me so maybe I'll do the same for him.

I don't know what my workout is for today but I'm up to lower body. It will probably be GS because that's my "go to" workout when nothing else pops up at me. My legs feel alittle sore from KPC yesterday.

Have fun crackin' down on your exam. Are you finding it hard? Is your DH taking your son with him? In any case, enjoy your alone time!!

Nancy

Hi Wendy and all who follow

I have a rest day today too. I have really been neglecting my household chores so I'll have plenty to do if I can just connect with some motivation.;-) I like my lazy Sunday mornings, so I'm not gonna get in too much of a hurry.

I just now printed out my P90X 90 day pics that I took back in April. I needed to get the pics off my camera so I can use it for vacation. Wow - there's a huge difference from day 1 to day 90. I think I'll have DS take pics today too (almost 2 months later) and see what the difference is there as well. One of these days I might actually have the guts to post them. What great motivation to keep going in the right direction.:)

Wendy - Good luck with your studies. I'm so jealous. I would love to go thru that and become a personal trainer. Maybe down the road....but I have too much on my plate right now. Do you have any idea how many hours you will have to sink into it altogether? Is it an on-line coarse where you can go at your own pace? Is there any practical portion of it that you have to do in person?
I would love to teach high school kids how to make better choices and how to exercise, so that they don't fall into the same unhealthy traps I did and the same traps that most Americans fall into. There is such a huge connection between self confidence and self image at that stage in life. I think good information could make a big difference at that age.

Anyways..............BBL and happy Sunday all!!

Angie

THE PRACTICAL EXAM IS DONE! YES!!!!!:7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ Can you tell that I might be happy about this? :p LOL

Nancy, DS spent the weekend at nanny's and DH had to go up there today too. They are coming home together in a couple of hours. It's so nice but so rare when I got a lot of time home alone like I did this weekend. I just LOVED it!:) I haven't actually been outside yet today but I opened the windows as it seems kind of cool and it's not exactly sunny either so I can see why you opted out of the parade. Enjoy welcoming your hubby back home today!}(

Angie, I know what it's like to neglect the chores and have them pile up. I am famous for doing that! I get more of a sense of accomplishment out of housework when there is more to do all at once. The dirtier the house, the happier I am once it's all cleaned up I guess!:p :7 ;) I am glad you can really appreciate what the X has done for you even if you are not exactly where you'd like to be yet. That program is just amazing, isn't it? As for my PT exam you could do the practical 2 ways...in person or at home via video or photographs. I chose at home via video. The rest is all done at home. They send you the books and the exam and give you almost 4 months to complete it. You can get an extension on that time if you need it. I did. It's time consuming between reading the materials and taking all parts of the exam but the MOST time consuming was the practical by far. If you have the nerve and it's convenient, doing it in person is probably the more efficient way to go but they only offer it in certain places on certain dates so it's not like you can go whenever you want.

Off to make myself a congratulatory cup of java now that I've eaten something!:7 :9 ;)

BBL!:+

Hey ladies!

I’m back from Baltimore…had a great time…rocked out and am getting ready to nap out soon. Still have a bunch of poems to grade and hoped I’d be up for a workout, but I don’t know that either will be happening. Will see how much get-up-and-gusto I have after a snooze. Probably nil. *lol*

Nancy :: the weather’s gloomy here, too – don’t blame you for not wanting to trek into the city on a day like this. Are you on Long Island? I'm trying to remember...I think you mentioned it before. Enjoy GS Legs.

Angie :: Ooh yeah, I really love quiet Sunday mornings and starting my day off slowly…I have my P90 pics online but only share them selectively. I PM’d the link to my cheetah friends who were interested in seeing them, but this way they are not out there for the whole internet to see. Oh, please! As if that rear view needs to go prime-time! *lol*…Anyway, maybe that would be a comfortable option for you, too…Wouldn’t that be a sweet deal to teach nutrition at school and be a trainer on the side? You could probably get plenty of clients through the teaching staff. Folks at my school are constantly focused on health/nutrition. We’ve had spin and yoga classes on-site; plus, this year there’s been a staff “biggest loser” competition. I think at most schools you would find a great deal of interest from the staff.

Wendy :: I posted it on the cheetah thread, but I think it’s worth saying again: CONGRATS on getting that practical done. Must be a huge weight off your shoulders! When will you get the results? If you said that, I missed it…I love what you said to Angie about the X: “I am glad you can really appreciate what the X has done for you even if you are not exactly where you'd like to be yet.” That is EXACTLY how I feel about it. And now I am so pumped about the new w/outs – both Tony’s and Cathe’s!!

Diana & Laura :: hope you're off enjoying your weekends!

~Cathy :)

Cathy:

OMG, that's right! P90X MASTERS is in the works!!! Holy cr@p, I almost forgot about that! WHOA! I can already see the flames shootin' out of my credit card baby! LOL :7 }( :7 }( :7 }(

As far as the PT exam results. They said it can take 4-6 weeks to ge the results back once you mail them off. Unless ofcourse, you pay them $50.00, in which case you will get them back in a couple of days. I'm not sending them $50.00. I already owe them $30.00 because I got the extension to finish the test!

Glad you had fun in Baltimore! See you on the boards tomorrow!
:)

Wooooooooohoooooooo!!! Congrats Wendy! I'm so proud of you.;-) Thanks also for the information. If I ever decide that is something I want to do, I will probably email you for details if you don't mind? You must feel so accomplished today.:) :) :)

Cathy - So glad you had fun in Baltimore. You must be winding up your school year eh? The boys just got done on Friday - now they're complaining about the chores I have slated for them for the summer.:( I'm trying to show them that life isn't all fun and no work. Funny how that wasn't an issue when I was a kid.:7 Boy, have things changed, and not for the better I'm afraid. I think DH and I are too easy on our kids, so I'm puttin the hammer down and they don't like it one bit. I think I have been too easy on them b/c I'm so picky on how I want things done that it's just a whole lot easier just to do it myself. In the process, I think I have created messy, spoiled, monsters.:-( }( They are sooooo gonna hate me by the end of the summer.
Thanks also for the suggestions on the pics. I won't ever e-mail anyone the pics of my backside - I like you all too much for that! LOL! I may get brave enough to post a couple of front or side pics but I want to have some better pics to compare them to......soon I hope. I have gone from a size 16 to a 10/12 since December, so I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm closin in on my goal. I'm 5'8, so I would be thrilled with a size 8 or 9. I haven't been that size since high school and I'm 38 now so, yes I would be thrilled!
Any new word on when Tony will have that new series out? This summer I hope!!

Angie

Wendy :: yeah, I don't blame you - I wouldn't be shelling out $50 for expedited results, either. You could spend that money on *at least* two new workout vids! }(

Angie :: Yes, we are winding up. This is our last full week of school but we end on the 20th. I think it's great that you're putting the boys "to work." I now teach in an affluent area and have noticed many of my students' families have housekeepers who pretty much do everything. Now, I have nothing against the idea of having help, but I do notice that my kids - as sweet as they are - are messier than those in the working-class district where I previously taught. It's not really their fault - they're just used to having someone pick up after them...Congrats on the progress you've made so far! That's fantastic!! I am also about 20 lbs. or so away from where I really want to be and hesitated to share my progress picsbut decided to bite the bullet. I am maybe just a bit paranoid, as a teacher, to have pictures of my body posted somewhere on the internet. So, I wanted to keep it somewhat private...Haven't heard any word about when those w/outs are coming out. I don't go to Tony's site often - I find it kind of hard to navigate, actually.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.